#1 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:46 AM

Hello there, GMC!

I, Super Guy, and Bunnypopop proudly present:

INDIEGRAPH , launched on December the 14th, 2011. We've got everything from reviews to competition updates to promising W.I.P.s to developer interviews, much of it from the Sandbox itself. Indiegraph's goal is to provide coverage for all those indie creations that deserve the attention! And so far, we've brought you everything from reviews of turn-based strategy indies like Age of Fear to interviews with the creators of Genetic Garden 2 and Koya Rift.

Visit us! Your support means a lot. HTTP://INDIEGRAPH.TK Come over and see what we've got.
Follow our site or bookmark it to get the latest updates delivered straight to your inbox: no spam!
We're now in Twitter: follow @Indiegraph to keep on top!

Any comments, ideas for improvement, and - especially - if you spot a game you think is good enough, don't hesitate to tell us about it! Indiegraph@mail.com. We're there.

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 16 January 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#2 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4028 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

This is pretty nice. Doesn't such site belong to 'Website announcements' forum?

And... remove those snowflakes. In combination with white background and variable movement behavior, I was about to think that there's something not right with me when I saw one trespassing corner of image.

#3 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

This is pretty nice. Doesn't such site belong to 'Website announcements' forum?

And... remove those snowflakes. In combination with white background and variable movement behavior, I was about to think that there's something not right with me when I saw one trespassing corner of image.

Thanks. Those snowflakes are Wordpress's Christmas display, I'll see if I can turn it off. As for posting here, my apologies. If a moderator would please move the topic?

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7635 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Nice collection of material here. +1 Good writing and interesting selection of subject matter. I like the format and layout too. It's easy to see all the content at a glance, and then jump wherever you want.

The interview with Noah Stolk was interesting. He seems like somebody to watch. Same for Miroki123. Both good interviews. And I like how you incorporate game reviews and screenshots into the interviews.

I read a few of the other mini-reviews too. Pretty good. Short, but informative.

Questions regarding your e-zine format:

1. Do you plan to compile these into PDF documents for download? Or just stick with the website format?
2. Do you plan to release periodic "issues", or just continually add content over time?

#5 SunnyKatt

SunnyKatt

Code Drama

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the kind words about my game! I hope your website is successful.

#6 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Nice collection of material here. +1 Good writing and interesting selection of subject matter. I like the format and layout too. It's easy to see all the content at a glance, and then jump wherever you want.

The interview with Noah Stolk was interesting. He seems like somebody to watch. Same for Miroki123. Both good interviews. And I like how you incorporate game reviews and screenshots into the interviews.

I read a few of the other mini-reviews too. Pretty good. Short, but informative.

Questions regarding your e-zine format:

1. Do you plan to compile these into PDF documents for download? Or just stick with the website format?
2. Do you plan to release periodic "issues", or just continually add content over time?

Thank you! The site is doing well, averaging around 40 views per day and increasing.
As for your questions:
1. Yes, I do intend to distribute these as a free PDF. I'll wait I have some more content on the site, however.
2. Continually add content. My schedule [I'm a student facing finals - lots of classes to attend, subjects to cover, and so on] make it impossible for me to conform to a rigid schedule. I try, however, to push out at least one article a day. If you're interested in contributing, you're welcome! Contact me at indiegraph@yahoo.com.

SunnyKat: no problem :) I was an will always be a fan of Koya Rift.

#7 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

Update:
[*] Genetic Garden 2 [an insanely graphics-intensive, upcoming commercial GM adventure/stealth game with Metal-Gear / Resident Evil esque gameplay] previewed, and an interview with the three-man team behind it
[*] An interveiw with Elijah Spiro [Spirox @ YYG]
[*] Avernum [Jeff Vogel]
[*] Raw Gears

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 28 December 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#8 Kapser

Kapser

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1640 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

Great layout and content. Bookmarked!

#9 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

Great layout and content. Bookmarked!

