• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 SwampDragon

SwampDragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I love it. I'm in the process of programming my own engine in the vein of the Romancing SaGa / Final Fantasy Legend series and it does wonders for me to study such an efficient exercise in design.

#52 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Glad to hear that! I've put down a lot of work in making the engine well designed; many other engines I've tried have plain ugly code in places and often don't really let you learn anything, you just edit the engine graphics.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#53 Jamie Morrison

Jamie Morrison

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

Was wondering what is the latest version of sister engine and where could I get the code...I have written a complete story for an RPG and have learned gamemaker, and sister emgine looks like a brilliant way to get my idea into a game. Could you help with this question? It would be incredibly appreciated.
Was wondering what is the latest version of sister engine and where could I get the code...I have written a complete story for an RPG and have learned gamemaker, and sister emgine looks like a brilliant way to get my idea into a game. Could you help with this question? It would be incredibly appreciated.

#54 DavidX

DavidX

Scorching Back

• GMC Member
  • 370 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

i would like to see a video in action of this please. i ran this on my laptop but after i got into a fight, picked an enemy to attack, and made my character attack, the game froze after the number of damage i did to the enemy appeared on it's head. i'm guessing it's because of an issue with running games in ubuntu (which is what i'm using game maker on) so it might not be a mistake in your part. however i'm a big earthbound fan and would love to see this in action :)

tohjofalls.com <- info about Pokemon lost silver and cursed black

#55 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

AFAIK, as soon as you try using alpha blending on an Ubuntu machine it will crash. And this game uses it for a bunch of effects. You could try adding in a draw_set_alphablend(false) call somewhere in the source code (e.g. Room Creation Code in the battle room) to disable it.

On public demand, here finally comes a Studio compatible version!

SOURCE:https://app.box.com/...amustmd6d3iqirl

DEMO: https://app.box.com/...kmo77a1gfldn8jz

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Spoiler

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#56 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

This is pretty cool.

I don't usually use engines, but if I were to use one, this would be it!

I love Earthbound, I've been playing it since I was a kid. This makes me want to play through it again.

PS: I have no idea what happened to my first attempt at posting, that was weird...

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 28 May 2014 - 07:50 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#57 bounder

bounder

GMC Member

• 16 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

I see this was, at one point, GM8 compatible.

Sooo... where exactly IS the gm8 version, eh? I NEED this battle engine to see how it works

And really, just because of a studio compatible version doesn't mean you need to REMOVE the gm8 version! I don't give a crap if this is "dead", I need the old link

Edited by bounder, 02 July 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#58 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

It's not "dead", being rude to the creator won't get you .gm81/.gmk files, Studio standard is free so what's the problem?

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#59 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

If you'd asked nicely, I'd given you the old link. Now... you can just forget about it. And as LukanSepllweaver pointed out, Studio Standard is free (and better than GM8, too) so you've got no reason to complain.

Spoiler

#60 RetardOnTheNet

RetardOnTheNet

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

hey, if you're still there. can you tell me how to resize the inventory? cause i'm trying to size the room to look more professional zoomed in and it seems as if It would be a pain to redo the entire inventory itself. and I guess if you cant show me how to do that. then can you show me how to redo the inventory some other way and connect it together? 

Thank you for listening 

#61 Alpha Hedge

Alpha Hedge

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

This is great! Even though it's an engine, I find it strangely addicting to play, I might try out earthbound because of this ^.^

I have one questions on editing it, though. How can I change the text speed?

post-8308-0-15649400-1446571452.png

Signature made by "Kyoshi" from the MLPForums!

#62 sayincraft

sayincraft

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

So I opened this in GameMaker Studio Master collection and got this:

In object obj_battle_control, event Step, action 1 at line 175: Variable name expected.
In object obj_battle_enemy, event User Defined 0, action 1 at line 29: Assignment operator expected.
In object obj_battle_enemy, event User Defined 1, action 1 at line 9: Symbol , or ) expected.

Help please? ;3

And thanks...

-Scott Warren

#63 Haradagani

Haradagani

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hello. 

First, I downloaded the code and the exe file and tried it out--I love it to pieces! You did a fantastic job!

However, I looked at the code and it seems very complicated. Before, in one of the previous comments, you mentioned something about a LUD and how we could add our stuff with that. However, I can't find anything labeled LUD. Would you please be able to give some kind of tutorial on how to add stuff to your engine?

Anyway, I'll see you later.

Thank you for making this. Even if I'm not able to use it yet, this at least shows me that making a Mother-styled RPG can be done.