8 replies to this topic

#1 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

If You Can't See It is an innovative puzzle game in which you can remove obstacles from your path just by changing the color of the background! Is there a blue wall in your way? Simply change the background to blue and walk on by! Of course, it quickly becomes more complicated than that, with an array of different obstacles and objects, including spikes, pushable blocks, and color changing guns. The game features 40 built in levels, but also includes a level editor. You can build your own levels to challenge your friends, or perhaps even the entire world: you can upload your levels to the Game Jolt server, and download levels created by others.

The game includes a wide variety of colors to choose from, and is color blind friendly. You can change the colors used in the Options Menu, available from the Level Select menu.

Download on Game Jolt
Download on YoYo Games

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Bill23, 05 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#2 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9407 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Very cool game, I quite enjoyed it :)

#3 The_Guilty_Gear

The_Guilty_Gear

GMC Member

• 35 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

It doesn't work on my pc. The music starts playing, it shows a black screen followed by a grey screen a few seconds later and then it crashes.

#4 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

Very cool game, I quite enjoyed it :)

Thank you very much!

It doesn't work on my pc. The music starts playing, it shows a black screen followed by a grey screen a few seconds later and then it crashes.

That's strange. It was made in GM 8.1, what operating system are you running? It's in a zip file, did you unzip it before playing it?

#5 The_Guilty_Gear

The_Guilty_Gear

GMC Member

• 35 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hmmm I tried to play it again today and now it does work. So never mind :)

I like it, nice game concept and playing it was fun. The puzzles were also quite challenging at times.
My only criticism is that the sprite designs are a bit too simple. I'd like to see more detail in the character and the environment.

But nice game nonetheless :)

Edited by The_Guilty_Gear, 22 January 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#6 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Glad it worked, and thanks for your comments. I definitely understand your point about the graphics, although I feel like adding too much detail would hurt the main concept of the game. Certainly I could have done more, though, and it's something I'll keep in mind for the future.

Version 1.3 is out, and includes a level editor. If you make any levels, please upload them, I'd love to try them out! You can find the levels saved in the folder called "IYCSILevels", and all downloaded levels must be placed there. The game also now comes with one pre-created custom level, as an example.

Edited by Bill23, 22 January 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#7 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

A couple of updates have gone by, and 1.55 is now out. Biggest addition is achievements, through Game Jolt.

Edited by Bill23, 06 July 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#8 PrinceOthman

PrinceOthman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Great game! Smart concept. I really liked it. But the menus hurt my eyes, cause the colors kept changing. And I also go this error message upon exiting:
'___________________________________________

ERROR in

action number 1

of Other Event: Game End

for object obt_global:

Error in code at line 3:

s=gj_session_close(GJ_GAME_ID,gj_name,gj_token,"*REMOVED*BY*AUOTHERS*REQUEST*");

^

at position 32: Unknown variable gj_name

___________________________________________'

Edited by PrinceOthman, 04 August 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#9 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the report Prince Othman. I just released Version 1.61, which not only fixed the above error, but also features:
-8 new levels

-2 new gameplay elements

-3 new trophies

-Updates to the level editor. It is now possible to create any level in the actual game, excusing the explanatory text.

-Cloud Saving (with a Game Jolt Account)

-Online level sharing (with a Game Jolt Account)

-Even more smaller changes and additions!

I'd encourage you to check it out. All comments and suggestions will, of course, be taken into consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users