Thanks. More on the way. And Happy New Year, everybody! ^_^

#10 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Sounds like my articles are getting good reviews. :biggrin:

#11 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Agreed.
New content: Age of Fear, a commercial-class indie turn-based strategy game - reviewed. Happy NEW yEAR, GMC!

#12 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

THE DEEP SKY reviewed.
Note: I welcome any suggestions you might have. Any suggestions as to what we should work on next would be pretty good.

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 02 January 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#13 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

New content:
[*] Legends of Yore
[*] Innoquous 4

Reviewed.

#14 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

LATEST ARTICLES
[*] Mine, not yours: the top 5 Minecraft clones, reviewed
[*] Orse ost e7 o: interview'd
[*] Slayer: Castlevania, reloaded? A GM game.
[*] Legends of Yore: a true diamond in the rough.

#15 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Latest articles!

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 17 January 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#16 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7635 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Latest articles!

You forgot the "list" tag. That turns [*] into bullets. (I added it.)

Anyway... I really enjoyed your latest reviews. +1 Not only were they very well written, but the games you selected are great choices. You're great at finding wonderful indie games that might go unnoticed. That's a real service to the GMC.

Your review style is nicely crafted: you explain the game, hit the high points (and low), and provide just the right level of detail. Very professional, with excellent writing style.

For this latest installment, I liked seeing the review of Nocturne's game H4x0r. That's a good game and worth playing. And you wrote an excellent review of Return of STASIS. Another great game. Frankly, all these choices are good.

You have a great website. I hope you advertise outside the GMC, because these games are good examples of what GM can do in the hands of skilled designers.

Edited by chance, 16 January 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#17 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Latest articles!

You forgot the "list" tag. That turns [*] into bullets. (I added it.)

Anyway... I really enjoyed your latest reviews. +1 Not only were they very well written, but the games you selected are great choices. You're great at finding wonderful indie games that might go unnoticed. That's a real service to the GMC.

Your review style is nicely crafted: you explain the game, hit the high points (and low), and provide just the right level of detail. Very professional, with excellent writing style.

For this latest installment, I liked seeing the review of Nocturne's game H4x0r. That's a good game and worth playing. And you wrote an excellent review of Return of STASIS. Another great game. Frankly, all these choices are good.

You have a great website. I hope you advertise outside the GMC, because these games are good examples of what GM can do in the hands of skilled designers.

Thank you very much! It's a pleasure digging out games like these, and I'm happy to hear your critique of my writing style. We'll keep 'em coming, so to speak. And thanks for the BBCode tip . . fixed! :)
Due to exams, I'm unable to spend more time advertising beyond the GMC and the YYG . . . something I intend to change when my finals are over.

updates!
  • A Shapian's Tale - behind the scenes [developer interview]
  • AirMech: giant robots and fast RTS action. Previewed!

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 17 January 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#18 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1084 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

This looks pretty awesome. I gotta check this out tomorrow.

Edit: It IS pretty awesome! I've only read two entries so far, but it's pretty informative, and on top of that it's short, sweet, and to the point. You have a good website going here.
Oh, and if you want some good games to put on your site, check out the "awesome games I found around here" links in my signature. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

TheUltimate

Edited by TheUltimate, 23 January 2012 - 02:11 AM.

#19 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

@The Ultimate: Thanks! I'll definitely have a look. If you come across games that you think are good enough, drop me a PM anytime!

Aaand new updates:
  • GRANDAD WENT MAD: Shotguns, skinhead and arthritis
  • Developer spotlight: Treesun studios

Edited by theALCH3MIST, 23 January 2012 - 03:57 AM.

#20 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

In case you are wondering what happened to us, I have temporarily taken over.

#21 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7635 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

In case you are wondering what happened to us, I have temporarily taken over.

Nice job of promoting INDIEGRAPH :dry: Members don't really care that much who's in charge. But it'd be useful to just remind the GMC about new content periodically. There's about 10 new articles/reviews in the past month alone.

