What is this? It's an RPG engine that tries to mimic Earthbound and its sequel Mother 3 in terms of how battles look. It's also a very easily customizable engine where you can basically spam in new enemies, items, attacks and other stuff in the blink of an eye. It's an engine where you shouldn't really mess around with the code, but rather just add in new stuff and know that the engine will handle it for you.
- Compitable with Studio (tested and compiled with Studio 1.2.1279)
- Entire battle system.
- Other HP display systems than the Earthbound reels.
- Most of pause menu system, including using items.
- Easy system to let characters use different types of HP/MP, to e.g. let humans recover less HP from dog biscuits and robot oil than dogs and robots will.
- Very, very, very easy system to add things like Enemies, Status Problems, Player Characters, Items, Key Items, Skills, Moves and all other stuff you need. You basically just slap some data and a sprite together.
- There is no need at all to mess around with the engine scripts to get stuff to work. In fact, I recommend that you don't even open them but just use the LUT (Look Up Table) scripts to define everything you need.
Still working on:
- Overworld stuff like talking, shops, and other stuff.
- Using healing spells and stuff from the pause menu outside battle
As of 2014-05-28 the "still working on" stuff are deprecated (after nearly a year of hibernation). SisterEngine is now mainly a battle engine.
The engine is not complete, but if you have your own overworld system it will surely come in handy already. At least check it out and remember it. And feel free to give me suggestions for things you want to have in the engine!
Edited by Yal, 28 May 2014 - 07:27 PM.