GMC Jam #5
1st Anniversary Jam!!!!
THEME : FACADE
Theme Choosen By Robert3DG+
The Games Topic : http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=530276
VIDEO BY theSnidr OF ALL JAM ENTRIES
(thanks to Zeddidragon)
(thanks to ShadowLink)
A year ago, a young upstart called Dadio was raising hell on these forums asking for a new competion... Then along came another young upstart called Theophilus who suggested that we do something "different".... His idea was not about prizes or winning and becoming famous, no, his idea was to have a Community Event that brought people together to do what they do best : Make Games!!!! Now, one year later, Dadio has joined the haloed ranks of Yoyo games employees, Theophilus is now a Veteran of many GMC wars and the The GMCJam is about to have it's 5th incarnation! I am immensly proud of this fact, especially because the community has supported it throught the last year and has converted what started as a small fun mini-competition into a real community EVENT. Thanks to all of you who have participated and have made this so much fun...
Okay, enough of that maudling bullsh*t! WHEN IS THE JAM? It's at 00:01 GMT Saturday 28th January and finishing at 23:59 GMT Monday 30th so get out those calendars and note down that you will have no life other than GM and the GMC until those 72 hours have passed.
The rules are as follows :
WHAT IS IT?
- Starts Saturday 28th January
- 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday 28th ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday 30th
- Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it.
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, but will be valued when voting.
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. (Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme. see above.)
- Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation/polish", and the "Best Devblog".
- It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose. Failure to do so will result in your votes being removed.
- A special "Best Reviewer" prize will be awarded by ME to the person that writes the best review (or reviews) in their voting post.
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. Or NPT will be sarcasm them to death...
- Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the Jam and being blacklisted for all further community events
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish : EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be elligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- A copy of GM:Html5 will go to the winner! See addendum for information on teams.
- Community Prizes will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
- Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube... Whatever
Addendum : If you are in a two man team, each member will get a copy of GM:HTML5. For larger teams (MAXIMUM 4 members), a 50% discount is the prize for each member. If your team is larger than 4 members, then it's up to you to decide who gets what, but no more than four 50% coupons or 2 full versions of GM:HTML5 will be issued. To be eligible for the prizes you MUST declare that your game is a collaboration in this topic or in the Official Games Topic BEFORE the end of the Jam and voting begins, stating exactly who is on your team.
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. To all who donate their time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor I thank you very, very much! If you wish to add a community prize (web hosting, game reviews, advertising etc...) please post in this topic and I will PM you.
- ahmed#elyamani - Offers an animated avatar and banner for the first place winner
- orange08 - Will write a poem for EITHER the Winner of the Jam OR the game he likes best! Or both...
- IceMetalPunk - Banner to the first place winner, a 100x100 avatar for the Best Presentation winner, and, to follow in orange08's footsteps, he shall write a poem for the top 3 winners. It will have four stanzas: one for each of the winners, and one that addresses them all collectively.
- Beatson - Various fantastic prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, including free advertising and hosting at CrySet. Full details here : http://cryset.com/home/p/gmc_jam.php
- BretHudson - indie(Function) will do some MINI-reviews of the winning games, as always.
- TheUltimate - Banners for those that didn't quite make the top three (like positions 3 -8), plus a special "TheUltimate's Choice" banner for the game he liked most.
- @Alex@ - Reviews for both the winner and the winner of the best use of the theme.
- The IndependantGamer - Reviews of the winning entrants as well as a months advertising on the top banner of one of their magazine pages.
Remember everyone, the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible! Everyone that participated in the previous Jam had a great time and some fantastic and interesting games were produced, so lets see if we can make this next one even better! Oh, and to those that participated last time, PLEASE post links and screens in this topic of your games if you have continued to develop them as we are all very interested to know what became of some of them... And to everyone else, please post any questions or ideas here too so that they may be discussed by everyone, or even just post to show your support. The more the merrier!
These people are looking for TEAM MATES: (pm them if you are interested)
These people are going to make RANDOM TEAMS :
Some banners for your signature :