• Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

So, n00b, you wanna be a 1337 h4x0r?

PLAY HERE

OR HERE

Now Play On KONGREGATE!

Posted Image

Prove to the world how good you are by hacking the 100 most powerful mainframes around the globe...

Only then can you be considered for the title of 1337 H4x0r!

Posted Image

H4x0r is an intriguing puzzle game where you must conquer an increasingly difficult set of computer mainframes. The gameplay is simple to grasp, but difficult to master!

To become one of the eliteyou must prove yourselfby hacking as many mainframesas possible around the world. To do this you must enter a mainframe and hack all the memory clusters before the host firewall can block you out of the system. Each system has a time limit which is the time it takes the firewall to close the link.

You can only hack one cluster at a time as you move through the mainframe memory space, and each one must be adjacent to the previous one, unless it is a damaged cluster or a special case. If you run out of time, you can resign and ask an elite to show you how to do it, or you can continue in a local, simulated mainframe until you have completed the task for less props$ (which is still better than none!).

Once you have played all 100 (!) levels, you may submit your prop$ to the web and see just how good you really are, comparing your score against the rest of the players around the world.

Posted Image

The Game Features :

100 Levels

5 Difficulty Levels

Top 100 Online High Scores

Hi Resolution Graphics

Music By Incompetech

Special Thanks go to Dangerous Dave and HTML5 Haven for the Hiscore system and to Handy Games for the original idea that this game is based off.

#2 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Maan, your games have insane polish. Just trying it now (quickly) got this bug:

I try 'aukland'(?) level, then hit back (without beating it)

Try an easy level(honiara) beat it, go back, try aukland level, and get this:
Spoiler

Cant' figure out how move? I think this is a bug, right?

Edited by Desert Dog, 24 December 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#3 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8238 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

By far, the most polished and high quality game released for GM:HTML5 to date.

#4 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

I was playing this again last night - it's really quite addictive. As I said on Twitter, great game Mark - really impressive.

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thank you all for the kind comments! And DD I'll check that bug out right now! I play tested this extensively so I have no idea how that happened...

EDIT: DD, you are quite correct. The "go back" function seems to be broken and I have no idea why... It worked fine in all my tests and I see no reason why it shouldn't be working fine now. Posted Image I'll keep working on it...

#6 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Incase you didn't notice the (?) is aukland an intentional misspelling? A joke I don't know about? :P

#7 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Incase you didn't notice the (?) is aukland an intentional misspelling? A joke I don't know about? :P

Erm... yes!? No!?! Erm... b*llocks... No it's not intentional but lets pretend it is and that it has some deep and meaningful reason behind it that is so profound there is not enough space in one post for me to explain it. Posted Image

Oh, and the error should have been fixed now, but this means that (unfortunately) it is recommended that you start a new game... The upside is that you can now leave any level you start and come back to it later just as I originally intended.

#8 dadio

dadio

I miss my cupcake

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1985 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

Yum. Very tasty. Feels nice & "complete" too.
Will give more feedback after I've given it a decent play through...
nice work tho! :)

#9 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1244 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

This game is not only professional, polished and stuff, but it has an original gameplay (never played a game like that). Good work ! :thumbsup:

#10 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

This game is not only professional, polished and stuff, but it has an original gameplay (never played a game like that). Good work ! :thumbsup:

Cheers guys! Thanks for the positive feedback... I hope I see your names on the leaderboard!!

#11 salaH

salaH

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

i agree with the others on this one. great game, imo the best htlm5 i have played so far

#12 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1244 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hey, is it normal that the game ask me to enter my name even if I haven't hacked/failed every level? After entering my name, I did another level, I failed, then it asked me to enter my name again, but I let Anon as the name so you have 2 times the same score now... :ohmy:

#13 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey, is it normal that the game ask me to enter my name even if I haven't hacked/failed every level? After entering my name, I did another level, I failed, then it asked me to enter my name again, but I let Anon as the name so you have 2 times the same score now... :ohmy:

No... That's not normal! Can you post a screenshot of the world map so i can see which ones you have done/not done and what's left? Thanks!

#14 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1244 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Posted image related to the bug:
Spoiler

Edited by newkill, 12 January 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#15 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

That's... most odd! Thanks for the info and I'll see about fixing that ASAP. You should only be allowed to input your name ONCE only and certainly not when half the levels are still to be played.

#16 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1244 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Yeah that's weird, I hope you find a solution ;)
There's 1 or 2 other person that have a score close to mine, maybe the same thing happened to them?

#17 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3140 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Good game, except why are the levels that I have hacked been put as status "failed"?! Every level I complete shows a little purple circle and says that it was failed (on the world map screen), is this right?

#18 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

B*llocks! Somehow in the last update one of the alarms got changed to point always at the fail setting... Fixed now and uploading, but give it a couple of days to get changed on the servers and I'm afraid it means that you'll have to start a new game... Posted Image

Sorry guys.

#19 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Everything has been fixed and it should all be in working order...

Now, I'd also like to say a massive "THANK YOU" to David H. of the Czech Republic for his donation after playing my game... much apreciated!!!!

#20 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21726 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

H4x0r can now be played on Kongregate too! Posted Image

http://www.kongregat...urneGames/h4x0r

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users