#1 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Removed content

Edited by King Tetiro, 01 March 2014 - 08:55 AM.

#2 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

And we've already had feedback from a Zelda Universe topic

just from looking at the screenshot I think one problem is that the buttons blend in too well with the environment. I thought the menu button was a sign for a shop or something at first., You might want to consider not making them in an 8-bit style or add some sort of border that makes it clear that these are buttons.

Have you tried putting all buttons on black borders outside the main screen? I always hate having to tap the screen I'm supposed to be looking at.

Me and the team agreed that the buttons and circle pad could block the viewing of the character if the character is located under the circle pad or buttons. So we've start progress on a Heads Up Display update. We'll be updating the buttons as well.

Posted Image

And we've also been working on the Howling Woods (Dungeon #1). Both of these things will be available in V0.06 onwards.

Keep the feedback coming folks!

Edited by King Tetiro, 26 January 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#3 Foxx of AK

Foxx of AK

GMC Member

• 445 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I tried this the other day and that's one thing I noticed. In the screenshots I actually thought all the buttons were part of the gameworld.
I like the new virtual analog much better now though.

Not really much else to the game at the moment so I'll try and check back for an update or something.

#4 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yeah I tried this the other day and that's one thing I noticed. In the screenshots I actually thought all the buttons were part of the gameworld.
I like the new virtual analog much better now though.

Not really much else to the game at the moment so I'll try and check back for an update or something.

We will be working on the Buying/Selling update batch from the 28th onwards if there remains no other feedback.

I have now coloured the borders of the circle pad and buttons light blue so it's obvious what's HUD and what's not

Edited by King Tetiro, 26 January 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#5 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ok folks, I have today V0_07 which is looking for feedback. Not only does it bring an update to the Heads Up Display but also the rest of the rooms needed for the first official demo created and tiled along with the Buying/Selling engine

Posted Image

We still need feedback on the following aspects.

• How easy was it for your to understand the controls?
  • What's your thoughts on the Character Movement?
  • Did you find Ingame Menu System easy to use?
  • Do you think that there is room for improvement for the Object Interaction? If so, what?
  • Is there anything you think could be improved? If so, what?
  • How do you find the Buying/Selling engine's double tap function?

Help bring the game to finer quality

#6 zehevi

zehevi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

First, I think you should consider having the option to change the size of the analog control, as it might be too small for certain mobile devices.
Second, I'm not sure if you have noticed but everytime you move to a new area / map you need to re-click the analog in order to move again, this can be annoying once you get used to the controls.

It is a pretty well crafted game, I enjoyed watching the 8bit graphics.

#7 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

First, I think you should consider having the option to change the size of the analog control, as it might be too small for certain mobile devices.
Second, I'm not sure if you have noticed but everytime you move to a new area / map you need to re-click the analog in order to move again, this can be annoying once you get used to the controls.

It is a pretty well crafted game, I enjoyed watching the 8bit graphics.

First : I've done my research and apart from the iPad (because I haven't found a screenshot of a game on iPad using the analog control), this analog control will fit on all devices (Gotta remember, the screen will always be scaled to 200% size for phone devices. Thank you mike for making that possible lol)
Second : I'm trying to figure out where in my code the circle pad gets de-activated. I hope to have the problem fixed by the next version.

I appreciate the feedback. I shall get working on the second bit of feedback right now. Keep the feedback coming folks!

EDIT: The Analog control problem is a thing of the past. You can continue moving from room to room. You will see it from V0.08+

EDIT 2: I've been researching iPad games with analog controls and the analog control is only at most 4 pixels smaller. I think it's fair to say that there won't be a problem. However I will be releasing a V.IP.0.08+ that is at the scaleable screen resolution of the iPad. This will allow you guys to give feedback on the location of the analog control.

EDIT 3: Texture Page Usage Update. So far we've only used 10.8% of the texture pages available (8900 8x8 blocks out of 81920 8x8 blocks) and this is counting almost all of the sprites that we have at our disposal) It's fair to say our objective of keeping to all of the sprite limitations is going great!

