• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Maybe this is a noob question, but I haven't seen this answered before... how will Studio work for testing the game in mobile devices? (iOS, android) Through some sort of emulation? or how will I be able to test the game in such devices?

This two videos show the games actually working in the devices, but still it isn't clear how testing works:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QDyojHqlfuE
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Izq3w2azcY4

#2 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

On Android you need to install the Android SDK (with a Java JDK as well) and create a KeyStore - simple steps are included in Studio - plugin your device (remember to set it to development mode) then press Play (or Debug)

On iOS it is a little bit more complicated as you need a Mac to create the runner in a form you can put on your device (this bit is more involved) - essentially we have a tool to re-sign the Runner application with your development certificate and you can then use iTunes or the iPhone configuration utility to put it onto your device. Once it is on you can connect it to the PC and away you go (Play or Debug)

You can also Play or Debug over the air (i.e. no wires using wifi) on both devices, which is very handy.

#3 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Thanks Russel!

You can also Play or Debug over the air (i.e. no wires using wifi) on both devices, which is very handy.

And how exactly this works? I guess you install some app in the devices and it loads the game wirelessly.

#4 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

You need to get the YoYoRunner onto the device (any of them) then when you start it up, you can point it at the IP address of the PC and it will download code over Wifi.

#5 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

You need to get the YoYoRunner onto the device (any of them) then when you start it up, you can point it at the IP address of the PC and it will download code over Wifi.

Awesome! Thanks for the info.