7 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 632 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

DwnldExec is a multiplatform supported file downloader for Game Maker and Adventure Maker. DYLIB (GM4Mac compatable) and JS (GM:HTML5 compatable) versions coming soon. Though for now here's the DLL (GM4Win compatable) and OCX (AM & GM4Win compatable).
Note: The Adventure Maker OCX included with the zip may also be used in Game Maker via the GMRA / GMAX DLL, which therefore makes it relevant for both Adventure Maker and Game Maker users alike for use.

Download:
http://sandbox.yoyog...s/3609/download

Edited by time-killer-games, 09 April 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Sir

Sir

Jedi Poodoo

• GMC Member
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

Download Example + Source for GM and VC++
http://sandbox.yoyog...open-source-gmk

Features:

-Download and execute EXE files directly from the internet requardless of any parental controls that block downloading.
-Perfect for making a custom auto updater for games and software alike.
-Example EXE, editable GMK, and Visual C++ source for the DLL.
-Download files from the internet of any file type.
-Make your game's file size smaller (except at runtime), can be done by downloading huge external files to GM's temp_directory. Though it still requires internet connection.

I noticed there are several other DLLs like this that were released however this one is open source so you may modify it to your liking without having to worry about giving me any credit, because I really don't care. I've had this over at the YoYo sandbox for quite a while now, so anyway I thought to share it here as well. :D

Sam

So I can use this to DL an Update to my game? Do i have to give credit? and can it download without the users knowledge? such as, they are playing my game one minute, they close my game, open it again and now it is running 1.2 instead of 1.0?

#3 Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

No credit is needed. Yes, you may do that, but you'll need to use your own GML for it to work. e.g. detect existing links and download from them etc. I'll list an example of this later this week if desired.

Edited by time-killer-games, 14 December 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#4 Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Bump. Update! Now the OCX activeX control is available. which is pretty useless unless you own the full edition of Adventure Maker.

I currently need someone who owns a mac, that also can program DYLIBs for use in Gm4Mac. The goal here is to make a java based instant play plugin that works for both windows exe and mac apps. the plugin will be based on the dwnldexec DLL.

Edited by time-killer-games, 09 April 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#5 Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

I thought to bump this topic. There are some people I am sure will find this useful as it allows executing programs in GMStudio.

#6 bluberblaber

bluberblaber

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

does this also work with Game maker studio pro

#7 MRtriforce131

MRtriforce131

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

wow only one i have got to work well in a long time but is there any way to make a progress bar and if so, how? as i will be using this in a launcher/ Updater for my game. and it would greatly improve the look to it. thanks.

#8 alex9913

alex9913

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Download Example + Source for GM and VC++
http://sandbox.yoyog...open-source-gmk

Features:

-Download and execute EXE files directly from the internet requardless of any parental controls that block downloading.
-Perfect for making a custom auto updater for games and software alike.
-Example EXE, editable GMK, and Visual C++ source for the DLL.
-Download files from the internet of any file type.
-Make your game's file size smaller (except at runtime), can be done by downloading huge external files to GM's temp_directory. Though it still requires internet connection.

I noticed there are several other DLLs like this that were released however this one is open source so you may modify it to your liking without having to worry about giving me any credit, because I really don't care. I've had this over at the YoYo sandbox for quite a while now, so anyway I thought to share it here as well. :D

Sam

So I can use this to DL an Update to my game? Do i have to give credit? and can it download without the users knowledge? such as, they are playing my game one minute, they close my game, open it again and now it is running 1.2 instead of 1.0?

Great Dll!

Is it still possible to get the source? The link to sendbox doesn't seem to work anymore.
Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users