Unzip Archive Extension

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Does anyone know of an extension that can unzip files? I couldn't find one using the search bar.

#2 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

4th link down :thumbsup:
http://bit.ly/wUHUni

#3 Artaex Media

Artaex Media

Artaex Media

• GMC Member
  • 1531 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I couldn't find one using the search bar.

Show some initiative.

#4 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19883 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Show some initiative.

He did... he used the search bar which is a hell of a lot more than most people do. Why don't you show some initiative and think a little about whether your post is actually helping before posting? Oh, and this is the last time I remind you about this... Posted Image

#5 Bcm27

Bcm27

GMC Member

• 333 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Show some initiative.

He did... he used the search bar which is a hell of a lot more than most people do. Why don't you show some initiative and think a little about whether your post is actually helping before posting? Oh, and this is the last time I remind you about this... Posted Image

Owned in the face. :D Anyway the link that Mayhem Games sent was probably your best bet atm. :D

#6 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1880 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

4th link down :thumbsup:
http://bit.ly/wUHUni

I would have expected my extension for zip/unzip somewhere on the first page or two. For some reason, my kbinput3 extension shows up instead(just because the post mentions that it is in a zip file...).

This is my extension's post...

@OP,
*The Good...my extension supports easy zip/unzip, and you can easily choose where you want things to go when you unzip. You can also extract by whole archive, or by specific file names.

*The Bad...my extension does not support any form of encryption. And it internally uses a dll(included in the extension, not separate) so you can only use it with Windows, no HTML5 or anything else.

#7 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I need one that can also unzip folders within the .zip file. Also, the KBZip extension gives me an error, so I can't use it (something to do with a background_add_background function). I am using GM7. So far, I haven't found any that will work for me.

I thought there was a 7-Zip extension, but I can't find it now.

#8 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1880 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

I need one that can also unzip folders within the .zip file. Also, the KBZip extension gives me an error, so I can't use it (something to do with a background_add_background function). I am using GM7. So far, I haven't found any that will work for me.

I thought there was a 7-Zip extension, but I can't find it now.

Yeah, it doesn't have any exporting of folders, so it doesn't work for you. I'm guessing that since some functions arguments changed between 7 and 8, that this may have something to do with the error. The extension includes "automatic" loading of *.spr and *.bck sprites and backgrounds, and those things weren't available in GM7, so I'm guessing that that is the reason why you are getting the errors. Sorry.

Why are you still using GM7? I'm sure you have your reasons, I'm just curious.

#9 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I purchased it before GM8 came out and didn't get the free upgrade option because I ordered it a month before that time period.

#10 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1880 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

That sucks...sometimes you just do something at exactly the wrong time, through no fault of your own. It's happened to me too. And then the price went up to like $39, and not everyone can just throw money around, but I'd say that GM is still much cheaper than other software. I can't complain about the price.

#11 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

True.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users