• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ormi

Ormi

GMC Member

• 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi,

I have downloaded the Tiny Web Embedded Browser - here which works fantastic apart from 1 crucial thing.

Is there a way that I can remove the default border. The background of the website I am showing is green and the menu I have above that with the go back, forward and refresh buttons on is also green so it looks awful with a white border running through the middle of it.

Also if anyone can assist? Is there a way I can change the scrollbars to something else without changing it in the stylesheet of the website?

Thanks in advance for any help, it will be much appreciated.

Dan

#2 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

I just had a look over the source. In the Function tWebCreate, When the browser panel is created it has the style "WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE". If you were to remove this line and recompile it would fix your first problem. As for your second I don't think there is anyway apart from stylesheets.

Edit: Got bored :tongue: I have recompiled TinyWeb so that border is no longer there. :thumbsup:
http://www.box.net/s...m81fj2x3jsk78qy

Edited by Mayhem Games, 23 October 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#3 Ormi

Ormi

GMC Member

• 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:40 PM

It hasn't worked unfortunately. Am I right in thinking recompiling a .bas simply involves opening the file in notepad, making the change and re-saving? Thanks

#4 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Looks liked you posted just as i edited my post :tongue: Check my edit above.

It hasn't worked unfortunately. Am I right in thinking recompiling a .bas simply involves opening the file in notepad, making the change and re-saving? Thanks

No you needed to download FbEdit and open the project included. Then compile it from inside FbEdit by selecting dll

Edited by Mayhem Games, 23 October 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#5 Ormi

Ormi

GMC Member

• 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Thankyou so much it has worked a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Ormi

Ormi

GMC Member

• 69 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Ok, I ran into a problem where I needed 2 seperate types of browsers. 1 with scrollbars and 1 without. I tried playing around with this and then failed. However it led me to think is there a way that I could create an object called (for example) obj_btn_uparrow and obj_btn_downarrow and when the uparrow is clicked it will scroll the embedded browser up and will go down for down. Would also be cool to have a tracker into between for scrolling (but no essential).

This would also resolve my other issue of wanting to change the style of the scrollbars.

I would be really grateful for any help. I am usually ok for figuring this stuff out myself but this has just been really complicated for me.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users