VOTING HAS FINISHED HERE
PREVIOUS Theme Choosen By theSnidr : LAWS
(thanks to Zeddidragon)
(thanks to ShadowLink)
Well, it looks like autumn is finally here! the leaves are falling, I've got the flu and half the GMC is back at school studying hard to be the next generation of Steve Jobs wannabes... BUT some things are more important than school and illness! And one of those things is the GMC Autumn Halloween Jam!!!! This time around we will be starting at 00:01 GMT Saturday 29th October and finishing at 23:59 GMT Monday 31st so get out those calendars and note down that you will have no life other than GM and the GMC until the next 72 hours have passed.
The rules are as follows :
WHAT IS IT?
- Starts Saturday 29th October
- 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday 29th ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday 31st
- Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it.
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, but will be valued when voting.
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages
- TO BE DISCUSSED
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. (Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme. see above.)
- Voters may give an "Honourable Mention" vote for a game whose features they liked, but wasn't good enough to win. These can be graphics, sound, gameplay, idea, etc.
- When voting, leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose. (Optional)
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game. Or NPT will be very miffed...
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish : EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be elligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- 1st place gets A GM Coupon for the latest version of GM:HTML5 (and a T_shirt and a Yoyo)!!!! (see addendum at the end for special circumstances)
- 2nd Place a T-Shirt and a Yoyo.
- 3rd Place a Yoyo
- Community Prizes will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
- Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube... Whatever
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. To all who donate their time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor I thank you very, very much! If you wish to add a community prize (web hosting, game reviews, advertising etc...) please post in this topic and I will PM you.
- Indie(Function) are offering reviews in their magazine for the top three games. Thanks to BretHudson for that!
- theUltimate will create signature banners for the Top Five games in the Jam. Thank you!
- Orange08 will write a poem for the winner!
- wormintheworks has offered a FREE COPY of his game "Antibody Blast" and a FREE PRE_ORDER COPY of his upcoming game "Sudz". Wonderful prizes there... thanks a lot!!!!
- Fireball16 offers a free windows copy of his game Penguin Perils on its release. Great stuff! Thanks a lot!
- RPSR1994 offers the top 5 to be Official Testers of his upcoming WIP, and if the game gets commercial, they will be awarded free Windows copies of it .
- ThatSnail says that for fifth place only, he will review the game on his blog as well as create a Let's Play.
- Rusty would like to offer 1st, 2nd and 3rd place a guest appearance in his upcoming pokemon game as gym leaders.
- jak1243 offers a copy of his game Platform Maze as a prize.
- IceMetalPunk will make banners for 1st and 2nd place.
- theg721 will give secret access to all the alpha and beta versions of his games til the Jam #8 discussion topic is opened to the winner.
- Gilden will send to the winner a RPG Graphics Pack that he values at $65 (screenshot here)
- Beatson (Of CrySet Games) is giving a banner on the home page of CrySet for the 1st place game, whilst also getting his game partnered on CrySet (custom background/banner on the game page). 2nd/3rd Get their game partnered on CrySet (custom background/banner on the game page). Partnered games will get twice as much revenue per download/play.
So thatīs the main deal with the Jam! As this is a community event, random teams are very much encouraged, so if you wish to make a team with anyone, send me a PM with your skills (programming, graphics, sound etc...) and a few days before the Jam you will be paired with someone to form a random team. You may also PM me if you wish to form a team but donīt know who with and I will place your name in this post so that anyone else looking for a teammate can PM you.
Remember everyone, the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible! Everyone that participated in the previous Jam had a great time and some fantastic and interesting games were produced, so lets see if we can make this next one even better! Oh, and to those that participated last time, PLEASE post links and screens in this topic of your games if you have continued to develop them as we are all very interested to know what became of some of them... And to everyone else, please post any questions or ideas here too so that they may be discussed by everyone, or even just post to show your support. The more the merrier!
These people are looking for TEAM MATES: (pm them if you are interested)
These people are going to make RANDOM TEAMS :
Some banners for your signature :