Edited by King Tetiro, 29 January 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#8 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

No Version updates just yet because the next stage is Music and Sounds but there is a Sound update. Our epic composer has already made 16 of the 40 8-Bit sounds! In only 1 week! Wowsa! Whatever he's taking to make fast progress I want it!

And in other news, all the Enemy Battle sprites are now done! In only 3 days as well. There are 100 enemies you can fight...once the engine is done...

And a final bit of news, I've been doing the Battle Interface design in terms of the screen. I've been doing formulas and stuff to make sure it not only works for iPhones and Androids, but iPads as well.

Keep the feedback coming folks!

#9 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

No version updates this week, I'm still awaiting music and sounds.

On the plus side, 98.25% of the graphics have been FULLY sprited. Only 2 sprite sheets are left. Overall, we've used 19.99% of the 5 texture pages we can use for the mobile phone games. 0.01% under our target limit. We did it folks! (Yup! An entire RPG graphics in under 1024x1024 sprite sheet :o)

Soon, we will be revealing the Project's real title. Along with the game's logo.

EDIT: Been programming the drawing of the Battle backgrounds. It's hard making it fit the graphics style and the battle style of the 8-Bit RPGs

Edited by King Tetiro, 04 February 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#10 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Ok folks, I have uploaded a new version. This version is in the intended iPad screen resolution (512x384) (Hence why there's an I at the end of the version (V0.08I) )

The following things have been done

• Enemy Sprites have been added *
  • NPC Sprites have been added *
  • Logo sprite has been added *
  • All areas which will be available in the free mobile phone demo (Once GM Studio is out) are available for you to roam (Except for the Hallowed Woods and the Castle Dungeons. They are blocked by a barrier.)
  • The Analog control has been updated

* = You can't see it right now. But it's there in the source file I have.

This time round, I'd like feedback on the User Interface and the Menu Interface for the iPad.

I'd appreciate it folks

EDIT: Fantastic news today. I've heard the first track of the game and it's very 8-bit! And its file size is incredibly small! The future of this game is looking very grand!

Edited by King Tetiro, 05 February 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#11 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

I must apologise, I put the download link in a incorrect manner. It has been fixed now.

Also, the Music implementation has been delayed until further notice due to reading the GM Mobile Phone handbook.

As a result, it means the Battle Engine will take its place in the queue.

In greater news though, the Sound Effects are 75% done! Only 10 sounds left for my composer to make. And the current file size is 881kb. If all goes well, we'll have the total file size at less than 1.5MB!

In more news, the Sound Playing engine is fully operational along with a few functions to prevent garbling looping.

Once all 40 sounds have been made and the sounds which are currently needed have been implemented, a version V0.09 will be released! After that, the Battle Engine will commence!

EDIT: I've started work on the Battle Engine whilst I wait for the last sound!

Posted Image

EDIT 2: Even more work on the Battle Engine.

Posted Image

Edited by King Tetiro, 09 February 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#12 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

Since you seem to have a nicely categorized topic, I'll leave a nicely categorized reply. :D

Good stuff:
=== Really smooth game engine. It's polished for a short demo, and there are a lot of places to explore. I only found one glitch with trying to talk to people. (explained below)
=== I liked the menu system. It was well laid-out and easy to figure out, and I wasn't clicking around randomly trying to equip stuff.
=== The 8-bit thing is sooo awesome! I like how it's true, old school 8-bit instead of lazy-graphics 8-bit. The graphics still manage to look really good despite the colour restrictions.
=== The attention to detail was nice

Not so good stuff:
=== Hearing that beeping sound every time I click the control pad is annoying. If you make it so you only hear it when you click elsewhere on the screen, you'd also have the bonus of knowing when you're hitting it. One thing I've noticed about touchscreen games is that you don't notice your hand shifting slightly until you're nowhere near the controls. It's especially bad for more action-y games.
=== Seems like talking to people freezes the game. I don't mean Not Responding-type freezing, I mean the HUD vanishes and everything stops, and other times, it doesn't do anything at all. Not sure whether the dialogue system's done yet, so if it isn't, just ignore this.

