2 replies to this topic

#1 MDGames

MDGames

GMC Member

• 13 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

PLAY NOW! http://sandbox.yoyog...iczombieshooter
After 4 days of development, the latest step up in my learning of game maker comes in the form of a simple fixed rail shooter against and all too common enemy.

Over 3 levels battle hordes of zombies in 3 varieties (wow) until your luck runs out and you become one of them! despite what it looks like in the screenshots the zombies do not "fall" in straight lines, they track the player I just couldn't figure out how to rotate the sprites in the direction of the player.

Everything has been done by me, except for the sound which were collected from various free to use sources.

some screenshots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember to RATE + REVIEW!

Edited by ValleyGames, 20 December 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#2 ND4SPD

ND4SPD

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2180 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

The graphics were excellent, but it got boring quickly. You need to mix up the gameplay a bit, and you need to make the gameplay a bit more complex.

Some ideas:
-Needs a difficulty curve. It starts easy...and then remains easy. I got bored.
-Once there is a challenge, perhaps online high scores?
-Pickups/powers for getting kills, like health, new weapons, other survivors to help, etc
-More complex weapon play - with more weapons, reloading, aiming, that sort of thing!
-Cover, barricades, etc?
-More types of zombies, like one that throws projectiles, or a massive one that runs through destroying cover

Also, a bug; if you hold space, the muzzle flash continues indefinitely.

Good luck with your game! :D

#3 Flygonair

Flygonair

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm downloading it right now, it looks great! I absolutely love the sprites and how clean the graphics and interface are!

If you just began with game maker, can you show me where you learned it? I've been fooling around with Game Maker for years but i can't make this, and that's because i never read a good solid tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users