• Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

PLAY HERE

AND HERE

AND HERE

And Now On KONGREGATE!

Posted Image

PIXEL Blast is a simple arcade shooter where the only goal is survive and score points! To help you on your way you have an arsenal of awesome weapons and amazing defensive powerups, but they can only be accessed when your Bonus indicator is high enough...

Posted Image

The game features multiple enemy types, 10 weapons sets and 10 defensive powerups, procedurally generated content, scaled difficulty and PIXELS!Controls : Move with the arrow keys or WASD, shoot with the left mouse button and select powerups with the right mouse button. Further help is available in game.

Online hi-scores courtesy of Dangerous_Dave at HTML5Haven!!!

#2 amiel

amiel

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1122 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

WOW Nocturne,this looks cool but simple.
:whistle:

#3 Joe H

Joe H

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Awesome game, I highly recommend that you give it a try. Nocturne uses the simple graphics to his advantage. The UI is smooth and is actually kind of pretty for b&w pixel art. The game itself is pretty unique and a load of fun.

One note: The music doesn't loop because of the javascript. I was able to get around this in Fall by simply adding an alarm that starts the music again. I'm no sure what impact on performance (if any) there will be, but it seems to work. Mine isn't even timed that great but it's not too noticeable.

#4 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

Cool, retro game. Lots of polish. Does the online highscores work? When I died, nothing asked me for a name.. then again, I had a pretty low score..! :P

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Cool, retro game. Lots of polish. Does the online highscores work? When I died, nothing asked me for a name.. then again, I had a pretty low score..! :P

Not yet... Posted Image. But I am working on it!!! And you have to get more than 20,000 to get on the hi-score table (which means getting past about wave 18/19 or there abouts). Thanks for playing!

#6 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

The game has been updated and now features on line hi-scores (thank you Dangerous_Dave!!!!) as well as optimised performance...

#7 Niznacks

Niznacks

GMC Member

• 88 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hey Nocturne! I just wanted to say i played your game pixel blast and well i have not tried html5 and dont know the difference in programming it has compared to gm. I just wanted to say it was very impressive in the coding part but the gameplay was fairly just plain, i dont mean to be rude it was a great game just was kinda easy :P. I didnt even know you could move... haha until i beat it then im like ooohhh it in the help it says u can move haha. Well take care man id give it a 8/10 just because the coding on it looks very good. As in the movement, the health and everything you can tell your a better programmer ;) haha thats all man take care.

#8 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the kind words! I agree that the game is a bit "meh" in the gameplay department, but it was really just a test of the GM:Html5 runner... although I find it fun and once you get past wave 20, it really does start to get challenging!

#9 salaH

salaH

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

a howling wolf and then a black screen. but sometimes those games are the most fun

#10 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

a howling wolf and then a black screen. but sometimes those games are the most fun

I take it from that sarcastic comment that it hasn't loaded for you? Posted Image

Could you please tell me the site you played on, the browser you use and your system specs? That way I can test better and maybe fix any incompatabilities...

#11 salaH

salaH

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Could you please tell me the site you played on, the browser you use and your system specs? That way I can test better and maybe fix any incompatabilities...

I tried the top link, i was redirected to http://html5.cryset.co.uk/PixelBlast/

I use internet explorer 9 btw

#12 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Then that may very well be the problem... IE9 is not that compatible with Html5 (although Microsoft say it is). However on my machine it does run on IE9 as well as all the other major explorers. If you have any other browser on your machine could you test it on them and let me know the results? oh, and also try playing on the second link (HTML5 Haven) as they are hosting it themselves and not linking to CrySet. Thanks a bunch and I'm sorry that it's not working for you...

• Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

Doesn't run in IE9 here... If you want me to look into it further ping me the project and I'll see what it's complaining about...

#14 salaH

salaH

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

today when I opened it in IE9 it worked for some reason. at first it didnt but then I opened the link in mozilla firefox as well, and all of a sudden the game was playing in both browsers.

the game was pretty good btw.

#15 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Doesn't run in IE9 here... If you want me to look into it further ping me the project and I'll see what it's complaining about...

Mike, it works for me in IE9 which is strange... BUT I'm going to PM you a version anyway, as when compiled using the latest WebGL enabled Html5 it now won't work at all!

today when I opened it in IE9 it worked for some reason. at first it didnt but then I opened the link in mozilla firefox as well, and all of a sudden the game was playing in both browsers.

the game was pretty good btw.

I'm glad it works and thanks for having the patience to keep trying and help me solve these problems!!!

#16 max_r_61270

max_r_61270

GMC Member

• 411 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

It seems promising and I like the style, but it's really slow paced, especially for a shoot-em-up game like this. You need to make it faster and add powerups and stuff. I quit before anything interesting happened because it was just boring.

#17 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

You can now play PIXELBlast on Kongregate! Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Nice one! I played it, but I'm hopeless at it, I can't get a handle on the movement :tongue:

Forgive my ignorance, but can GM:HTML5 games be submitted straight to kongregate or did you have to remake this in flash or something?

#19 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

It´s a straight Html5 game! NO FLASH! Eugh! Flash is the past and Html5 is the future!!!! Posted Image

Ahem... Posted ImageAnyway... I sent the guys at Kongregate an email asking if they were going to support this new standard and they said yes. So, I sent them the games and they got back with a link for submitting them and that's that. They also gave me all their JS api integration stuff, but as my two current html5 games are well finished, I haven't used it, but future games probably will.

#20 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Awesome! I might have to get myself a copy of GM:HTML5 then so I can do the same thing! :laugh:

#21 bobhoil

bobhoil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1567 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Love the game Nocturne. I rated and also commented on your game over at kongregate. Can't wait to see some more games.

#22 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 3882 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

i tried playing your game on all the websites but it was laggy and i didn't want to play with that. i use firefox 3.6.28. i bet i could play the game if it was exe. i think html5 is the problem.

#23 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21950 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hmm... No, it's possibly Firefox. I've had a few reports that GM:Html5 and Firefox don't play nice. The guys at YoYo are trying to get things to work better, however! And thanks a lot for at least trying to play!!!

PS: This does have a gfx option at the bottom of the main menu. Did you try and play on low settings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users