Photo

Difference between trial and real version?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cognac

Cognac

GMC Member

• 15 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

Is there a difference between the trial version for GM4MAC and the complete one (and by difference I mean for the better)? I'm about to go crazy with the trial version, the sprite editor is horrible! Everytime there's something new... You can't delete stuff, the scaling of the image won't register, press undo and lines suddenly expand and distort, the white rectangles get stuck in the create/add a strip option. It's really too bad because I'm enjoying Game Maker, but this stuff is so annoying! =/ Anyone know of any possible alternatives? I tried downloading the lite version of 8.1 for windows and running it via wineskin but for some reason it won't work. Ideally, I would buy Game Maker 8 and run it on mac...

#2 TheSnidr

TheSnidr

That guy

• Global Moderators
  • 2939 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm not familiar with the problems you're experiencing, and I don't think they deliberately made the tools annoying in the trial version. This almost sounds like some kind of incompatibility.

The difference between lite and standard are listed here:
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/mac

#3 RacingFan14

RacingFan14

RF14

• 62 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi cognac,
I've had that problem before as well. The tools get messed up. It's so friggin weird and annoying. However, it reverted back to normal when I did something...something...I just don't remember...

Regards,
RacingFan14

#4 Cognac

Cognac

GMC Member

• 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm not familiar with the problems you're experiencing, and I don't think they deliberately made the tools annoying in the trial version. This almost sounds like some kind of incompatibility.

The difference between lite and standard are listed here:
http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/mac

You're right, I don't think it's on purpose. But my questions was more along the lines of if the finished product had less glitches (or none) compared to the trial one. I'm aware of the feature differences between both though. Still, thanks!

Hi cognac,
I've had that problem before as well. The tools get messed up. It's so friggin weird and annoying. However, it reverted back to normal when I did something...something...I just don't remember...

Regards,
RacingFan14

Haha, well at least I know there's a way around it now, thanks!

#5 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9397 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm wondering when the lite version was last updated. My full version is V7.5.86, what version is the lite version?

There were *loads* of bugs when GM for Mac first came out, now there are less. If you're new to GameMaker, I would suggest using the Windows version if you can, it's of a much higher quality. You can run Windows on your Mac if you've got a Windows disc lying around.

#6 JamEngulfer221

JamEngulfer221

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

I tried downloading the lite version of 8.1 for windows and running it via wineskin but for some reason it won't work.

I tried the same thing. I did a bit of research (googled "why doesn't gamemaker 8 work with wineskin") and found out that for some reason, they are incompatible.

#7 operator error

operator error

GMC Member

• 15 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I tried downloading the lite version of 8.1 for windows and running it via wineskin but for some reason it won't work.

I tried the same thing. I did a bit of research (googled "why doesn't gamemaker 8 work with wineskin") and found out that for some reason, they are incompatible.

yeah, bootcamp or parallels would work.as for the sprite editor and lite gm4mac problems,well thats yoyo's fault.the full version is what i use,and I've only had to deal with small problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users