• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

How do you make it so you need to pay for a certain account to play a game. eg: Minecraft.net account, you pay for it then you can login.

MODERATOR EDIT : This is NOT a Legacy issue, as the Legacy forum is for Technical problems relating to older versions of GM. I'll move this to the correct forum (Novice Q&A), but in future please read the forum descriptions carefully before posting.

Edited by Nocturne, 07 January 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#2 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

How do you make it so you need to pay for a certain account to play a game. eg: Minecraft.net account, you pay for it then you can login.

Easy: Don't include a register button on your game and put a buy acc thing on your website and when you Login create the account for them :P or make a list of username that people want to use and if it doesn't exist in that list don't create it :P

Edited by BlueDebel, 07 January 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#3 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

Easy: Don't include a register button on your game and put a buy acc thing on your website and when you Login create the account for them :P or make a list of username that people want to use and if it doesn't exist in that list don't create it :P

So every time someone registers you'll need to update your game

#4 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

So every time someone registers you'll need to update your game

Lol when you say: Minecraft i asume your game is online so make the server handle that or if you don't have a server i can tell you other way to make it with out using a server

#5 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

Thx I'll try but how do I make it recodnise the ussername and password without reading them from a file :P

#6 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Thx I'll try but how do I make it recodnise the ussername and password without reading them from a file :P

First does your game use a server or not?

#7 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

I wish but, No

#8 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

I wish but, No

mmmm, then get an extension or a dll, that can download a file from the internet, then make the game read it and then delete it from local pc so people can't include there usernames or you can use this program named GMechanism to make all of this easier, if you use GMechanism tell me and ill help you set up a system for this

#9 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

I wish but, No

mmmm, then get an extension or a dll, that can download a file from the internet, then make the game read it and then delete it from local pc so people can't include there usernames or you can use this program named GMechanism to make all of this easier, if you use GMechanism tell me and ill help you set up a system for this

Thx I'll try GMechanism and I'll try to include files so they delete after you close the game. I know how to make my game update.

#10 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

I wish but, No

Thx I'll try GMechanism and I'll try to include files so they delete after you close the game. I know how to make my game update.

Ok, if you need help ask me :)

#11 Davidobot

Davidobot

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:58 AM

I wish but, No

GMech is not for me but including files seems to work. :)

#12 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2792 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

I wish but, No

GMech is not for me but including files seems to work. :)

Well that way you need to update the game each time someone register's and people could just add there names to the text file :P, believe me GMech is great I started using it like 3 months ago and its great, and the GMech Staff Help's you a lot =D

#13 RoyalCardMan

RoyalCardMan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

There is a way to do this by using your PayPal account.

First, you need a PayPal account. Now, when you get the, I think, widget for buying stuff with PayPal, you would also have the person enter their e-mail and other information. When the person buys the game, the e-mail would be sent with a code that will be used when you enter it into the game, which then the server will receive that code and see if it is correct, and if it is, then in the text file containing the information for the account there would be a value named 'registered' and that would then equal true, which then the server would allow you to do the things that only payed users would be able to do.

That is the way I would do it. If you want it so people don't steal that code, make it so that there is a text file that contains all the codes that are generated, which would be generated using a certain algorithm(such as the first letter would have to be a letter A-G, second letter H-P,ect.). From there, once a person buys a code, a random code is sent to that person, and when they enter it in, that code would then be deleted from the list and could not be used again, unless an administrator put that code back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users