12 replies to this topic

#1 scotay

scotay

YoYo Games Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 147 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Today we are delighted to bring you YoYo's first Facebook game They Need To Be Fed!

http://apps.facebook...heyneedtobefed/

This is made with GameMaker:HTML5 Beta version and is the popular original game now on the new Facebook platform.

They Need To Be Fed is a game where you have to run and jump through 7 crazy worlds to feed the monsters. It doesn't matter which way you go: You can't fall off because of the 360°gravity. Jumping from rotating planes to moving ones, avoid dangers and collect diamonds. Each world has 7 exciting levels and a special "x" level to unlock.

They Need To Be Fed Lite is a free version with the first 3 worlds that you can just play, with the option to unlock the full game with just 10 Facebook credits.

We hope you are as excited about this as we are, it is an addictive game and hope to see you all playing soon!

YoYo Team

#2 Artaex Media

Artaex Media

Artaex Media

• GMC Member
  • 1531 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

You guys keep porting to other platforms, just give us an upgraded Game Maker!

Without it's crappy UI.

-RefluxLtd

Edited by Reflux Entertainment, 05 October 2011 - 09:33 AM.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19877 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

You guys keep porting to other platforms, just give us an upgraded Game Maker!

Without it's crappy UI.

-RefluxLtd

Don't be so stupid. This is not a port to another platform, its a demonstartion that their HTML5 games can be hosted on Facebook... A potentially lucrative market. You should be happy that they are publicising these things as the more people that buy the current "crappy UI" (?) versions of GM, the sooner Yoyo will be able to finish the much awaited GM9 (and you will be happier).

#4 nujuat

nujuat

Alex Tritt Games

• GMC Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

I have a few things to say...

First of all... I BEAT YOU TO IT! I still can't get over that! :biggrin:

Secondly, I like TNTBF, but it is twice the price of the iPod one and you get less levels and it runs at only a few frames per second when I'm using the newest Firefox beta 8, and every other HTML5 game works fine. So as much as I love the game, I'd say its not worth it, but saying that, I'll be off to get the last few stars on iPod tonight (4 to go)!

Thirdly, on the topic of Facebook, I've released a sequel to Super Awesome Pong called Super Awesome Invaders. Its SUPER AWESOME, what else can I say?

Sorry, I'm probably not "as excited about this as [you] are", but I definitely am about the fact that GM works with Facebook and my own apps being up there!

#5 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 1975 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

First of all we have had games working with Facebook weeks before we launched GM:HTML5, so sorry you were not first, we have just waited until we had all the Facebook Credits backend working (nothing to do with the actual game).

Second It is the same price as iOS version $1, of course currency conversion rates may change that... not our fault.

Third... super! the more the merrier.

Russell

#6 nujuat

nujuat

Alex Tritt Games

• GMC Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Mark said I was...

Edit: can I still keep my banner?...

Oh yeah, the credits. Well I guess that would be more time consuming! Free games would be much faster!

That makes sense with the price. We get overcharged for EVERYTHING in Australia! :sad:

Edited by nujuat, 05 October 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#7 ipq

ipq

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

For it is the FB test. But this struck me. Should the FB game last action to save FB account instead of cookies?

#8 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7521 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Dangit, you jerks are making it very hard to hold out until Studio to upgrade. :sweat: :turned:

#9 LeoInks

LeoInks

GMC Member

• 162 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Amazing , i remember myself playing that game when the winners were announced ( sorry , im not hipster enough to say i played it before it won the competition ) , now it has been ported to a lot of platforms , and now working on facebook , this shows how yoyogames evolved in just one year , cant wait for the future.

#10 AhmedElyamani

AhmedElyamani

Yamani

• GMC Member
  • 1887 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

pretty cool , Good job ,Yoyo .. you now have to think of making iso metrice games on face book to get global .. like Zynga games , and this makes pretty much money than just selling game maker it self Posted Image

Edited by ahmed # elyamani, 07 October 2011 - 07:23 AM.

#11 trickzter

trickzter

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

pretty cool , Good job ,Yoyo .. you now have to think of making iso metrice games on face book to get global .. like Zynga games , and this makes pretty much money than just selling game maker it self Posted Image

can you give us tutorial on how to upload my game in facebook?.. ^^

#12 njp

njp

Panda

• GMC Member
  • 2338 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

This web page is not available
The web page at https://yoyogames.com/TNTBF/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.Error 501 (net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

#13 Contingencee

Contingencee

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

An error occurred. Please try later

That's all I get when I try to play the Facebook version. I did play the free demo on the YYG's website though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users