• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 haley3388

haley3388

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hi guys,

With the release of the official Kinect SDK, I am trying to develop motion games which can be played by kinect.
However my method is very simple and tricky. I don't know how to get data from kinect directly. So I design a mouse-based
game. After I use the Kinect mouse application. which basically simulate kinect as a mouse cursor. So people can use
kinect to play my games instead of a mouse. The idea works quite well.

However does anyone do research about how to combine kinect with gamemaker perfectly? I really want to know other people's
solutions.

BW,

#2 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

I have never used the Kinect SDK but I would say it's for c++ (Correct me if I am wrong). If this is the case all you need to do is create a GM Wrapper DLL.

#3 Schalk

Schalk

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 487 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

It's for both C++ and C#.

#4 haley3388

haley3388

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Kinect SDK is for both C++ and C#. However most of demo examples are C# , there are few C++'s. I guess it is MS's intention.
Besides, Kinect SDK only works for Win7 because it uses .Net 4 platform. So I guess the C++, which Kinect SDK used is managed C++. Am I right???

Anyhow, I am trying to create a GM Wrapper DLL for kinect mouse. Hope I can success and then share it here. :D

BW,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users