7 replies to this topic

#1 1 Shogun

1 Shogun

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

This is a message to anyone who can help. I and others (with no affiliation) have posted some bug issues using http://gm4mac.yoyogames.com/ but I have realized that the last the last resolved issue was on June 28, 2011. So, if anyone with programing knowledge would like to donate their time to actually solving the recent reported issues, i.e. within the last couple of months, it would be greatly appreciated. So far there are about 34 (as of date of this post) unassigned issues. So far GM4Mac is version 7.5.86 with only climbing two points (7.5.84) since June 28, 2011. This is kind of sad, and I and probably many others feel that two points in no way reflects any sense of stability. Thanks.

#2 vonStauffenberg

vonStauffenberg

GMC Member

• 25 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

As a owner of GM4Mac I fully support this request, bring some atention to GM4Mac or stop selling a software full of bugs and obviously discontinued.Posted Image

#3 SecondReality

SecondReality

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I totally agree with this, I reported a bug a long time ago, still not answered!
I'm really upset about this!
We have paid 32 euros or something like that for GM4Mac but it's filled with bugs!
In my opinion, it's not worth its money, also because the service is as bad as hell.
Nobody even tries to help the Mac users. Then YoYoGames should not sell it anymore and give everyone's money back!

#4 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9413 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

YYG don't want to spend time and money on GM for Mac when GM9 will be Mac capable and this will be a full rewrite.

GM Studio will be out earlier than GM9, and this will be Windows based with the ability to export a Mac app.

GM for Mac sales have been slow, so there's no point spending money on something that isn't making them money. Wasting money like that would cause them to go under and then there would be no more GM. It's not an ideal situation for anyone.

I used GM for Mac during the private beta, I bought it the day it came out, and I have never regretted it. There is a lite version so you should have tested that before paying your hard earned cash when you didn't know what you were in for. I did know what I was in for, I bought it, and now I publish apps to the Mac App Store and make my money back.

#5 vonStauffenberg

vonStauffenberg

GMC Member

• 25 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

1328515016[/url]' post='3902789']
YYG don't want to spend time and money on GM for Mac when GM9 will be Mac capable and this will be a full rewrite.

GM Studio will be out earlier than GM9, and this will be Windows based with the ability to export a Mac app.

GM for Mac sales have been slow, so there's no point spending money on something that isn't making them money. Wasting money like that would cause them to go under and then there would be no more GM. It's not an ideal situation for anyone.

I used GM for Mac during the private beta, I bought it the day it came out, and I have never regretted it. There is a lite version so you should have tested that before paying your hard earned cash when you didn't know what you were in for. I did know what I was in for, I bought it, and now I publish apps to the Mac App Store and make my money back.

So if YYG do not want to spend time and money on GM4Mac why they continue selling it ??? At least they should advise to possible new buyers that this software has any kind of support and it is discontinued.

Edited by vonStauffenberg, 06 February 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#6 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9413 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

They continue to sell it because they have already invested a lot of money in it, and they need to try to recover their losses.

The software does have support. If you find a bug that makes the program unusable, and it's like that for everyone, not just you, then it will get fixed. But there are a lot of minor bugs, and there is no incentive to spend time and money fixing them when the programmers making it hate the code and want it rewritten. They could instead spend the same time and money working on GM9 which will have Mac support, and a rewritten code base.

#7 1 Shogun

1 Shogun

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I think you are misunderstanding the Game Maker 9 being multiplatform, though I hope it will be. The Faqs page says that GM4Mac is isn't compatible with 8.1 but compatibility issues will be fixed in GM9. However a I can load a GM4Mac/GM7 file in GM8. Basically, it's a DirectX issue, which MacOSX doesn't use so that's probably why they mention GM9 development under the MacOSX section of the Faqs page. I've "Googled" my brains out ::lmao:: and can't find anything but rumors as to a GM9 for MacOSX. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they make GM9 for Windows and then an iOS/Android/PSP/Etc. converter on Windows. I would much rather see HTML5 GM for Mac with full 3D support than a GM9. This way if you have an up-to-date internet browser, whether online or offline, can be played on Mac, Linux, or Windows. Besides, Adobe might not like it, but there will come a day when HTML5 is preferred over flash on web pages. And, YoYoGames plans on making a program called "GameMaker:Studio" (which could be GM9) in order to export a GameMaker file to Windows, iOS, Android, HTML5, and as a Mac Package.

Here's link: http://www.yoyogames...amemaker/studio

If you pay close attention, it says that it will be available for Windows only. This is why I have my doubts on a GM9 version for MacOSX. I also can't see how a PC could successfully compile a MacOSX or iOS app/package. So in the mean time, until YoYoGames fixes some issues with GM4Mac or have a PC version, we're on our own. If anyone with programing skills who would like to donate their time to help fix any of the reported bug's on http://gm4mac.yoyoga.../login_page.php or on this forum it would be greatly appreciated by many.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY TO MY POST ON MESSAGE BOX ISSUES:

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=530649 //Just in case there's a flood of threads...

#8 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9413 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

GM Studio is GM8 Studio. That's the next product to be released, and it's in development now. The maker part will only support Windows.

GM9 will come in 3 flavours, Lite, Standard and Studio. GM9 is not currently in development yet, but Mike and Russell are regularly posting here in the GMC and on Twitter stating thing that will and wont be supported in GM9. They will be using a cross platform code base, unlike the two separate code bases they have now. This means GM for Mac will jump a version, and be version 9 with the same features as GM9 for Windows.

Unfortunately, Mike's account being wiped has made it hard to find the posts where he's said things like this, but I assure you he has ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users