345 replies to this topic

#271 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7622 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Ditto. And it jumped the shark about 5 pages ago with a certain other post to be honest...

Am I the jumper? Or the shark? Or so vain that I think you mean me? :tongue:

[moderator hat off]
It's just the natural progression of evil. In a world led by sociopaths in charge of a psychopathic system put in place to protect a population that cant seem to grow older in mentally than a 5 year old, nothing good will come out of it and abuse is rampant.

Heh, mod hat off, tin foil hat on :)

Best post +1. (Sorry icuurd, he's right.)

#272 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Heh, I mainly just said that because it was really funny ;) It's not crazy to think many politicians are corrupt, but calling most of them sociopaths is really stretching it.

Edited by greep, 20 April 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#273 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2832 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Heh, mod hat off, tin foil hat on :) But seriously, I think politicians aren't sociopathic (well some are), it's just that we expect them to all be brilliant economists, scientists (computer scientists in the case of SOPA), and philosophers. Most people are not a genius of in any of those categories. So we have lobbying which lets them understand problems but is seriously prone to corruption.

Well, to be honest, that's kinda the public's fault, we keep voting in idiots. Mr. Bush, Blair and Brown are a few good examples, I'm confident in Cameron and Obama though, they're willing to make tougher, unpopular decisions.

On another note, I blame the letter "B"... have you noticed that B seems to be the first letter to a lot of evil? Bush... Blair... Brown... Bankers... British National... Barbie... Babies... Bioware... I think that B is disappointed it got beaten in the alphabet by A and is plotting it's evil revenge, that's my conspiracy theory. Everybody is getting paid off by the letter "B". B with rule the Earth and rename it "Barth". Conspiracy I tell you! Conspiracy! Or... Bonspiracy... :ninja:

Edited by Rusty, 20 April 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#274 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1239 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm confident in Cameron and Obama though, they're willing to make tougher, unpopular decisions.

Cameron is an idiot, I think gordon brown was better, sure he was rude and some things went out of control buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... :whistle:

#275 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2832 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm confident in Cameron and Obama though, they're willing to make tougher, unpopular decisions.

Cameron is an idiot, I think gordon brown was better, sure he was rude and some things went out of control buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... :whistle:

Like his spending, our national debt and the number of unemployed. But sure, Cameron is the idiot.

[/facepalm+sarcasm]

#276 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Heh, mod hat off, tin foil hat on :) But seriously, I think politicians aren't sociopathic (well some are), it's just that we expect them to all be brilliant economists, scientists (computer scientists in the case of SOPA), and philosophers. Most people are not a genius of in any of those categories. So we have lobbying which lets them understand problems but is seriously prone to corruption.

Well, to be honest, that's kinda the public's fault, we keep voting in idiots. Mr. Bush, Blair and Brown are a few good examples, I'm confident in Cameron and Obama though, they're willing to make tougher, unpopular decisions.

In Greece, it is the same exactly. We are ruled by an idiot goverment, which were voted by us (not me because I'm not an adult yet). They told us lies and lead us to economic crisis. And they don't admit that this is their fault. They keep fighting each other.

#277 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16171 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Heh, mod hat off, tin foil hat on :) But seriously, I think politicians aren't sociopathic (well some are),

So you call me silly then you agree... cute :)

[tin foil hat on]
I'm sorry, but if you listen to the doctor's video (from the google search) on sociopaths in high places, it is a problem. there is a higher percentage of sociopaths in high levels of corporations and government than in the general public. it's a process of natural selection because the system favors people of that nature.

Understand that the definition of sociopath defines people that have no empathy; they emulate empathy (badly). I've dealt with a few in my life. The bad ones are obvious, you can definitely tell there is something off especially when they are about to loose their mask. For example George Bush the Second and France's Nicolas Sarcozy are obvious sociopaths.

Most are not obvious. The good ones are charming and popular and you would definitely want to hang around them for a good time (as stated by the experts, I agree). But the moment they smile you can see something there, the emulated smile (to most, an empathic response) has a tangent towards a grin (personal satisfaction) (my personal observation). You definitely don't want to be around them when their little castle falls though (personal experience).
[tin foil hat off]

As far as the general public being stupid 5 year olds, yeah I can agree with that, though. It's amazing how some people are pissed off about the .7 trillion dollar bank bail out and stimulus bills, when a recent audit showed that the federal reserve, which is completely unregulated by the government and yet somehow prints our currency, bailed out rich corporations with 16 trillion dollars, and only one politician running for presidency is even campaigning against the federal reserve. People are incredibly stupid, 5 year old mentality might be a bit gracious.

It's not the people's fault. we have to include ourselves in the mix, even if some of us are (or think are) more aware of what's going on. We all get distracted by the latest drama and forget the rest. We are repeaters of what we think we know, bashers of whoever disagrees, satisfied with what we have, "sociopathic" to the people in need (yep). This is our mess. I only hope we allow ourselves to fix it.

CISPA
There are rumors of another round of protest against this bill I hear. Will the big companies do the same thing they did for sopa!?? I don;t know, this is rather different as it falls under the "Fatherland" Security Act of 1947. People may be more scared of getting kidnapped by the Gestapo if they oppose this one. It's one thing to oppose the entertainment industry, quite another to step up in front of a tank.

#278 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1239 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Like his spending, our national debt and the number of unemployed. But sure, Cameron is the idiot.

[/facepalm+sarcasm]

Cameron made it worse, tell me, do you live in the i.e.? many of our problems could be solved if we get out of Afghanistan

[/facepalm+sarcasm]

Cameron made it worse, tell me, do you live in the i.e.? many of our problems could be solved if we get out of Afghanistan

#279 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

[icu says]
Darn my mad moderating powers!!!
Sorry I nuke your post by edit instead of reply. the buttons are too close together
fixing quotes is all I can do
[icu so sorry]

Content modified from original, it's icuurd12b42's reply

Well like I said earlier, I only said you were silly cause it was one of those jokes that someone completely walks into, if you were offended I apologize.

