About what exactly?

#303 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1240 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm not sure who's good and who is bad anymore!

#304 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16301 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm not sure who's good and who is bad anymore!

But you still know though...

That is why we have fundamental laws and rules to protect you from getting coned by bad people. At the end it's about getting informed enough to trust you always deal with people you trust. Our constitution(s) wrote those rules. Laws are about contracts (rules) you make with those people for the deal. You can always change or abandon the contract for juste cause.

Contracts your government(s) have made with you. in trust...

It means whatever the frack is going on you can always choose, without getting forced too, have the rights to live the way you do... as long as it does not break fundamental laws...

revolution start at the violation of the fundamental laws.

Fondamental laws, we all know them, are about living and surviving... existing...thriving.

Existential laws are about the rights to exist, and the rights to define how you want to live in order to exist.

boof. it all goes into a circular self deterministic system of survival...

That is the scary part.

So there is some stuff going on right now that threatens this somewhat. You have to trust you are around good people and that whoever out there is fighting for us is doing it right..

for yourself, personally, you can trust you know what is right for you and your family.

things tend to boil over once in a while. so lets not turn to panic mode. Keep your eyes open and your mind informed. and talk to people.

#305 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7708 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

...have the rights to live the way you do... as long as it does not break fundamental laws.

So there is some stuff going on right now that threatens this somewhat.

Viva el Che! :tongue:

I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you decide to liberate some down-trodden third world country, you can count on me.

#306 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1240 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

...have the rights to live the way you do... as long as it does not break fundamental laws.

I have no idea what you're talking about. But if you decide to liberate some down-trodden third world country, you can count on me.

dito up to the point where you said the stuff about liberating 3rd world countries

#307 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8362 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Me too. I'll comfort the maidens.

#308 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but if NPT and Chance are in on it I'll sheepishly follow.

#309 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 16301 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I sort of rambled on there, my head is all over the place these days;) In short the systems we create in trust with others (though contract) to help us get along tend to be distorted over time. These systems have a life (and intent) of their own and over time risk to no longer respect fundamental laws and impedes on the fundamental rights of actual real people.

I think this guy explains it better...
WARNING may be OFFENSIVE to some (S word and F word used in excess).

Fundamental Right do change, like the right to communicate freely with other. Is that free speech (in the US) or the right to associate (in Canada). Is the internet a fundamental right? It's starting to be. Like the phone, probably was not a fundamental right when it did not exist, but now since the only way to get help is to call 911, then the phone is an existential right.

In our constitutions, the people who wrote them rules knew the system could get corrupt so they put in place some rules to prevent this. Rules actual citizens should be able to depend on to protect themselves as a first line of defense. Furthermore, you can examine the contracts and mandates that were originally put in place and dismiss or abandon the contract, or kick the government out for failure to respect the original intent. It's all there in the contract laws.

#310 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

@icuurd12b42 He is not offensive at all. He is just saying the truth. Truth isn't offensive. Ok he is saying some bad words, but I support him.

Edited by D4RknEZz, 30 April 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#311 MasterOfKings

MasterOfKings

The True Master

• GMC Member
  • 4888 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Under CISPA, privacy is gone.... I'm pretty sure privacy died with the commercialization of the Internet.

#312 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7708 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

@icuurd12b42 He is not offensive at all.

Who said anything about icuurd being offensive? Incoherent at times... but not offensive. :tongue:

Under CISPA, privacy is gone.... I'm pretty sure privacy died with the commercialization of the Internet.

Government cyber-intelligence information sharing, and "commercial" information sharing are both related to privacy. But they're pretty far apart on the spectrum of what I worry about.

Personally, I don't worry if Walmart tracks my online purchases. And even if a company tries to track purchases outside their own site, it's easy to prevent.