Suggestions and whatever:
Would there be some way to add an option to move the control pad wherever you want on the screen?
A run ability would be nice. Even after setting walking speed to 3, it still felt really slow, especially during those long stretches in the forest.
I'd like to be able to walk over the bushes and tree stumps in the town, since it's tedious going around everything.

Nice game! Hope that helps!

TheUltimate

#13 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Since you seem to have a nicely categorized topic, I'll leave a nicely categorized reply. :D

Good stuff:
=== Really smooth game engine. It's polished for a short demo, and there are a lot of places to explore. I only found one glitch with trying to talk to people. (explained below)
=== I liked the menu system. It was well laid-out and easy to figure out, and I wasn't clicking around randomly trying to equip stuff.
=== The 8-bit thing is sooo awesome! I like how it's true, old school 8-bit instead of lazy-graphics 8-bit. The graphics still manage to look really good despite the colour restrictions.
=== The attention to detail was nice

Not so good stuff:
=== Hearing that beeping sound every time I click the control pad is annoying. If you make it so you only hear it when you click elsewhere on the screen, you'd also have the bonus of knowing when you're hitting it. One thing I've noticed about touchscreen games is that you don't notice your hand shifting slightly until you're nowhere near the controls. It's especially bad for more action-y games.
=== Seems like talking to people freezes the game. I don't mean Not Responding-type freezing, I mean the HUD vanishes and everything stops, and other times, it doesn't do anything at all. Not sure whether the dialogue system's done yet, so if it isn't, just ignore this.

Suggestions and whatever:
Would there be some way to add an option to move the control pad wherever you want on the screen?
A run ability would be nice. Even after setting walking speed to 3, it still felt really slow, especially during those long stretches in the forest.
I'd like to be able to walk over the bushes and tree stumps in the town, since it's tedious going around everything.

Nice game! Hope that helps!

TheUltimate

I have been been talking to TheUltimate to make sure these concerns are sorted. He has praised me for PMing about these concerns as well :D I do have to note everyone that the most recent version I have stupidly forgot to include the Text file. Fortunately I haven't updated it in ages so just copy and paste it from the previous version and it'll be fine

Here's a new screenshot to show progress. The Battle Engine is roughly 80% done. The Battle Actions are roughly 50% done

Posted Image

I am going to be looking for testers in the future once the Battle Engine+Actions are done. So keep track on that too

Edited by King Tetiro, 12 February 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#14 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

Howdy folks, today I don't bring a new version however I do bring an update.

We've been working very hard on the current section of the game and because of this, there won't be a new version for a while. As a result, the next version will have the battle system itself! Yup, we've been working on the battle actions this week and there are only 7 of them left to do and then we can finish up on the battle system. It won't contain "Game Over" scenarios as the starting menu has yet to be done but the majority of the battle system will be done by the next version. As for the "Game Over" scenario, that you will have to be patient on.

So stay tuned folks as I will be bringing a new screenshot tonight of the most recent ability in the game.

In other news, one of my mates is constructing a website for the game! So we're eventually going to have a new version of the Phoenix Heart website :D

#15 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Ok folks, today I bring a brand new version! And the biggest update version so far. The battle engine at 90% completion!

Demo V0.15 (Added 17/02/2012) - The Battle Engine at 90% completion (Game Over and Player HP being less than 0 left to sort). Also feedback from TheUltimate has started being used

Posted Image

Kekira has summed up how I feel about the gruesome getting the battle engine to a decent state

And as usual, I have some things I'd like to know.

• Apart from there not being a Game Over and the Player HP can be less than 0, are there any bugs?
  • What did you think of the Battle Engine?
  • Do you think that the Battle Interface is easy to use?
  • For enemies up to level 10, do you think the difficulty level is right?

