15 replies to this topic

#1 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

The site is called Resource-Genie! I know its probably not the coolest name, but it will do! I was inspired to create this when I saw how many sounds, sprites, and textures I had stored on my hard drive! I figured I would start sharing with the world, and I will be doing it one step at a time, starting with sound effects!

Right now, it features:

- Sort of nice themed website
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth for files
- Weaponry and gun sound effects

You can find the site here - www.resource-genie.weebly.com

Please leave feedback if you like the sounds, and if I should get a community/suggestion box, and maybe a forum. Either way I will be adding sprites and textures in the future, and if this gets enough attention, game maker examples and real games! So, while the site is in its beginning stages, ENJOY!

#2 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

burp... i mean bump :) any suggestions? feedback? donations?

#3 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

bump, lump, dump, hump...

#4 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

camel bump :)

#5 sreggy

sreggy

GMC Member

• 22 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

This is great! I've been looking for a bunch of these gun sounds for a zombie game and I finally have some. I know it's not much, but I'll give you credit in my game. :thumbsup:

#6 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

This is great! I've been looking for a bunch of these gun sounds for a zombie game and I finally have some. I know it's not much, but I'll give you credit in my game. :thumbsup:

Actually that's awesome! I'm glad you found what you were looking for! I will definitely add more sounds to this site in the future so keep checking back!

#7 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

I will add more sounds very soon! Be prepared!

#8 Lilybugged

Lilybugged

The Derpy One

• GMC Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

Needs more sword/knife sounds. There was one, and I'm using it for now, but it's not really what I need.

Mine Turtle!

#9 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:17 AM

All new Explosion, Alien, and Punching sounds will be added in the next 24 hours!

#10 rerofalcon

rerofalcon

GMC Member

• 23 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ooh, you use weebly. I love weebly!

#11 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Just added an 'Explosions' page, about to add way more sounds! Come check out the weapon sounds now!

#12 JWRAC

JWRAC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Since when was it legal to distribute Call of Duty sound effects?

#13 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

None of these are from any of the Call of Duty games, in fact, I wouldn't dare rip a sound from them because that would be promoting one of the worst game companies in the history of ever. IW (InfinityWard) starves the Indie genre and sucks people into giving them their cash for the same engine released under a different name with new maps and story. Also, if I were to rip a sound from their game, I would be blatantly copying and distributing a copyrighted material, which is in fact illegal, and you tried to convey to me. Well, that is why I used the sounds from the Valve's open source first person shooter, Counter-Strike. It's OPEN SOURCE! Thanks for worrying about me, but I am sure I can find my own legal sources without help from someone who believes Call of Duty is the only FPS out there with sound effects... :dry:

#14 JWRAC

JWRAC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

Your Desert Eagle Sound Effect, using an adfly link to earn money.
Versus, Call of Duty 4 Sound Effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw3NpmJdRzM

On another note:
The link for that survey site in your signature look like a referral.
And your signature is over 150px in height; Signature and Avatar Rules
Spoiler

Edited by JWRAC, 03 March 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#15 kibblesbob

kibblesbob

"Xarrot Studios"

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Of course it's going to sound the same, its the SAME GUN! Yes, I am earning money through AdF.ly, but I am not making any user pay for anything other than their time for a little extra profit for me for finding and uploading these sounds to my website. It is not hurting anyone.

Oh, and there is no rule that your signature cannot be more than 150 pixels tall, only a single image
Sorry, I didn't read the post from 2009 in 2010 when I joined... I only read this:

Signature Restrictions

Your signature may contain:
Up to 5 (read posted Signature Rules about total signature size) images
Images up to 650 x 150 pixels
Up to 15 URLs
Up to 20 lines

But if you want to harass me, you're going to have to do better than this ;) Making me change my signature is not going to make me take down my site or the sounds and links hosted on it.

Edit: Just for you - My signature

Edited by kibblesbob, 03 March 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#16 JWRAC

JWRAC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Of course it's going to sound the same, its the SAME GUN! Yes, I am earning money through AdF.ly, but I am not making any user pay for anything other than their time for a little extra profit for me for finding and uploading these sounds to my website. It is not hurting anyone.

Actually it is the same sound file, all of the noise, the blast, the gun echo in the background and length are the same.
So, by finding something someone else has made, and uploading it to your site, you are not hurting anyone, including the person who originally sourced the sound effects, and the commercial developers. Probably might hurt yourself more than anyone else.

Oh, and there is no rule that your signature cannot be more than 150 pixels tall, only a single image
Sorry, I didn't read the post from 2009 in 2010 when I joined... I only read this:
Signature Restrictions
Your signature may contain:
Up to 5 (read posted Signature Rules about total signature size) images
Images up to 650 x 150 pixels
Up to 15 URLs
Up to 20 lines

It was just a reminder, and it stuck out a bit.

But if you want to harass me, you're going to have to do better than this ;) Making me change my signature is not going to make me take down my site or the sounds and links hosted on it.

I'm not trying to specifically harass you. And I don't think *I* be making you take anything down.
Consider it me pointing out obvious distribution of someone else's stuff, that you put on your revenue generating site.
Not only that, but persuading people to use these, also means you could be held liable for any issues that occur from them using the material.
Don't worry I'm sure they'll credit all of your hard work.