HelloFangaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 133 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is a legend that tells of five mythical mushrooms of untold power. Mario sets off on a journey to collect these mushrooms in this challenging metroidvania platformer.

Download

#2 TheRexion

TheRexion

GMC Member

• 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

When I looked at that world map screenshot the only word that screamed into my head was 'Castlevania!' Pleasant surprise. The screenshots look nice, downloading this immediately. I'll reply back when I've tested it.

EDIT: It's very well made, kudos to you! The music is great as well, but... gosh darnit I could not get past the first level! That red little demon that pops out of the bushes keeps killin' me off. Either that or I end up falling down into the pits of the unknown. Bit difficult.

Edited by TheRexion, 24 October 2011 - 09:58 PM.

#3 blahing-necro

blahing-necro

GMC Member

• 174 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Wow, nice job! I couldn't figure out how to pick up items that come out of the blocks after you collide into them. What set of keys do you need to press?

#4 HelloFangaming

HelloFangaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 133 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Wow, nice job! I couldn't figure out how to pick up items that come out of the blocks after you collide into them. What set of keys do you need to press?

You need to unlock them first. To do this, collect that same powerup from a large powerup block.

#5 Dannerz

Dannerz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

The game seems high quality while i play it, but a bit too hard for me to get far in it.
Maybe some hardcore type people will be here later and pass the game then comment.

#6 sbq92

sbq92

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

I've been playing this over the last couple of days, and I really enjoy it! It is very well made, although it is very difficult! I'm not sure Mario-Metroidvania is the best mix, but you have definitely made it work very well. I was recently wanting to see and play a Mario Metroidvania game, and I have not been disappointed.

I will point out to those who are struggling with it: it gets a lot better by the end of the third area! You have an opportunity to gain a whole bunch of lives, and that helps immensely with the rest of the game. Getting there is quite difficult, though. I almost rage-quit a few times, but I kept at it, and now I'm on may way to the final area. :)

Excellent work, Hello! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users