Now unlike previous testing, I am putting a cap on what things you can use in battle.

• You may only give Tetiro a better weapon (Hammer Sword V.1)
  • You can use any V.1 jewels and ONE V.2 Balanced Jewel
  • For this version, only the characters available in the official demo have been set available

And I recommend trying each area with the following levels

• Hallowed Woods : Levels 1-3
  • Brewery : Levels 5-6
  • Castle Dungeons : Levels 7-8
  • Dark Woods : Levels 9-10 (Only in this area you can equip the Hammer Sword V.1 and V.2 Balanced Jewel)

EDIT: I have also put two Testing functions in.

Enter : All characters level up
    Shift : Automatically triggers a battle. Won't work correctly in Colensa. But don't worry you won't get an error. It'll just enter battle but as there are no enemies, you automatically win the battle.

As usual, feedback other than what I ask for is very appreciated

Edited by King Tetiro, 17 February 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#16 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

No big news or updates today, minus the fact we've opened a Twitter account for the game.

https://twitter.com/#!/Legena_T_N_D

I was talking to some first years in my university course and they gave me the idea for this. I hope to bring the up to date knowledge to Twitter. And maybe Facebook if things go well.

Me and my team still await the feedback from the battle engine so please provide feedback

#17 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

We have a new version today with the following changes.

Demo V0.16 (Added 25/02/2012) - Player HP going no longer less than 0, Preset Battles and Enemy Health Bars

• Player HP no longer goes less than 0
  • Battles are preset rather than random so you the player can trigger them
  • Enemies now have Health Bars so you can tell how far they are to being wiped out

I will be working on the following next

• Graphical Changes
  • Indication if the player is in an area with battles

I hope to have some feedback for the changes and the battle engine.

#18 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Man, you have no idea how awesome it is to see that your suggestions are actually being used in someone's game. (Yep, breaking your self-post streak with style. :yes:) Kinda weird how there isn't much feedback here. It's a pretty cool game.

I'm gonna try the new version later, probably tomorrow. Would you like me to post what I think here or just stick it in that PM we have going?

TheUltimate

#19 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Man, you have no idea how awesome it is to see that your suggestions are actually being used in someone's game. (Yep, breaking your self-post streak with style. :yes:) Kinda weird how there isn't much feedback here. It's a pretty cool game.

I'm gonna try the new version later, probably tomorrow. Would you like me to post what I think here or just stick it in that PM we have going?

TheUltimate

Yeh I kind of notice how there has been very little feedback. I'd appreciate your feedback on it in this topic. Hopefully it'll bring more people along.

In other news, the marketing plan is pretty much wrapped up. I've been getting designs for the game logo and music. The future looks bright.

#20 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Apologies for the late update.

The reason there hasn't been an update lately is because I am part of the beta testing for GMStudio. So we are using Legena and my coursework to aid in the testing of GMStudio. So until the title logo has been fully designed, they'll be no updates for now.

So until then, can people please test V0.16? I'd really appreciate it?

(Uh-oh, the continuous posting is starting again lol)

#21 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

O.k. loaded it up, giving first impressions. (writing as I play.. excuse typo's, etc)

Arrows keys didn't work. Neither did mouse, until I clicked on the movey pad thing on the left. Mmm,

First battle was a little confusing. I think, in my opinion, that the text needs to be BIGGER. It really is tiny! :tongue:

O.k. second battle. I tried a fireball, then it selected the second player, so I did something.. and then something weird happened, there was like a grass field, sword there in the middle, some guy walked up to it, then some flashy thing happened, and then it went back to the battle scene, and the fox thing was killed by the same sort of flashy thing.

Perhaps it's a good time to mention I don't play many RPG's. :whistle:

O.k. another fight. It isn't obvious who your attacking with. I see up the top you have (in tiny text) Tetiro's turn, but I'd also think about lighting up his stat box, maybe make him walk a few paces forward (and have the attack, fireball, etc, interface align with him a bit higher)

Just something to stand out a bit more, ya know? I mean, I'm sure if I keep playing this, I'll know automatically who I'm attacking with just from experience, but this is first impressions.

