13 replies to this topic

#1 njp

njp

Panda

• GMC Member
  • 2342 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

i signed up for an account at sandbox.yoyogames.com and i accidently put the wrong email, now when i try to register the username with my actual working email it says the name has been taken.
how can i change the email and have the activation resent to the real email?

-nic

#2 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

PM an Administrator here or on the Yoyo Games fourm.

#3 njp

njp

Panda

• GMC Member
  • 2342 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

PM an Administrator here or on the Yoyo Games fourm.

Will do.

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7476 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

i signed up for an account at sandbox.yoyogames.com and i accidently put the wrong email, now when i try to register the username with my actual working email it says the name has been taken.

The account with the wrong email won't get activated. So I'm guessing YoYo will free up that username after a few days. Maybe sooner.

So instead of bugging the Admins, you might just wait a few days and try to register that name again.

#5 NAL

NAL

(ง ͠ ͠ ل͜ )ง

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

As far as I know, non-activated accounts will remain indefinitely (for some reason).

If you've not done so already to another administrator, let me know the username you signed up with and the new email address you want (preferrably over GMC PM). I'll change the email assigned to it and activate the account for you.

Edited by NAL, 09 November 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#6 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7476 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

The account with the wrong email won't get activated. So I'm guessing YoYo will free up that username after a few days. Maybe sooner.

As far as I know, non-activated accounts will remain indefinitely (for some reason).

That's unfortunate. :sad: Maybe it's time to change that. I'm sure njp isn't the first member this has happened to.

#7 njp

njp

Panda

• GMC Member
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

That's unfortunate. :sad: Maybe it's time to change that. I'm sure njp isn't the first member this has happened to.

D:

#8 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2745 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

I couldn't get my standard username (Rusty) on the YYG forums because they kept an account that was last active a few years ago. Seriously, I think it's time that both the YYG and GMC cleaned up it's inactive and unverified profiles. It's becoming a bit of a frickin' ghost gathering.

Edit:
Official GMC Population:
Real GMC Population:
I'd take an educated guess at around 10,000

Edited by Rusty, 10 November 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#9 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7476 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

It's becoming a bit of a frickin' ghost gathering.

Not as many of you might think. Here are some figures that might help us understand this issue.

Total number unvalidated accounts = 640
NOTE: these include many new accounts that may be legit, and members processing name/email changes.

Accounts that are probably abandoned = 200 approx.
Unvalidated accounts that joined before 1 Oct 2011, with 0 posts. These are the accounts that were never validated, and are probably abandoned.

Real GMC Population:
I'd take an educated guess at around 10,000

Note a bad guess, but it depends what you mean by "real". Here are the numbers:

Registered member who have visited since May 2011 = 18,500
These are probably "real members". Active, but not necessarily posting.

Registered members who have visited since May 2011, with >10 posts = 4000 approx.
These are active members who actually participate.

Just for fun... there are about 280 members with >1000 posts, who've been active in the last 6 months.

Edited by chance, 10 November 2011 - 07:50 PM.

#10 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

What about members with over 6,000 posts? I want to learn more about them. [/narcissism]

#11 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2745 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

<SNIP>

18,500 out of 161,562 still isn't a noteworthy figure, just a few real members and a load of numberholders.

That's 11.45% at two decimal places, 11.5% at one decimal place, 12% rounded to the nearest digit, 10& rounded to the nearest ten and 0% rounded to the nearest full percentage.

I do math! And I am not impressed.

Edited by Rusty, 10 November 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#12 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7476 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

18,500 out of 161,562 still isn't a noteworthy figure, just a few real members and a load of numberholders.
I do math! And I am not impressed.

Nobody's trying to "impress" you. My numbers confirm what you said. There are very few active members, compared to the number of registered accounts.

Hey, I just posted the numbers. Don't shoot the messenger. :tongue:

Personally, I'd have no issue with YoYo deleting inactive accounts. But it could easily remove legitimate members who may return after a long absence. So there's no reason to do it.

However, I do think it makes sense to delete new accounts if they aren't validated after some period of time. For the reasons we discussed earlier.

Edited by chance, 10 November 2011 - 11:21 PM.

#13 njp

njp

Panda

• GMC Member
  • 2342 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

so my account... you thinks it will work now, i pmed an admin never got a reply :oo

#14 JoeWhite13

JoeWhite13

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

I have a different but relevant problem. I created an account four years ago. It's been inactive since its creation because I can't remember the password or email I used when signing up. How can I gain access to it or at least take it down?

Edited by JoeWhite13, 25 August 2014 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users