Moved temporarily to Rejected Forum, awaiting new download link.
- Title: Mouse Gesture Recognition Engine
- Description: Converts shapes drawn by the user's mouse to simple strings of directions
- GM Version: GM 8.1
- Registered: Yes, because it uses ds_lists
- File Type: .gm81
- File Size: 10.01KB
- File Link: http://www.mediafire...mjojqdqf249jxqi
- Required Extensions: None
- Required DLLs: None
This is a simple engine that converts a shape drawn by the mouse (well, a list of 2D vectors to be precise) to a string of cardinal directions (Left, Up, Right, Down). It can be used to change handwriting into text, for quick navigation in a complex program, drawing symbols to perform actions in an RPG, and really anything that can use mouse gestures.
I've commented the larger and less obvious blocks of code, and indicated which parts are not part of the core engine, that is, just for testing purposes. You will probably be using something similar to the large switch statement that picks the right action for each correctly drawn gesture, however.
Edited by chance, 19 June 2014 - 08:56 PM.