56 replies to this topic

#51 NeoTalon27

NeoTalon27

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 220 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

For this, I love you, one of the most amazing Ideas I have yet seen, much more simple than steam, and Desure

#52 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

A few updates for you:

User List: We've put up a very simple (soon to be expanded) list of users. You'll notice that a lot of users are "level 0" - They aren't spam accounts, they were just created before major site updates, or are developers who never got their games accepted.

New forum! We've created a new forum with different software, and expanded the amount of boards. In the following weeks we're also going to be integrating the forum with the site, in hope to achieve better community interaction. We're also opening up something called "Developer Groups" - So if you have a game development team but don't have a forum to post links/discuss your game, we'll give you your own category with whatever boards you like (viewable only to members of your team).

Moderators: The back-end (stuff you don't see... not the ass of it) of the site has had a major revamp, allowing us to upgrade some users to "moderators". At the minute we're only looking for one moderator - You can apply for this position here. This will also keep the site much cleaner from spam, as well as speed up game reviews.

"Pagination": We've cleaned the site up by adding pagination to comments on blogs, games and profiles.

Ad system: You can now advertise your site directly on CrySet. $5 will get you a months worth of advertising (approx 25,000 ad views).

CrySet Games

VIS Design - Quality Web Design & Development

#53 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Revenue

We found a major flaw in the way we handled revenue/way downloads are counted (Especially in browser based games). This issue has now been fixed and you should start to notice your revenue increasing more :)

#54 InCreator[EST]

InCreator[EST]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

5,000,000 plays will only get you around $15 (off the top of my head) - but obviously a game that generates that many plays will be "upgraded" to a partnered account, and you'll earn an accurate 50% of all the ad revenue generated from your games.

ANY game that attracts 5,000,000 players or even people to play that much, should be commercial.

5 million people. Selling at say, $10 and 1 out of every 5000 players buy your game. That's 0.02% of all people interested. You can still earn $10,000 !!!
And if you cannot get ten lousy bucks out of five thousand people, you've probably failed as a game developer anyway. 5000 people is a whole big rock concert amount of people. I can bet that if I'd just walk around and simply ask so many people that money for nothing, I'd still get more than one to give.
Just think before you sell your creation for something you could sell for thousands times as much.

Now that was a realllly low example number. What if it was 0,2%?

Also "you never get so many plays if it's not on popular website" isn't really very solid argument. Everyone and their dog has average of around 130 Facebook friends. Who have another 130 friends, etc. If you share a game, 130 people see it. If 10 of them re-share or even comment, your game has been seen by 1430 people. If 10 of your friend's friends' share, do the math. It isn't that hard really nowadays where everyone's connected, even if you lower numbers and expectations reallllly low.

Edited by InCreator[EST], 27 February 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#55 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

5,000,000 plays will only get you around $15 (off the top of my head) - but obviously a game that generates that many plays will be "upgraded" to a partnered account, and you'll earn an accurate 50% of all the ad revenue generated from your games.

ANY game that attracts 5,000,000 players or even people to play that much, should be commercial.

5 million people. Selling at say, $10 and 1 out of every 5000 players buy your game. That's 0.02% of all people interested. You can still earn $10,000 !!!
And if you cannot get ten lousy bucks out of five thousand people, you've probably failed as a game developer anyway. 5000 people is a whole big rock concert amount of people. I can bet that if I'd just walk around and simply ask so many people that money for nothing, I'd still get more than one to give.
Just think before you sell your creation for something you could sell for thousands times as much.

Now that was a realllly low example number. What if it was 0,2%?

Also "you never get so many plays if it's not on popular website" isn't really very solid argument. Everyone and their dog has average of around 130 Facebook friends. Who have another 130 friends, etc. If you share a game, 130 people see it. If 10 of them re-share or even comment, your game has been seen by 1430 people. If 10 of your friend's friends' share, do the math. It isn't that hard really nowadays where everyone's connected, even if you lower numbers and expectations reallllly low.

The idea behind posting you game for free on a site like mine, is that once the site becomes popular, the games will get more attention through it than if the developer tried to sell it himself (now this obviously isn't for all developers) , based on the sites traffic. Currently, 5MILL plays gets you $5000 - maybe even more when we do weekend promotions (like the one that has just passed).

But seeing as this is the HTML5 topic... How many people are going to sell an HTML5 game commercially? Better yet, who would buy one? (assuming the games aren't built for mobiles).

#56 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Few updates...

We've written out a small description of how we review games here

To celebrate 10,000 game plays, we're giving some $$ away - Blog post can be found here

A small public log of all the little changes that we make to CrySet. You can view that here

We've also got a new moderator on the forums - Ziggler1

#57 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 17245 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Duplicate topic here

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=517436

go there for future communications