4 replies to this topic

#1 AdamTheZombie

AdamTheZombie

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Posted Image

Any idea's? I've tried reinstalling. Thanks guys. I can't figure this one out.

-AtZ

#2 xxskxx

xxskxx

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

Any idea's? I've tried reinstalling. Thanks guys. I can't figure this one out.

-AtZ

There are soooo many bugs and glitches in GM4Mac... You could report this at http://gm4mac.yoyogames.com ... But I think nobody cares because YoYoGames just wants to publish more Game Maker versions to make more money instead of finish the Mac version :/
(i hate the fullscreen bug most in gm4mac but _really_: yoyogames doesn't fix this ... they should provide a statement ...

Edited by xxskxx, 05 January 2012 - 01:40 AM.

#3 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9402 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

But I think nobody cares because YoYoGames just wants to publish more Game Maker versions to make more money instead of finish the Mac version :/

I think you'll find the reason is that they are planning on releasing GM9 in the next 12 months or so, and don't want to spend time with this half-baked version when they could be spending their time on the new, rewritten version, which is intended to support Mac (and, unlike Studio, GM9 is said to have a Mac editor as well, replacing the out-of-date GM for Mac).

Edit: also, I doubt they will spend time fixing bugs that don't matter, like an off center box. It seems that errors that do matter have a better chance of being fixed (although at this stage there aren't many of them left)

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 05 January 2012 - 02:02 AM.

#4 xxskxx

xxskxx

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

rewritten version, which is intended to support Mac (and, unlike Studio, GM9 is said to have a Mac editor as well, replacing the out-of-date GM for Mac).

Ok that sounds great... but I already paid for this unfinished version 7.

Edit: also, I doubt they will spend time fixing bugs that don't matter, like an off center box. It seems that errors that do matter have a better chance of being fixed (although at this stage there aren't many of them left)

Nope... there is a bug that fullscreen games with a "false ratio" cause a flickering screen. ("false ratio" means if your game is 16:10 [Mac Book ratio] it won't work with a new 16:9 iMac model). This bug has been reporter several times and didn't get any attention from yyg. This is a very annoying bug.. because you can't provide a game with a fullscreen mode working on all Mac models.
(And there much more bugs...)

I think it would be a fair deal if yyg gives GM4Mac customers the new version for free... because we paid for a "beta version".

Posted Image
(a feature of GM4Mac... :/ )

They're also using this old Mac port for the new Rasberry Pi version :( ... (with all bugs)
Just read this article: http://gamemakerblog...port-will-flop/

Sry for this off-topic post... but I got really frustrated with GM-Mac

Edited by xxskxx, 05 January 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#5 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9402 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

Just make a cool game, throw it on the Mac App Store for a few bucks and make your money back. GM for Mac has been well worth it for me, even with it's bugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users