Okay just downloaded your game and I'm basically going to pick out every little thing i think could be better so that this game improves because it has alot of potential. I will write my opinions down in the order i came across them:
1. It would make more sense to type in the players name and cafe name instead of selecting each individual character.
2. Really like the game music.
3. after my first day I made 30.40, after subtracting my total expenses of 27.10 your total funds are 30.40. as you can see my expenses have not been subtracted also these numbers don't have any units which would clean things up.
4. after day 1 customers started stacking on each other giving me multiple commands at once and some pretty unhappy customers
5. took me a while to find the shop even though you mentioned it, maybe it should be clickable at the top of the screen and there should be a reminder between rounds. furthermore I couldn't find out how to unlock items in the shop.
6. some nice little achievements in the game and add the small amount of replay value there is.
7. When changing the sound volume in options it moves too slowly if i wanted to mute sound it would take ages.
Final notes: This genre of game has a huge audience, I think the flash games do really well with girls so I definitely recommend sticking with this and improving it because there is too many shoot em' ups on GM as there is. Try adding more replay value! you already have the shop but maybe you should add things to it such as shop location from a service station to downtown Manhattan, this could change the basic shop layout and also cause a change in revenue or number of customers. The restaurant needs a theme too at the moment it is obviously fast food but it sells everything, maybe it should work like subway, they tell u what bread they want they choose Up, when the player presses Up both sprites move down closer to the till they then choose a meat say turkey is Left the to salad and the customer chooses say Tomato is Down the last part of the sauce which could be another direction, once the sprite reach the till the final thing the player has to do is enter an amount that appears say 5.60 for the meal instead of another direction. When the player finds time between customers they must left click on dirty tables to clean up tables to improve shop aura, the higher the shop aura the more money generated in say a daily bonus. This leaves much more room for shop bought things i believe there should be very few foods to unlock if any, the shop upgrades need to be ornaments to increase shop aura, the gumball machine or say jukebox to increase revenue over time as that was a really good idea! You could also add staff to clear tables for you and the toilets so the player no longer has to left click as often if at all, the player could buy temporary upgrades like the coupon which reduces the price of say 5.60 to just 5 making it easier for the player to do the final step of the customer order.
Hope I haven't been too harsh but the game has lots of potential and hopefully ive given you more ideas to make a more clean and professional game in ways other than improving graphics.
Keep me informed aswell.
Edited by PrawnHub, 06 January 2012 - 03:33 AM.