• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BioEchoes

BioEchoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

BioThreat: A first person shooter with zombies that phase through walls, radioactive zones, and increasing difficulty. Good luck!

Download Link: http://webechoes.wee.../downloads.html (It's called, "BioThreat Legends")

EDIT: I'd appreciate it if you could try the new beta version- it has a bit more interesting gameplay (but still terrible graphics - I'm working on that). You can find it here: http://webechoes.wee.../biothreat.html

EDIT (again):I have implemented mouse controls and WASD movement in my newest installment, on my site (this time, under downloads).

Yet another EDIT: I have added the ability to play on different maps and level up in my new version, BioThreat 1.1 (still under downloads)

Edited by BioEchoes, 25 March 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#2 Igloo

Igloo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

BioThreat: A first person shooter with zombies that phase through walls, radioactive zones, and increasing difficulty. Good luck!

Download Link: http://webechoes.wee.../downloads.html (It's called, "BioThreat Legends")

Not bad for your first 3d game, at least there is gameplay.

You should have put more effort towards making the game visually appealing; the corners where the floor meets the wall have visual bugs, the large green void surrounding the gameplay area just seems odd, and its bright green color makes me feel ill.

I recommend you learn how to import and use 3d models in your games; rather than rotating 2d sprites. This dated look really slays the 3d experience. Also, it would be more fun if the gameplay area had a more interesting layout, rather than a flat square room; for example, you could add multiple rooms, windows, or a flight of stairs - this would allow the player to use more strategy in defending themselves from the zombies.

#3 BioEchoes

BioEchoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the tips! I haven't used 3d models before, so I guess I'll try that. I did release a new version with less green and more rooms, though.

Edited by BioEchoes, 20 December 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#4 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1236 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

This game scared me out of my skin, the zombies just come out of nowhere !!! :skull:

#5 BioEchoes

BioEchoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

This game scared me out of my skin, the zombies just come out of nowhere !!! :skull:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It IS made to be somewhat scary...

#6 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1236 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It IS made to be somewhat scary...

a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD thing there should be more games like this. Great when you are at your cousins house and have nothing to do TOGETHER. we decided to play this game and had fun scaring ourselves out of our skin. Next time make the graphics better

#7 BioEchoes

BioEchoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for playing! I am definitely working on the graphics.

Edited by BioEchoes, 01 January 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#8 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

before I download I can tell you already you have some serious optimization work to do on this game.
watching your video I can see how badly it lags on your computer while recording plus the floor has major zfighting.
you really only need 1 floor where you won't see the other one.

I'll reply in several minutes with my thoughts on gameplay.

Edit:
I'm sorry, I decided not to continue after playing a couple minutes.
I cannot play games that restrict my view so much. There are plenty of first person mouse control examples out there it would take you 10 minutes tops to install it. Because I had a terrible time moving around and looking around I noticed that getting hurt constantly plays the same sound, which is extremely obnoxious. It definitely startled me and the graphics weren't the greatest, but at least they were original and I respect that.

If it had better controls (normal wasd movment (forward, back, strafe), and first person mouse look - give credit if you use the example) the game would be a whole lot better, and not just to me.

Good luck!
I would love to try this game again if the above requests are fulfilled!

Edited by Newly Discovered, 07 January 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#9 razourik

razourik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1871 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm sorry, but MS Paint graphics just can't fit properly into an FPS -- it just looks so weird and out of place. You should use better graphics, if its not going to be a commercial game you can use graphics from old FPSes like Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Corridor 7, Hexen/Heretic, and Blood. (blood has some pretty badass zombie sprites. :medieval: )

Edited by razourik, 09 January 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#10 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

Just because he can use sprites from other games doesn't mean he should. I applaud the use of original graphics. Good Work.

#11 BioEchoes

BioEchoes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Thank you for all the tips, guys! I am working on the mouse-WASD controls right now.

#12 MMMStudios

MMMStudios

GMC Member

• 136 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

is there blood?.....

#13 faissialoo

faissialoo

I get high on orange

• GMC Member
  • 1236 posts