There's a very funny article comparing Minecraft to Saint's Row link published two days ago (28 May).
"In Saints Row, you run around naked and beat people to death with a giant *****."

There's also a good interview with Kirk Johnston (author of Light Hero) published on 22 May. I played his game on the GMC/Creations. Not bad, so it was interesting to read the interview.

On May 10, they published a interview with the YYG Staff (mostly answered by Mike Dailly). No ground-breaking news, but this sounded very interesting, through:

Looking into 2013, GameMaker will get a full rewrite so the IDE is totally cross platform and the Mac and possibly even Linux editions will all be on par with the Windows version. This is a big step, but it will be well worth it. Were also redesigning the whole interface, the scripting language (GML) will get a revamp and the game engines themselves will get rewritten. Its a huge undertaking, but the results will be something special.

Lots more interesting stuff I haven't mentioned, including many articles from April and the preceding months.

edit/+t

Edited by chance, 30 May 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#22 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

I know. I wrote most of those. :D Thanks for posting them. xD

I am sorry I haven't promoted Indiegraph much - I forgot about this topic.

I just wanted a reason to bump so I just posted I was in charge. :tongue:

Edited by Super Guy, 30 May 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#23 roytheshort

roytheshort

The Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

I prefer Gaming blogs that are more about good games that not everybody knows, that way we don't look at it and think, "Hey, I liked that!" but instead, "Hey, that looks good, I'll play that!"

I don't know, just an opinion here.

#24 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7635 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I know. I wrote most of those. :D Thanks for posting them. xD

I am sorry I haven't promoted Indiegraph much - I forgot about this topic.

Well, you need to be more assertive. Hell, most of the blogs/mags here just make pointless bumps to say "our next issue is coming soon". But you guys add interesting reviews and interviews all the time. So tell us about it more often! :biggrin:

I prefer Gaming blogs that are more about good games that not everybody knows, that way we don't look at it and think, "Hey, I liked that!" but instead, "Hey, that looks good, I'll play that!"

IndieGraph does a good job of that. For example, check out their game list from May 13. This is why I go back to their site --and why it should get more attention on the GMC.

edit/-redundancy

Edited by chance, 30 May 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#25 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I don't know, just an opinion here.

That is what we do! Have you played every single game we mentioned before? Really! What about the 001 games? This iOS games?

EDIT: Starting tommorow I will try to be more aggressive with my advertising, Chance.

A piece of writing by me discussing my opinion on crowdfunding, Kickstarter and IndieGoGo.

P.S. We are hiring! Visit the "contact us" page for more info!

Edited by Super Guy, 31 May 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#26 Lawsome

Lawsome

Hail Ducks

• GMC Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hi! I'm the other writer Joe! (for the moment, it is pretty much just me and Nathan writing articles.)

There's a very funny article comparing Minecraft to Saint's Row link published two days ago (28 May).
"In Saints Row, you run around naked and beat people to death with a giant *****."

Thanks! :happy: I don't often write funny articles but I felt the need to there.

IMO, Indiegraph is a blog relatively more focused on designing games, but we get a good mix in there, often publicising lesser known games as well.

Edited by Lawsome1997, 31 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#27 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

We are actually more focused on other games, but your design articles are quite popular and people like them. I got another inquiry for a writer... let's see how this goes...

#28 roytheshort

roytheshort

The Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

We are actually more focused on other games, but your design articles are quite popular and people like them. I got another inquiry for a writer... let's see how this goes...

When I made my comment regarding you making reviews on well-known games, I was refering to that one lawsome made. But meh, whatever's propular I suppose.

#29 Super Guy

Super Guy

The Real Superman!

• GMC Member
  • 549 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Oh, just don't judge our site by a single article dude. :thumbsup:

#30 roytheshort

roytheshort

The Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Oh, just don't judge our site by a single article dude. :thumbsup:

Yeah, sorry about that.

Having read the other articles about downloadable games and apps. (Including a rather neat YYG review.) I feel like an idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users