• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jordo834

jordo834

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi, Nice People of the Yoyogames forum.

I have been developing a game recently on my windows computer and decided to use LGM to convert it to a GM6 and ran it in GM4Mac which as you all know is GM7 and it loaded perfectly. Apart from a few transparency issues the game ran perfectly in Debug and, when i compiled it, it ran just as well. But as soon as i sent it to another mac, my girlfriend's Macbook Pro it hit some problems. The icon just bounced on the dock and it failed to open. She is running OSX 10.7 as am i. I then tried on my Mum's old Macbook running OSX 10.5 Leopard, this failed to run it as well, suffering the same symptoms. So to check if it was a problem with all games, i compiled a blank room and tried this on my Mum's Macbook and it ran without an issue.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a solution to it? I have checked these forums for a similar post but found nothing, i am sorry if there is one that i haven't found and i would be grateful if someone could link me to that post and shut this one down.

Thank you very much,
Jordo :D

#2 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9419 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:18 AM

I've been using GM for Mac on Lion and the games run fine. I have had issues when sandboxing them for the Mac App Store (issues I still haven't resolved), but non-sandboxed versions run fine.

If the blank room was compiled on your computer (the same as the game) and it ran fine on your Mum's, then it's probably something in your game that's not working. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Dealing with files, surfaces, blend modes, 3D, etc?

Have you also tried re-compiling your game and trying it on the other computer's again? Maybe it was a one-off issue with compiling that caused the problem.

#3 jordo834

jordo834

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

I've been using GM for Mac on Lion and the games run fine. I have had issues when sandboxing them for the Mac App Store (issues I still haven't resolved), but non-sandboxed versions run fine.

If the blank room was compiled on your computer (the same as the game) and it ran fine on your Mum's, then it's probably something in your game that's not working. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary? Dealing with files, surfaces, blend modes, 3D, etc?

Have you also tried re-compiling your game and trying it on the other computer's again? Maybe it was a one-off issue with compiling that caused the problem.

Come to think of it there's been some weird error that i've been getting but that only appears after you've ben playing a while, i also load and execute files for the map system but that doesn't happen until after load-up, i think i've tried re-compiling but i'm not sure so i'll give it a go and hopefully it is as simple as that, thanks very much :)

#4 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9419 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

If recompiling doesn't help, you may want to try commenting out all of your file handling code, and testing again. That way if it then works, you'll know it's the file handling that is causing the problem.

#5 lopezpaul

lopezpaul

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

hey friends i am to facing the same problem but tried in many ways but of no use......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users