I hope you got that I'm fine with it from putting the hat on one more time :)

As for the sociopath thing, when you said "In a world led by sociopaths" it sounds like you meant the majority. I just read the article (I think?) you seem to have referred to, which says it's about 9% sociopaths. THAT I can agree with. A far cry from 50+%

Sure did sound like I implied it though, perhaps I did, but more like "In a world led by morons" kind of way, not every leader is a moron, well at least not globally.. But you did go the extra mile as to check the video. Perhaps we feel better to demonize those guys.

As for the protests, last I heard SOPA was killed? Do you mean like another reincarnation of it like PIPA or something?

CISPA is the latest, yes. and rumor is a protest is coming.

#280 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16171 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

So yeah, my reply is in your post... oops.

Perhaps I should put that hat back on, those darn alien transmissions are screwing up my actions.

#281 greep

greep

Menaces with Spikes

• GMC Member
  • 2398 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hah, my post is made of quotes of my nonexistent post. That's pretty funny.

#282 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

[/facepalm+sarcasm]

Do you have any reasons to back that up? Also, Cameron is withdrawing troops from Afghanistan. I don't think you fully understand how withdrawing forces out of an area that is heavily dependent on them for stability works.

#283 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16171 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hah, my post is made of quotes of my nonexistent post. That's pretty funny.

Yeah, sorry, it's not the first time I hit edit instead of reply. but it's the first time I actually ruin a post without a chance to roll back.

:geek:

#284 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

All of your opinions are wrong and mine is correct.
No, really. You should probably all change your opinions to mine. :thumbsup:

[Although, in seriousness, debate in the form that has been going on for a page here really doesn't convince anyone of anything one way or the other]

#285 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7622 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

...debate in the form that has been going on for a page here really doesn't convince anyone of anything one way or the other

True. But it has confirmed my suspicions about you guys. :wink:

#286 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

[Although, in seriousness, debate in the form that has been going on for a page here really doesn't convince anyone of anything one way or the other]

Where have YOU been the last two pages? I don't see any opinions there. So, for my sake what ARE your opinions?

#287 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2832 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Where have YOU been the last two pages? I don't see any opinions there. So, for my sake what ARE your opinions?

MotG? MotG has not opinions, he has but one purpose on this world... to troll every sentient lifeform that dare enter the interwebs. He is a God amongst Atheists, the Teletubbie amongst goths and the only right answer on the GMC.

#288 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

MotG? MotG has not opinions, he has but one purpose on this world... to troll every sentient lifeform that dare enter the interwebs. He is a God amongst Atheists, the Teletubbie amongst goths and the only right answer on the GMC.

Nope, wrong. Try again. :snitch:

#289 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 970 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

I thought this topic was for SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/CISPA (and some goverment) discussion only.

Edited by D4RknEZz, 22 April 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#290 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nope, wrong. Try again. :snitch:

Well than, o knowledgable one, what are your thoughts?

#291 Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Everyone knows if it made it to Obama he'd pass the bill.... but I assume that only because of watching Glen Beck on Fox news.... which the stuff i've heard and seen may or may not be true... its still kind of creepy thinking that pretty much anyone us dum americans could vote into presidential office have the power to take over the internet in our country... creepy indeed. Just think of all the hidden information that could blind us to? and what if they brainwash us all to think that up is down and down is up? what if down really is up and up really is down??

#292 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

..What?

#293 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5804 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

I thought this topic was for SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/CISPA (and some goverment) discussion only.

#294 MasterOfKings

MasterOfKings

The True Master

• GMC Member
  • 4888 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Everyone knows if it made it to Obama he'd pass the bill.... but I assume that only because of watching Glen Beck on Fox news.... which the stuff i've heard and seen may or may not be true... its still kind of creepy thinking that pretty much anyone us dum americans could vote into presidential office have the power to take over the internet in our country... creepy indeed. Just think of all the hidden information that could blind us to? and what if they brainwash us all to think that up is down and down is up? what if down really is up and up really is down??

Right now, I'm scratching my head trying to work out what your point is...

Edited by MasterOfKings, 25 April 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#295 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Right now, I'm scratching my head trying to work out what your point is...

Who says he needs a point? It was just funny. And if you want to be technical than being funny was his point :)

#296 Druid TC

Druid TC

Forever Floyd

• GMC Member
  • 1581 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

I remember the good ol' days when replies weren't permitted in this forum.

#297 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16171 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UyzrCKXtUcM

#298 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Wait, is this in the US? He says he's Canadian.

#299 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16171 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Wait, is this in the US? He says he's Canadian.

That's Dan from Press for truth.ca. He is a Canadian reporter. You can check out his "Into The Fire" documentary about what happened at the Toronto G20 on Youtube.

CISPA is in the US, but due to the nature of the internet, we are all quite concerned. Plus Some companies supporting the bill are Canadian companies. Not to count the fact that our government has started to mirror the US in it's philosophy. Whatever happens in the US is always a great concern to it's neighbors and frienemies.

#300 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Oh. My. Gosh. What's next!?!?!? Perhaps the government will force us to print our full names and ID bar codes onto our underpants for identification.

o_o
0----- -----0
|
|-------------------U.I.C (Underpants ID code) #867794056971234356; John Robert: Status: WANTED. Rules of Engagement:KILL
L L
EDIT: Awww, my personkeeps turning out crappy : (

Edited by The Legend, 27 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users