But I'd worry about CISPA if it becomes too broad -- like... now, maybe. Most people would support CISPA-type provisions for certain types of transactions with manufacturers -- like if someone in Manhattan buys 2 tons of ammonium-nitrate fertilizer. But if my browsing habits include a middle-east charity affiliated with HAMAS, or a website associated with radical Islam... that shouldn't be a government concern.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by chance, 01 May 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#313 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Who said anything about icuurd being offensive? Incoherent at times... but not offensive. :tongue:

No I didn't mean that. He posted a video in Spoiler tags and said that the man in the video is offensive and I said that he may say bad words but he is right.

#314 MasterOfKings

MasterOfKings

The True Master

• GMC Member
  • 4888 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

No I didn't mean that. He posted a video in Spoiler tags and said that the man in the video is offensive and I said that he may say bad words but he is right.

Error: Sarcasm detector not found.

#315 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3584 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I love how everybody is apparently terrified of piracy. It's actually a very simple solution to stopping widespread piracy. Keep things simple. Keep customers happy. It's a shame really that companies are supporting bills to destroy internet freedom and privacy instead of supporting their own customers.

#316 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7708 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's actually a very simple solution to stopping widespread piracy. Keep things simple. Keep customers happy.

I'd like to see cheaper software and fewer DRM controls... but I doubt that would reduce piracy much.

Oh sure, pirates will claim otherwise. They'll even justify their actions based on "greedy corporations and excessive prices". But they're just shifting the blame for their own unethical behavior. :dry:

Piracy arises (mostly) from immoral behavior, laziness and a selfish sense of entitlement. Generally, pirates will steal whatever they can, from whomever they can, regardless of the price. Heck, piracy was even a problem for GameMaker back when it only cost $25 and Mark was the only developer.

Edited by chance, 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#317 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3584 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

It's actually a very simple solution to stopping widespread piracy. Keep things simple. Keep customers happy.

I'd like to see cheaper software and fewer DRM controls... but I doubt that would reduce piracy much.

Oh sure, pirates will claim otherwise. They'll even justify their actions based on "greedy corporations and excessive prices". But they're just shifting the blame for their own unethical behavior. :dry:

Piracy arises (mostly) from immoral behavior, laziness and a selfish sense of entitlement. Generally, pirates will steal whatever they can, from whomever they can, regardless of the price. Heck, piracy was even a problem for GameMaker back when it only cost $25 and Mark was the only developer.

Yes but it's about the widespread of piracy, you're never going to actually STOP piracy. If you give me the option between two suppliers, one is easy, fast, cheap and safe and the other is harder to find, fast, free and possibly infected, I'll go with option number one everytime.

My main problem with DRM at the moment is with Valve, I'll go to the store, I'll buy a game, I'll install it though Steam and then I'll use pirate cracks to stop Steam loading up everytime I want to play my damn game. If I wasn't into game developing myself, and I didn't know how much work, time and effort goes into making something like that, then honestly, I would have turned to full blown piracy as soon as I discovered Steam was hammering my computer's memory every time I wanted to kill a dragon.

#318 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1240 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

http://forums.yoyoga.../3/topics/77473 apparantly the bill has passed due to a sneaky move by the goverment

#319 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7708 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

http://forums.yoyogames.com/forums/3/topics/77473 apparantly the bill has passed due to a sneaky move by the goverment

You get your news from the YoYo Games forum? :tongue: God that's dumb. Here's what actually happened (over a week ago, btw):

"The government" hasn't passed anything related to CISPA. Only the House of Representative voted for it -- largely because it's dominated by Republicans who support it. (Democrats generally do NOT support CISPA.)

President Obama has said many times that he'll veto CISPA unless it's drastically modified to curtail government power. So now CISPA goes to the Senate for modifications and another vote. In its present form, CISPA could not pass the Senate, and would certainly be vetoed if it did.

So it's way too early to say what will happen here.