(overworld map) I'd really like to click anywhere on the screen, and move there..

Umm, is it just me, or after you finish the battle, do you have to wait a few seconds? Like, have to? At least make something like a 'tap to continue' sort of thing! :tongue: As a suggestion, maybe a little box showing the exp gained, (and gold?) and a tap to continue.

Btw, I just discovered that while enter doesn't skip to the map again.. it does do something. :whistle:

I think I'd make the overworld movement a bit faster. Why not. Nothing particularly exciting is happneing their, so it just means I can get from A to B a bit faster.

(goes on settings to try find a teleporting spell) Ooooh, I can select walk speed! Very nice!

Finally got attacked (in battle). I generally kill them all first. :tongue: a guy was standing in the middle, and an arrow appeared in front of my guy who's on the right. Looked a bit weird, it seemed to come from no-one. :tongue:
I think.. make the arrow come from the guy in the middle!

Hmm, did the sea monster magic thing. Is there anything I'm meant to be doing when it shows the ocean where it's at? Like, I dunno, clicking it, or shaking the mouse around, or something? Feels like I should be doing something..

No seriously, let me click when the battle ends so I can go to the map quickly.

O.k. so I'm not discovering anything, except for what seems to be a huge overworld (lookin' good!) but no characters, dialogue etc, so I'm guessing that's still to come.

The engine seems really solid, few little tweaks&that (like letting the player click back when he's finished a battle..) and the movement is awkward with just a mouse.. I'd like to be able to click anywhere, like I said. But yeah, great start so far. :biggrin:

#22 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Alright folks, today we officially start our hunt for Android testers. In the future, GMS will be released and we will no longer be releasing PC demos. But that won't be until we know it works on Android/iOS. Now I can test an iPhone as they are all basically the same. But Androids come in all shapes and sizes.

So we will need your help people. We need testers. There's nothing you need to do right now except to put your hand up and say "I'll help". If you are willing to help test the Android version, send me a PM with saying so and what phone you have. The more different types we have, the better!

EDIT:

Arrows keys didn't work. Neither did mouse, until I clicked on the movey pad thing on the left. Mmm,

Read the first post :P

Perhaps it's a good time to mention I don't play many RPG's

Haha fair enough

O.k. another fight. It isn't obvious who your attacking with. I see up the top you have (in tiny text) Tetiro's turn, but I'd also think about lighting up his stat box, maybe make him walk a few paces forward (and have the attack, fireball, etc, interface align with him a bit higher)

Now that's a great idea! I shall implement this!

I'd really like to click anywhere on the screen, and move there..

Not sure people would like that. I will put up a poll on that one

I think.. make the arrow come from the guy in the middle!

Was thinking about doing this. Still thinking about it

Is there anything I'm meant to be doing when it shows the ocean where it's at? Like, I dunno, clicking it, or shaking the mouse around, or something? Feels like I should be doing something..

TheUltimate did point this out as well. But I explained that not many RPG players actually want that. It may come into play in future games. But this game will be left alone

No seriously, let me click when the battle ends so I can go to the map quickly.

Your wish is my command *goes all genie ass*

O.k. so I'm not discovering anything, except for what seems to be a huge overworld (lookin' good!) but no characters, dialogue etc, so I'm guessing that's still to come.

You haven't been to Colensa or Colensa Castle yet :P It's there! Go find it! :P

The engine seems really solid, few little tweaks&that (like letting the player click back when he's finished a battle..) and the movement is awkward with just a mouse.. I'd like to be able to click anywhere, like I said. But yeah, great start so far.

Good to hear :)
I will be using some of your suggestions to move the quality forward

Edited by King Tetiro, 10 March 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#23 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

Aww, I don't have an Android. :( Ah well...
Anyway I had a random idea. The vortex things marking battles should slowly move around and flicker in and out of existence once in a while. Right now they're kind of... static. Other than that there isn't really much to say. It's looking good as it is.

