JTyler's Articles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Do you need a place where you can play a variety of games of the highest quality online for free? You have come to the right place. Here you will find many games that encompass many different genres. These games have been created by many experienced programmers along with musicians and graphic artists.

I have many online games, including GMHTML5 and GM PC games. All of my games can be played online. The PC games can be played with the website's instantplay system. I am frequently adding more and more games, some of which are coming from people who do not develop with Game Maker. I have many games in each category, and I'm working on a game myself.

I also have a useful set of tools. I have an article on GML Tutorial, one on GML scripts in general, and one on free music. On my main website, I also have articles that will teach you how to write your own music.

You may also submit your own games to make money. For more info on that, visit my post in the Distributing Games section or see my webpage.

JTyler's Articles - Games

The site now has a new design.

Edited by jtyler, 15 April 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7286 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

This is a decent website. The overall appearance is a bit drab, but the layout is easy to navigate and there's interesting content. And content trumps appearance any day.

You have a few GM examples/tutorials, but what I found most interesting were the music links. Nice to hear the Miles Davis piece. I really like the music he made during that particular time in his career.

#3 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Thanks. What do you think I should do to spruce up the appearance?

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7286 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

Thanks. What do you think I should do to spruce up the appearance?

You could do basic stuff like add a graphical banner, and use a different color for the links column on the left. Just simple things to give the appearance some "depth", instead of the flat-looking page.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Because right now, your site is perfectly functional with excellent content. And that's actually rare for most sites here. :tongue:

#5 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks. Maybe I'll work on the graphics after I get some of my other stuff settled. If you like the website, could you go to it and press one of the like buttons? That would be very beneficial.

#6 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Member
  • 15888 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

#7 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Love it. I check it once every few weeks, and the Day in the Life of Jtyler is very interesting. I couldn't agree with you more about all your people articles, I mean seriously, this world is getting pretty stuffed up :/

The scripts are also pretty helpful :)

#8 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks. Glad you liked the articles.

#9 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7286 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

The new HTML5 game looks interesting. Unfortunately, it runs at about 0.5 frames/sec so it's unplayable. The rest of the site is very fast, however. Not sure what's wrong.

#10 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

The new HTML5 game looks interesting. Unfortunately, it runs at about 0.5 frames/sec so it's unplayable. The rest of the site is very fast, however. Not sure what's wrong.

Interesting. I'll take a look at it. Hopefully, it's a simple problem. Thanks for visiting.

#11 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

I love the new design! Good work with the site.

EDIT: I just noticed, the first paragraph on the home page contains a spelling mistake:

Need advice on politics, composing, music, saxophone playing, cooking, or computer programing?  You have come to the right place.  Here you will find many helpful, informative, and inspiring articles with many more to come on topics ranging from cooking with garlic to playing saxophone to e=mc˛.

Edited by icymx, 14 April 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#12 jtyler

jtyler

GMC Member

• 255 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

I love the new design! Good work with the site.

EDIT: I just noticed, the first paragraph on the home page contains a spelling mistake:

Need advice on politics, composing, music, saxophone playing, cooking, or computer programing?  You have come to the right place.  Here you will find many helpful, informative, and inspiring articles with many more to come on topics ranging from cooking with garlic to playing saxophone to e=mc˛.

Thanks. I've just fixed the error. Thanks for noticing the new design as well; I just came here to announce that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users