I am an independent video game designer who is passionate about creating new game experiences(as all of us,i think) and having fun all the way doing that. Things might seem very easy for someone outside the video game industry about the process of making video games,but we all here know how challenging it truly is,to stay focused and spend a ton of resources to create that video game that is in our minds,and entertain hundreds of people,including our friends and families,even ourselves!
So,to make the process easier,we must find new ways to save resources and most importantly TIME and MONEY.
I used to take my time,analyzing the market,and trying to figure out some good price for my games,that is appealing to the user and is getting me a respectable amount of money. As we all know,the price and generally the sales of our games,have a significant impact upon us,because some people may rely on making video games (independently) to make a living. So,to save me some time (not very much,just a couple of minutes or equally a time that I could be doing something else,more valuable), I created a simple application in Java for the purpose of managing my price and sales, that I decided to share with the community of yoyogames(exclusively),for FREE!
Here is how the application looks:
Here is how the application works:
- Estimated price (in USD($)): You set the price of your future or current game.
- Estimated sales (in units or in downloads): You set how many people are actually going to buy your game.
- Gross revenue (in USD($)): The application will calculate and show you,what would be the gross revenue of your game according to your price and how many people bought the game.
- Apple/Google share (in USD($)): The application will calculate and show you,how much money would Apple and Google cut from your revenue (as of now it is 30% for Apple and 30% for Google).
- Revenue after Apple/Google share (in USD($)): The application will calculate and show you,how much money you will have after the cut from Apple and Google.
- Publisher share (yoyo games): The application will calculate and show you,how much money your publisher(in our case,Yoyogames) will cut from your revenue(after the Apple/Google cut). Last time i checked,it was 50% cut.
- REVENUE (both in USD($) and Euro(€)): The application will calculate and show you,the actual money you are going to make from your game,and can finally spend
- I created this application to help me out,but I decided to share with you all. While I will keep the application FREE, I will post below a link that you can donate if you want(from $0.01 to anything you want ), to help me work more on this project, if the community likes it of course (because doing so will take away time from the game development),through PayPal secure payment simple form. The donation is NOT mandatory,you can donate if you want and I will greatly appreciate it(it will help fund my video game projects and it will help me stay longer on this project).
- You can contact me to my email: email@example.com with suggestions to improve this application,and if many people suggest something big,or someone suggests something small, I am going to be adding it and update the download link with the new version
- Please keep in mind that this application takes for granted that you will sell your games through the Android market and App store,using the NEW game maker studio with the ability to export to those platforms,and having YoyoGames as your publisher. But you can always look at the raw stats and use as you see fit.
- If you like this project, you can suggest anything at my email and I will update the version with new features.
- The program is copyrighted by me (Black Sheep Games),and you may not modify it without permission,though you will always get it for FREE!
- Thanks in advance for reading this thread,i accept all the constructive feedback,and i may not write here at the forum,but probably you will see the project updated,maybe according to your suggestions!
DOWNLOAD link: https://rapidshare.c...675/Revenue.jar
DONATION link: https://www.paypal.c...d=34D6CJPC6PJB8
*** I am not associated with Yoyogames in any way, neither I intend to sell something, I am just trying to help the community,the application will remain FREE!
NOTE that you will need to have Java installed to run the application,you can get it here: http://www.java.com/...nload/index.jsp
So thank you all,keep working on your games and your dream will become true some day
Edited by Black Sheep Games, 22 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.