GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Download from my homepage

Download from YoYo Games

Watch the trailer

The good Mecha Santa plans to spread happiness and cheer all over the world. Princess Pitch, previously just a sidekick in Garden Gnome Carnage, sets out to put an end to those silly plans.

Hyper Princess Pitch is a remake of DOS Operation: Carnage, keeping the fast-paced arcade action, short completion time, high replay value and cheesy characters. Whether you tire of games with moral choices, or you've ever wanted to be made of equal halves explosions and piledrivers, this is the game for you.

Thanks to Niklas Ström for the awesome music! The soundtrack is also available in MP3/FLAC format from Niklas' page.

#2 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2247 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

I've played through the game, and I must say, it's thoroughly epic! :medieval:
It would be a lot easier to aim if you could use, say, WASD to shoot, and the arrows just for movement. The mouse would work too. The aiming/shooting controls are probably going to be the biggest gripe on this game.
The cutscenes are perfect in every way, I was able to get the ending where you smash Santa's head on the moon. Pure joy to watch all these explosion.

Great work, as usual! :D

-orange08

Edited by orange08, 12 December 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#3 ProjectOne

ProjectOne

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Wow! :)
The game reminds me of those old shooters. Fantastic!

#4 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 335 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

That was really awesome!
I don't think I can think of anything bad about it!
Keep up the great work!

#5 fyaopo

fyaopo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

This game is great fun. Very challenging too; I only managed to scrape through the final bossfight in War Queen difficulty, and I'm still trying for the Goddess difficulty legitimately.

The music is very nice, but not as memorable as many of the soundtracks from your other games. However, I should be looking at how the music fares in the game's context, and it works well with the silly, old school, hyper-destruction vibe the game gives off.

All in all, awesome fun, and high replay value :).

#6 salaH

salaH

GMC Member

• 29 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

looks really cool. will probably try this

#7 mrscience00

mrscience00

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 679 posts
  • Version:GM5

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

Wonderful work as always Daniel! And a terrific soundtrack.

#8 Ultimortal

Ultimortal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks all. It was a lot of fun making this. :)

#9 Big J

Big J

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2851 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

I played this with a game controller, so the controls were perfect. This game is impressive, except for some of the moves mentioned in the pro tips... those are hard to pull off while trying to not die. :lol: I think this is the first time I played a GM game and, while playing it, forgot all about it being made in Game Maker. :D

#10 GfxRippersSuck

GfxRippersSuck

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

Smash TV with more cuteness and explosions.

#11 gmx0

gmx0

The Messenger

• GMC Member
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

GALACTIC PRINCESS BUSTER!!!

11 out of 9 galaxies instead of stars

#12 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 8168 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Lawyer Friendly Cameo? :P

I have to say, once I noticed the use of some Iji weaponry in the trailer, I knew I absolutely had to play this. And actually having a character being The Goddess Of Explosions... This mix of nerdy/cheesy humour and danmaku action... I can't believe this game is real. ^____^

Edited by Yal, 07 February 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#13 Big J

Big J

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2851 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

This game is awesome, so I bumped it.

Also, I have a question. Was the game created in GM5 and then ported to GM7, or did it start in GM7 and get ported backwards?

#14 gmx0

gmx0

The Messenger

• GMC Member
  • 1202 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I love this game. This and Garden Gnome Carnage are my favorite GM-Christmas themed games ever. Its almost a tradition for us (me and my sisters) to play every year at this time.

#15 rabidmedia

rabidmedia

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

This game is really great! the game play is very solid, and the animations are very well made. I appreciate the joypad support!

#16 Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose

Grimm Reaper

• 1 posts
  • Version:GM5

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

woot, this is made in GM5? it's awesome ::lmao::

#17 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 8168 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'm sure you can find awesome GM1 games if you just look for them :P

Also, I have a question. Was the game created in GM5 and then ported to GM7, or did it start in GM7 and get ported backwards? 

It must've been made in GM5 and then ported to GM7... there is an unofficial backwards-porting utility called LateralGM, but it can only port GM6 and forwards. It's simply impossible to make a GM5 file outta an GM7 file.

EDIT:

What the heck guys, stop bumping three year old topics! Sheesh. I'll let it slip this because HPP is one of my favourite games.

Edited by Yal, 13 September 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#18 Mornez

Mornez

GMC Member

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Wonder if it'll ever get ported to GM Studio?

This is one of the top 5 Game Maker games I've ever played...

Glad I featured it long ago...

#19 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 8168 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

It's also AFAIK the only Remar game with an actually playable Reallyjoel's Dad difficulty (except called Reallyjoel's Mom in this game). I actually managed to beat the first room in one piece! ::lmao:: Then I was kinda disappointed to see the trains move in easy-difficulty speed after the boost the gnomes got.

#20 Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

It is completely wonderful. The name added more excitement as I am glued to royal things.

#21 Big J

Big J

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2851 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

I'm sure you can find awesome GM1 games if you just look for them :P

It must've been made in GM5 and then ported to GM7... there is an unofficial backwards-porting utility called LateralGM, but it can only port GM6 and forwards. It's simply impossible to make a GM5 file outta an GM7 file.

I once ported a game from GM7 to GM5. The process wasn't automated, I simply imported all the assets, copied over all the code, changed code as needed to compensate for functions that GM5 didn't have, placed all the objects in the room the same as they were in the GM7 file, etc. The whole process is a pain, but it's doable. I am still curious to know which version of GM the game began in. I think the game's documentation said something about the GM5 version being for maximum compatibility, so it almost sounds like it may have been a manual backwards port. I guess I'll never know for sure unless OP responds.

Edited by Big J, 21 September 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#22 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 8168 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

He probably won't, I'm fairly sure Ultimortal Daniel has stated that he has to interest in social media. You should try to contact him directly in order to get a response.

#23 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:09 PM

I once ported a game from GM7 to GM5. The process wasn't automated, I simply imported all the assets, copied over all the code, changed code as needed to compensate for functions that GM5 didn't have, placed all the objects in the room the same as they were in the GM7 file, etc. The whole process is a pain, but it's doable. I am still curious to know which version of GM the game began in. I think the game's documentation said something about the GM5 version being for maximum compatibility, so it almost sounds like it may have been a manual backwards port. I guess I'll never know for sure unless OP responds.

Was there a reason to do it manually? I recall that GM7 could open GMD files, and relative forward compatibility could be achieved with careful script usage (e.g. not using fonts, which were embed and provided by-name in GM5).

#24 Big J

Big J

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2851 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 PM

GM7 might be able to open GM5 files, but that doesn't matter. The fact remains that I was porting backwards from GM7 to GM5, and GM5 cannot open GM7 files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users