- Title: Dynamic Co-op Screens
- Description: A co-op viewing engine that dynamically involves split screen, single screen, and a minimap!
- GM Version: :GM81:
- Registered: Minimap only, but it can be avoided by replacing "draw_self"
- File Type: .zip with a .gm81 - Needed for minimap's draw_self()
- File Size: almost 1MB
- File Link: http://www.mediafire...cs9sv3wttpss3cu
- Video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jUp-m3ckn-Y
- Credit: Required
This little code package will give you a dynamic split screen!
The dynamic split screen is for two player co-op games, but can be used
in versus games. It takes a view to follow player1, then when player2 is far
enough, it will separate them into two different screens by a zooming effect!
And when they go back, it zooms back into the single view!
There is also a minimap that will slide to a new position if it's in normal, or split view!
- You will need 3 (four if you want a minimap) views
- Set the first view (one with least priority) to however - this is the main view
- Set up the next two to split the screen directly in half horizontally. Make sure the total up in both dimensions to the size of the main view
- Set up a smaller view that sees the whole room (or how much you want) This will be the minimap.
- Make argument 4 of this script a near half of the room's smallest dimension
- Only the main script in player 1's step event
- Set the origin of your map range sprite to map the player for exact range.
- Make sure you don't have a split_done local variable for player 1
- Please make an option to disable the dynamics. It may get some dizzy.
There are 3 scripts, and their arguments and explanations are explained
below, but you should name them and place them where they're indicated.
view_splitter - goes in player1's step event
view_start - goes in player1's create event
view_map - if you want the minimap, this goes into both player's draw events. draw_self is packed with this script.
view_splitter has 12 arguments:
Edited by Ventwig, 27 January 2012 - 02:24 PM.