TheUltimate

#24 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Aww, I don't have an Android. :( Ah well...
Anyway I had a random idea. The vortex things marking battles should slowly move around and flicker in and out of existence once in a while. Right now they're kind of... static. Other than that there isn't really much to say. It's looking good as it is.

TheUltimate

I will be implementing the vortex moving, disappearing etc in a future update!

In other news, I've finished the Abilities menu, done most of the Game Menu (The menu that you can save the game in) and overall making sure it'll port to GMS well.

Also, the saving is done!

#25 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Ok dudes, we're getting close to the point where can start waving the "WE'RE PUTTING STORY IN NOW" flags around.

So I've been fleshing out the story a bit. I haven't forgotten about the following issues

-Vortexes <- You now have to avoid moving vortexes
-Town Warping (That's my quirk with the game.)
-Stat Box highlighting <- Brighter orange for the chracter you're currently controlling in battle? Result.
-Skips the battle ending <- You can skip the battle ending. You happy now? :tongue:
-Maybe Arrow editing?

EDIT: I've been updating the version. Expect a new version soon! With Saving and Loading (Just a pity I'm having a loading time problem. I'm on the case though)

EDIT 2: Looks like the loading time is sorting itself out. I have no clue what's going on lol

EDIT 3: Oh btw, we've started to add content and story! ::lmao::

Edited by King Tetiro, 18 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#26 Mr Game

Mr Game

GMC Member

• 177 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

How can I test on android? I'm ready!

PS: I already follow you on twitter!

#27 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

How can I test on android? I'm ready!

PS: I already follow you on twitter!

I'm going to add you to the the testing list. So once we start Android/iOS testing, we'll let you play it on the phone!
(Be sure to let me know what type of phone you have so I can check up the screen resolution. The more screen res sizes we can confirm it works on, the better!)

In other news, a brand new version is out!!!!

Demo V0.17 (Added 19/03/2012) - Abilities Menu, Saving/Loading, Some story scenes and the Title Screen

• Moving Vortexes
  • Character Highlighting in battle
  • Skip Battle Ending
  • Saving/Loading
  • Title Screen nearly done
  • Finished Abilities Menu
  • A scrape of the story!

Enjoy folks!

Edited by King Tetiro, 20 March 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#28 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1081 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sweet! Gotta try this later.

EPIC TWO-DAY-LATER EDIT: Going for the tried-and-true "write stuff down as you play" method this time. (Beware the wall of text hidden within...)
Spoiler

TheUltimate

Edited by TheUltimate, 22 March 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#29 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3060 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Woah!

I tried fighting two Bandits, but they attack me infinitely. When my HP is 0, they still attack. It loops beyond Round 30+.

Pressing Enter will make it stop, giving me back full HP and thus allowing me to attack.

Edit: I don't remember why or how I got in to this situation. Other battles seem to play through fine.

Edited by Mr. RPG, 20 March 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#30 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2451 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Woah!

I tried fighting two Bandits, but they attack me infinitely. When my HP is 0, they still attack. It loops beyond Round 30+.

Pressing Enter will make it stop, giving me back full HP and thus allowing me to attack.

Edit: I don't remember why or how I got in to this situation. Other battles seem to play through fine.

Ah crap. I forgot to add the Game Over didn't I? I'll be adding that in the next version.

What do people think of how the story scenes are being done? Are there any quirks with the scenes?

Things to be added in the next version
  • Game Over at long bloody last (Bet all of you are getting sick of the immortality)
  • More story?
  • Work on the Title Screen (Got to wait for RPGJunki to finish the logo)
  • Music

Wow. This list is getting shorter now. It may actually be time to start working on the story ::lmao::
Can't actually believe I finally started to add story. First time in ages an engine has progressed to starting to have content.

Edited by King Tetiro, 20 March 2012 - 07:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users