Make Money with JTyler's Articles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

If you would like to submit a game, you can do so here. The game must have either been designed by you or someone you are associated with (no html codes from websites that allow you to embed their games). I will accept both online games and executable games, but I will make the executable games playable online with a java applet. You will need to provide the code for one or two ad-boxes. They should be 728*90 or a similar size. Your ads will be displayed 75% of the time, and mine will be displayed 25% of the time. If your game becomes very successful, your ads will be displayed even more -

If your game receives over 99 likes between Facebook and/or Google, I will give you an additional 15%. That means that if you can get 99 likes, you will receive 90% of the ad impressions.

You will keep all rights to the game. You will be able to update your game, change any of the details, rename the game (though the address must remain the same), remove the game, and anything else not specifically mentioned here.

Note: you don't have to run your own advertisements, but I will still run mine.

The page will have the game itself, your description of the game, a link to your website (if you choose), a bio about you (if you want), your ad boxes, a comments section, and anything else you want.

If you decide to submit your game, I will do some basic SEO work, promotion, and backlinking to get your games out there.

I will soon add the ability for you to sell your games. For more info, visit the Webpage or the main site - JTyler's Articles - Games

Edited by jtyler, 12 February 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#2 Psalms23

Psalms23

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

Cool site, that's a really nice background.

#3 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Thanks.

#4 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3968 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Any sort of numbers on how much traffic you get? And how much of this would be applicable to the game section, people coming to your sight for advice on poltics seem unlikely to go for a couple little games.

#5 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

True. Right now, since I've been making radical changes to the website and articles (as I was forced to leave Hubpages and Bukisa for three totally different platforms), I haven't been getting nearly as many views. I used to get a few hundred a day. I'm not sure how much of my current traffic will go towards games, but I will advertise and pull in new traffic.

Actually, people who research these kinds of things online may be more than willing to play a few games. Not all of my traffic comes from people who search politics. Even some of them probably wouldn't mind playing a game or two. I myself wouldn't.

I do expect traffic to increase greatly after everything settles and after the games section is fully integrated to the website.

#6 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

I've been gradually getting more and more traffic. If anyone's curious, here's what are two examples -

HTML 5 Game
PC Game with InstantPlay

I now accept PC games.

Edited by jtyler, 21 January 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#7 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

There are now a few different GM members signed up for this. The site is really starting to launch.

#8 atamasco

atamasco

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

I might be interested when I finish my rpg. Can i contact you sometime later? :)

#9 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I might be interested when I finish my rpg. Can i contact you sometime later? :)

No problem.

By the way, the layout should be more friendly. The website has been getting slightly more and more traffic, so this is starting to take off.

#10 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• Retired Staff
  • 15412 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

#11 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

This looks nice~! I'll do this.

A bit confusing instructions, though.

Edited by mangosteenGames, 12 February 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#12 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

What part are you confused about?

#13 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

What does... wait, I reread it when I wasn't rushed, and it made sense.

#14 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Ok, cool. Feel free to submit a game when you're ready.

#15 YNMS

YNMS

GMC Member

• 16 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

How do I know I can trust your website and you won't steal my game?

#16 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Dude - it's called SOPA. Posted Image

:tongue:

#17 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

How do I know I can trust your website and you won't steal my game?

I have already worked with other members of the GMC. Here's an example of a GM HTML5 game that was submitted to me - http://www.games.jty...-vs-castle.php.
You can contact the creator of the game Timmo if you wish (though he's just submitted his games recently. I have also been a participant of the GMC for about a year and have made many posts.

#18 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I've had a few more GMC members and even a few more non GMC members post games. They're all satisfied. Who's next?

#19 GameStar18

GameStar18

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Hey question, is it possible to make money hosting a game on there without actually selling it if it uses copyrighted material? You can't sell a game like that so that's why I am asking if you can make money by simply hosting it and getting people to play it/visit it? I still am new to this kind of thing but am really good with Game Maker.

#20 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hey question, is it possible to make money hosting a game on there without actually selling it if it uses copyrighted material? You can't sell a game like that so that's why I am asking if you can make money by simply hosting it and getting people to play it/visit it? I still am new to this kind of thing but am really good with Game Maker.

I don't think there's a problem, but I'm not 100%. I would accept your game if you submitted it, but if I am asked to remove it by the ones who created the material, I would be forced to remove it.

By the way, I've updated the way the site looks.

#21 GameStar18

GameStar18

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

I don't think there's a problem, but I'm not 100%. I would accept your game if you submitted it, but if I am asked to remove it by the ones who created the material, I would be forced to remove it.

By the way, I've updated the way the site looks.

Oh ok that's understandable. Yeah I can upload my Super Mario Battlefront on there. Hopefully can get more people to play it and make it be more known. Few more questions before that: Does it cost any money to host them on there? and How exactly would I get paid? One last thing is I have a zip file for my game as it needs an obj file to go with it. Does a zip file work for people to download?
Nice new look too.

Edited by GameStar18, 20 April 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#22 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5198 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

We are trying to cut back on website promotion topics in this forum. Please stick with your Website Announcement topic for further announcements and discussion related to your site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users