#1 TheMightyAxle

TheMightyAxle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 66 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hi ! ;)

I was just wondering whether anyone knows, could gather or guess, if the 'Import' and 'Export' features in GameMaker:Studio would be better and more compatible than GameMaker:HMTL5 ? Meaning, would more features be available and compatible ?

I know, probably a guessing game or wait and see !

Thanks ! ;)

#2 GS-games

GS-games

Creative

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

I don't think anyone on gmc know that yet. Sorry. Wait and see :/
EDIT: Game Maker HTML5 is going to be replaced by Game Maker Studio (without modules)
Game Maker Studio will have physics

Edited by GS-games, 22 May 2012 - 09:19 AM.

• Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

What do you mean "more compatible"?? Exporting is for GM81 and GMZ only. What else do you expect?

#4 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

YoYo Games Staff

• Administrators
  • 1238 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

I think he means will more functions and features from GM:8.1 be supported in GM:Studio, than are currently supported in GM:HTML5.

#5 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2357 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Which features specifically are you after?

HTML5 and Studio are the same code base so the short answer is that Studio is no different to HTML5 (apart from the multiple targets and some other professional features i.e. Source Control) so there is nothing in addition.

BUT we can make changes and add some things back in (as long as they are possible within the new structure of HTML5 i.e. GMX file structure) some of the GM81 Import features do not work or make sense within the new way of doing things.

Russell

#6 TheMightyAxle

TheMightyAxle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Sorry if there appears to be some confusion from my post.

I was just wondering at the time, whether the GM:Studio would export as near to the original GM code from Windows to HTML5, iOS, Android and C++ ?

As I remember shortly after there initial GM:HTML5 beta release, there were few things that didn't work for me initially. From what I understand now, is that HMTL5 has Javascript behind it and that some routines might not work as expected. The development team at YoYo Games have a done a marvellous job at getting most of the routines from Windows GM, working in HTML5. All praise, for sure ! :thumbsup:

With regards to iOS and Android, I was wondering whether the export to those, would be in package format ? Like for Android, it would be in .apk format. This would then be a simple process in copying the file to you favourite Android device, so to run and and test it from there. From what I understand from iOS, you would have to download / pay for a development kit which would include an emulator to test and run projects. I think $100 was the figure stated and a years membership or subscription, then renew if needed.

The only other thing I was thinking about, was high score tables. How they would link to GameCentre and OpenFeint ? Would this by via a small routine ?

Many thanks !

Alex. :thumbsup:

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

The C++ runner is much closer to GM81 that the HTML5 one (3D works etc.), but it still has some differences like GM:HTML5 does. the object depth system is the same for example.

I'm sure there will be stuff that doesn't work after launch, but there much less of a "feature not supported" than HTML5 has.

You will still need to be a registered developer to for iOS and Android.

There are new commands to deal with Game Centre and OpenFeint.

#8 azcodon

azcodon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

The C++ runner is much closer to GM81 that the HTML5 one (3D works etc.), but it still has some differences like GM:HTML5 does. the object depth system is the same for example.

I'm sure there will be stuff that doesn't work after launch, but there much less of a "feature not supported" than HTML5 has.

You will still need to be a registered developer to for iOS and Android.

There are new commands to deal with Game Centre and OpenFeint.

i hope gm htlm5 support multiplayer.no webgame engine is stronger gm html5,but it has just been single player.again i looking for a new engine continuosly,i have finish my game,its very cool,but in two week,i can not release my game because 'you play with your self' :))

Edited by azcodon, 25 January 2012 - 02:38 PM.

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Not currently, although others have done extensions to allow this.

There isn't proper cross browser support as yet, IE9 is decidedly lacking in anything that could be used for multiplayer.

#10 Smarty

Smarty

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 7470 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

There isn't proper cross browser support as yet, IE9 is decidedly lacking in anything that could be used for multiplayer.

Unless, of course, you're making a turn-based game. :tongue:

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

But then that would require some server side code, which isn't standard, and we can't control. Same deal :whistle:

#12 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

EDIT: I think it's better to create a new post for this question.

Maybe this is a noob question... how will Studio work for testing the game in mobile devices? (iOS, android) Through some sort of emulation? or how will I be able to test the game in such devices?

This two videos show the games actually working in the devices, but still it isn't clear how testing works:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QDyojHqlfuE
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Izq3w2azcY4

Edited by rucodemente, 01 February 2012 - 04:20 PM.

#13 GS-games

GS-games

Creative

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

As Mike.Dailly said: There are new commands to deal with Game Centre and OpenFeint.
Will this new commands be in drag and drop/DnD?

Edited by GS-games, 27 January 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#14 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4001 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

As Mike.Dailly said: There are new commands to deal with Game Centre and OpenFeint.
Will this new commands be in drag and drop/DnD?

Even if they would be not, one could create a library (.lib) to add D&D actions for these.

To say, would be rather interesting to see someone creating a multi-platform game without writing a single line of code.

#15 GS-games

GS-games

Creative

• GMC Member
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

I nearly always use GML to make games, but with variables in DnD you can actually make a very good game. The most people that play games don't think about what techniques that was used
to create the game. Posted Image

#16 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Hi Im very new (noob) in this and I don't know if here is the right topic for this..but you can help me with the exporting to IOS (game maker - studio)?
what are the steps, pls help me, I'm looking for days over internet and I did'd find something clear.what runner I will need, all the things
pls explain to me.thank you in advance so much.

#17 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

You'll need a iOS developer certificate, and a Mac.

Then, follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.yoyogame...:Studio_for_iOS

#18 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

hello again.
I have a new issue, now Im a registered developer on appstore, but when I follow all the steps in xcode, and when I copy the "Application Oven 1.0.dmg" - from gamemaker studio -IOS folder - to my mac (snow leopard) I cannot open because I need LION 10.7
what I can do?pls help me because I looked a lots of solution...
thank you

#19 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Update your version of GM:Studio, it has been fixed.

#20 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Update your version of GM:Studio, it has been fixed.

@rucodemente,
what do you mean?
when has been fixed?
and now will work on snow?
still not working, can you help me, because I really don't now what to do anymore...

Edited by catJACK, 08 March 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#21 rucodemente

rucodemente

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

From the release notes from version 1.0.95:

■Application Oven now runs on Snow Leopard - NOTE: you need to install XCode for this to work properly

To be honest, I've not tried it yet, because I haven't had time to get my apple developer license yet.

If you do have Xcode installed and the latest version of the app oven, then I'd suggest you to submit a bug report.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users