sonic generations fangame

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

ok i've laready got the engines (new revival and sru)but i need some MAJOR help. contributions or tips for level design spriting, or other resources are greatly apreciated
anyways my fangame will be diferent from most: i will use diferent level choices. here are some levels i've thought of so far: classic: greenhill zone (pretty much manditory) stardust speedway, mystic cave zone, ice cap,lava reef, radical city. dreamcast: sky deck, that's all for now. edit 1:I've thought of some missions (there will be 5-10 each sonic each stage) classic green hill: mission 1: animal rescue (unlocks: an art work (keep in mind that you amy veiw the art work on google whenever but what happens if you lose internet?)) 1. mission 2: bad future challenge (unlocks green hill bad future mix (if i have permision to use it)). modern: greenhill: mission 1: no boost (unlocks: TBA) mission 2: modern sonic vs modern tails (race)(unlocks modern tails trophy).
ok now some bosses (lots of bosses in this fan game) rivals: sonic 1: classic/modern sonic (in my fan game they meet really early) sonic 2: can't think of one any sugestions will be great. sonic 3: knuckles battle pahse 1 (it's a chase in angel island where knuckles leaves tons of traps after ambushing you, it's endless until you ebat him at his own game HINT HINT) sonic and knuckles: knuckles battle phase 2, now you can fight him he can throw bolders drop bombs dig and glide and spin dash, hopefully he'll have better AI than his original fight.

Edited by girachu852, 29 December 2011 - 04:29 AM.

#2 Niznacks

Niznacks

GMC Member

• 88 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Sorry about posting this on here but umm, ive always wondered why do people use engines? Ive never been into getting dll's or engines or things like that. I tend to make my games from scratch and all gml. I hardly even use scripts lol. Anyways good luck man, just get the background tile sets and things and you should be fine in making the rooms and getting the "views" down to follow your object.

#3 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1140 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

it is sonic genarations, use music from sonic games DO NOT make your own music or it will ruin the back to basics feeling. I recommend:

• FREE
  • WITH ME
  • KNIGHT OF THE WIND
  • THEY CALL ME SONIC

#4 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Sorry about posting this on here but umm, ive always wondered why do people use engines? Ive never been into getting dll's or engines or things like that. I tend to make my games from scratch and all gml. I hardly even use scripts lol. Anyways good luck man, just get the background tile sets and things and you should be fine in making the rooms and getting the "views" down to follow your object.

well umm thanks i think, but umm i know how to use veiws and all i'm just suffering at AI and level design, i mean i cna make a basic enemy that attacks but for more complicated enemies that have animation and multiple attacks i can't do. :(

#5 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

it is sonic genarations, use music from sonic games DO NOT make your own music or it will ruin the back to basics feeling. I recommend:

• FREE
  • WITH ME
  • KNIGHT OF THE WIND
  • THEY CALL ME SONIC

well i'm not gonna use my own music, no mine sucks i'm gonna find some remixes that i have permission to use and some remixers that are willing to contribute

Edited by girachu852, 23 December 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#6 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

well what i'm aiming for is level desingers

#7 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

oops double post

Edited by girachu852, 23 December 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#8 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

BUMP

#9 ND4SPD

ND4SPD

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2180 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

Can you please punctuate your first post? It's almost completely illegible.

Also, what is it exactly that you need help with? :S

#10 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Can you please punctuate your first post? It's almost completely illegible.

Also, what is it exactly that you need help with? :S

alot level design, boss programing, music, sprites....

#11 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1140 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Look, I have been thinking of a amazing idea of a new form of sonic, fire sonic, this is the ultimate form of sonic, when he turns into this form there is nothing but rage in his mind and will destroy anything in his path. I think you could try putting it in your game, I will see what I can do about the sprites

#12 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 7277 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

...Lots of bosses...

...mentions 3 bosses...

Sheesh. You should look up a Game Maker-made sonic fangame called Eggman Hates Furries. It has some hidden sexual agenda (especially the ending bunch of cutscenes), but it nonetheless features pretty stunning physics and boss battles compared to the typical Sonic fangame.

There are also a bunch of engines you might want to try out. I've made a pretty decent 3D engine called something like 3D Sonic Fangame Engine, google that, and also search for FanGameRevolver's sonic engine. It's GM5 and thusly needs to be manually edited a lot since the entire view system changed since then, but it has the 2D slope physics you're looking for.

#13 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1140 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hello again, I edited the old sprites and improved them and made them semi-3D hope you like them:Posted Image

Edited by faissialoo, 19 January 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#14 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

...Lots of bosses...

...mentions 3 bosses...

Sheesh. You should look up a Game Maker-made sonic fangame called Eggman Hates Furries. It has some hidden sexual agenda (especially the ending bunch of cutscenes), but it nonetheless features pretty stunning physics and boss battles compared to the typical Sonic fangame.

There are also a bunch of engines you might want to try out. I've made a pretty decent 3D engine called something like 3D Sonic Fangame Engine, google that, and also search for FanGameRevolver's sonic engine. It's GM5 and thusly needs to be manually edited a lot since the entire view system changed since then, but it has the 2D slope physics you're looking for.

even though i mentioned 3 bosses, there will be many more this is only an idea

#15 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 7277 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

And how about all the other things you quoted? Any feedback on them?

#16 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

And how about all the other things you quoted? Any feedback on them?

got out of my sonic phase
moved to my pokemon :/

#17 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 7277 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

SHEESH! You might as well move on to good games instead of taking a full tour de noob.

Oh, I'm currently working on a Lite-compatible Sonic Fangame Maker for people like you BTW:
Posted Image

Source Link: http://www.box.com/s...auz6emymxc6eduk

#18 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7097 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

...instead of taking a full tour de noob.

+1 for a well-turned phrase. :tongue:

#19 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:30 AM

SHEESH! You might as well move on to good games instead of taking a full tour de noob.

Oh, I'm currently working on a Lite-compatible Sonic Fangame Maker for people like you BTW:
Posted Image

ur nice calling me a noob

#20 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 7277 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

ur nice calling me a noob

I can call you lots of more nastier stuff if you want to. :P But then Nocturne'd get angry on me again...

Anyway, sharing this awesome Pythagoras-based collision engine is pretty nice, right?

#21 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

DELETE

Edited by girachu852, 25 February 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#22 girachu852

girachu852

GMC Member

• 75 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Posted Image

seen better engines

and i have 8.0 pro

#23 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 7277 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

seen better engines

My engine can produce infinite levels in a short time. I bet your engines can't do that.

And Sonic fangame engines that require Pro sucks, because their developers (a) miss out on most of their target audience and (b) aren't even trying to work around small shortcomings.

#24 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1140 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

i am working on lots of sonic sprites so keep watching this thread: gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=531513&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users