3 replies to this topic

#1 howzer

howzer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 67 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Sooo, just to be sure... I CANNOT use my old game maker license with GameMaker 8.1, I must purchase a new license, correct?
Since this is the case, what is the most up to date version of game maker I CAN use my old license with and where can I find it for download?

#2 OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Sooo, just to be sure... I CANNOT use my old game maker license with GameMaker 8.1, I must purchase a new license, correct?
Since this is the case, what is the most up to date version of game maker I CAN use my old license with and where can I find it for download?

How old is your license ? Was it for GM4, 5, 6, 7, etc ??? IT will depend upon what version you originally purchased as to what your upgrade options are.

#3 howzer

howzer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 67 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

How old is your license ? Was it for GM4, 5, 6, 7, etc ??? IT will depend upon what version you originally purchased as to what your upgrade options are.

Don't really remember, I originally purchased in Jan of 2008... My product code is an old softwrap code.

#4 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8298 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

Don't really remember, I originally purchased in Jan of 2008... My product code is an old softwrap code.

If you purchased it January 2008 then it's version 7, and can't be used to upgrade to current versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users