8 replies to this topic

#1 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have been working on this game for almost 2 years and now I have finally got this almost done by 70%. So here is my demo release of Neon BBXD. This Brick-breaking game is not like any other. With impressive graphics and amazing game play, this goes to show there is something entertaining about brick breaking other than saying it is boring. You may encounter not just bricks but critters that squirm around, meteor showers from the sky, and even dragons that blows plasma rays that destroy anything in its path. Plus there are 4 different type of shooting actions that will blow your head off.

Instructions:
Press either key 1 (mouse), 2 (keyboard), or 3 (joystick) to change controller mode.
If mouse mode:
-Use mouse to move the paddle.
-Left click whether to release ball, shoot bullets, or any other action.
If Keyboard mode:
-Use the arrow keys to move the paddle.
-Press the space bar whether to release ball, shoot bullets, or any other action.
*Obviously joystick mode is simple to guess how it works but it is not fully tested*
Another thing, press Enter to pause the game and Shift for un pausing.

NEW UPDATES 02/16/12

-Fixed few bugs from paddle and ball
-Fixed ball freeze when finishing clicking power (only when grab power is obtained)
-Determine which power is received from the background color (only for fireball and mouse clicking power)
-Add turbine action for keyboard
-Asteroids and dragons are now a probability to appear itself in the room
-place dragon closer to walls
-decrease time range for thunder to appear.
-Added new critters (goul bugs & bouncer)
-Fixed speed determination when releasing ball.
-Allow time freeze with time freeze effect when received the mouse clicking power
-New and better vortex effect.
-Fixed earthquake effect after passing a level (usually when not in full screen)
-Fixed part where window goes out of bound when shaking
-ADDED TWO MORE LEVELS!

Posted Image
Posted Image
NOTE: This game is still in the making but you’ll find here one level of demonstration only. The final version will contain many ways of entertaining yourself with this. Also should have 100 levels but no save point option (this is all about how far you can reach and how high is your score).
For any commentary, suggestion (really appreciate this), and reviews would be delightful (I this page please). Please try out my game. Hope you enjoy! ^_^
Direct Download
If any problems or for those who collaborated but not see their name in it (pressF1) please let me know through this page. Thank you!

Edited by MisuMen49, 14 April 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#2 Artaex Media

Artaex Media

Artaex Media

• GMC Member
  • 1531 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

What's the resolution of the game?

#3 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

What's the resolution of the game?

Hm... I didn't set a resolution on it but the room size is 1344x800. Although the window and room is very huge (reduce in size using views), You can press F4 to reduce the size. Are you having problems with the graphics or is it the window size that's causing it wrong? Or you just ask because you were curious? :mellow:

#4 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

YIKES only 5 downloads!!! I don't expect people to think that this game is boring; it haves amazing stuffs and difficulty. :sad:

#5 Silver Scratch

Silver Scratch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 166 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hint, hint. Maybe we are waiting for a more expanded demo? Love that game! Don't worry, just wait some more or talk more about it! :) keep up the good work!

#6 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Okay! I made a huge update! This time I added more thrill; two new critters:

Ghoul critter-- if ball touches it, it shrinks a bit (don't let it shrink completely). Plus it follows the ball.
Bouncer-- it bounces all over the room. Don't touch it.
:cool:

Edited by MisuMen49, 06 April 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#7 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

I thought it would be good if I post an animated gif of a simple game play from my game.
Beta version will be release by the end of May (with possible delay)!
Posted Image

Edited by MisuMen49, 27 April 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#8 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

The direct download has expired. If you want a direct download use Dropbox (although I think they are removing that feature sooner or later).

I will post critique once my 48mb of fun downloads :D

#9 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

The direct download has expired. If you want a direct download use Dropbox (although I think they are removing that feature sooner or later).

I will post critique once my 48mb of fun downloads :D

Um... I don't know what you mean by link expired because the link is working fine for me. Perhaps its the type of connection you're using but I'll try to finish my game as soon as possible to change the link location. Unfortunately I already edited the exe. I won't upload the file until it is done; probably at May. :sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users