Edited by chance, 04 May 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#320 Darkstar2

Darkstar2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

http://forums.yoyoga.../3/topics/77473 apparantly the bill has passed due to a sneaky move by the goverment

You get your news from the YoYo Games forum? :tongue: God that's dumb. Here's what actually happened (over a week ago, btw):

"The government" hasn't passed anything related to CISPA. Only the House of Representative voted for it -- largely because it's dominated by Republicans who support it. (Democrats generally do NOT support CISPA.)

President Obama has said many times that he'll veto CISPA unless it's drastically modified to curtail government power. So now CISPA goes to the Senate for modifications and another vote. In its present form, CISPA could not pass the Senate, and would certainly be vetoed if it did.

So it's way too early to say what will happen here.

This news is quickly followed by a reply:

O_o there will be a day, when we will not be able to open a browser, without get sued by the goverment or something.

Right - why don't they shut down the internet, and require permits and complete investigation for people to use the internet. This is getting out of hand....it might come to that. With the hundreds of millions of internet users I don't think people will let this slide, there will be major protest - don't they have other better priorities in their agenda ? I dunno, the economy ? Jobs ? or are they just too bored.

Anyhow, you can open your browser safely for now if they sue you, you can fight for your rights, what's left of it anyway :D

All this rubbish is only going to hurt good business and good people whilst making much easier for cybercrime. I would even go as far as saying that this will enforce piracy and people will be motivated to find new means to do things "underground".
Is this what we are headed for ?

#321 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1240 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks like the government have given pass to something that will allow the government to spy on us!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-18434112

It's similar to soap in my opinion

Edited by faissialoo, 14 June 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#322 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I don't mind being spied on. I'm just hipster like that.
EDIT: Wait, I'm not English.

Edited by makerofthegames, 14 June 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#323 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Fun fact: SOPA in Greek Language means "Be Quiet". Spooky huh?

#324 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

I don't see what being silent has to do with piracy, but OK. Yeah, terrifying.

#325 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

He means that the government wants to prohibit free speech - amirite?

#326 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Again, not sure what that has to do with piracy, but sure. Free speech is good.

#327 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/CISPA doesn't want us to express our thoughts, so it will be more easy for them to control us. Media are part of the plan too. The only media you can trust is Internet and they want to bring it down now.

#328 Darkstar2

Darkstar2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Looks like the government have given pass to something that will allow the government to spy on us!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-18434112

It's similar to soap in my opinion

It's not quite like soap, not at all.

It would be great to read the article and understand it as it is being blown out of proportion.

People have a misconception that they are safe now on the net and that nothing is monitored. Every ISP keeps
logs of activity - They don't spy or single out a particular person, but they do have logs, they have to, it's always been. This will require a longer time span for the logs that ISPs already had, and about social media, web mail etc, all activity was traceable anyway. When authority needs to trace someone from their e-mail or blog post or social media, they could access that information with the warrant to do so.

So nothing new here, only now it is made public and most people THOUGHT that nothing was logged before when it was all along.

So if you have nothing to hide and not committing a crime online or you are not wanted, then you have nothing to worry about, you should read the article again and see exactly what type of person is targeted. It has nothing to do with silencing people or free speech. I probably now triggered several alarms with key words I used in this post lol !

They can catch more criminals through webmail, social media, etc.... and most people get caught not because of monitoring but because of complaints.

So if you accidently trip the alarm with key words - well no worries, they will come get ya at 6:45 AM whilst you are sleeping or taking a shower (keep your clothes nearby just in case) and you can claim they got the wrong guy ! :D Like I said, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. There are bloody creeps roaming the net and so much scams and crime online, sometimes one has to wonder ...... ;)

#329 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7708 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

So if you have nothing to hide and not committing a crime online or you are not wanted, then you have nothing to worry about...

Throughout history, people have stood by doing nothing, allowing the authorities to grab more power. They thought, "I'm not a criminal. What do I have to fear? "

Then one day, the authorities arrived at their door to take them away.

They objected... but the authorities told them "Don't worry...if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear. Come with us."

#330 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

That's fine, because I don't know any of those guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users