7 replies to this topic

#1 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Okay... I uploaded a game to YoYoGames' Sandbox on 13 October. It still isn't there, so I decided to check to see what the problem actually is.

Looking at http://sandbox.yoyog...sort=created_at, I see that there haven't been any games uploaded and approved by the virus scanner bot, and therefore posted as new games, since 11 October. Obviously the bot is not working. However, because every game uploaded to the sandbox requires a scan by the virus scanner bot, the sandbox itself does not work.

I hope that a YYG programmer will come look at this, as it is a major issue, despite the hype around HTML5.

Thank you!

~⑨

#2 fawful

fawful

dear leader

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

it usually finishes mine in a few minutes

#3 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Same here. However, many people have been having the same issue of the virus scanner not working. Go ahead, try and upload a game to the site. Then wait an hour.

#4 mads2194

mads2194

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I too am waiting for 3 days now for my game to be uploaded.

#5 beeproductions

beeproductions

Helping gmc users

• GMC Member
  • 1316 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

Well I don't think that the bot it's there just for fancy trancy effect.It's there for a purpose and I don't think it's ill just wait.:)It's taking me like 2 minutes after upload.

#6 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

Huh. I haven't seen a topic like this in ages.
I think the general rule of thumb is that if it takes way too long is to take it down and reupload? I don't know, can someone confirm this? I think that's what people used to say. :P

#7 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Your rule doesn't work when absolutely no games are being accepted due to the bot not working.
http://sandbox.yoyog...sort=created_at reveals that the most recently accepted game was submitted a full 6 days ago.

#8 Guest_yoyo_lee_*

Guest_yoyo_lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Just checked and the virus scanner is working fine and has been successfully processing games between the 11th and the 17th (today)

Occasionally, due to, I dunno, cosmic radiation, a game will drop out of the queue and fail to process - if your game has taken an inordinately long amount of time to process then this is the most likely scenario - to resolve this: Double check your files (make sure they aren't corrupt) and re-upload them.

Hope this helps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users