77 replies to this topic

#51 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Sounds arn't working. When i try and run tutorial 1 (the 1945 one) the console says "Converting snd_explosion1.wav to MP3...OGG..." and it stops on that

First of all, please wait for the proper build.Second, please reports bugs through the bug reporting system, and not here.Third, first do some additional testing. Is it just this sound, or does it apply to all sounds? Sound definitely works for me. But conversion can be a bit slow when the sound is really long.

Telling me to wait for the proper build is like telling a 12 yr old to sleep on christmas eve. I have been up for the last 36 hours waiting for this :tongue:

Its all sounds. Even if i create a new project and import a sound not included with Game Maker HTML5 it doesn't work.

For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless, and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a dangerously perfect match. ~ Bill Bryson

#52 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4492 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Patiently waiting for tthe proper build to go live so I can spend this money burning a hole in my virtual pocket. Got a small project ready to port for some testing out then it'll be playing time, I miss getting a new toy and being really excited.

Edit :

@Mayhem Games : You should have just waited for dinner and not spoilt your appetite with tempting sugary treats.

Edited by @Alex@, 22 September 2011 - 11:18 AM.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#53 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

@@Alex@ What is this waiting you talk of? :laugh:

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM.

For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless, and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a dangerously perfect match. ~ Bill Bryson

#54 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4492 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

I speak of this error occuring whenever I attempt to purchase :

Oops. It looks like there's been an error
We've got an automated notification of the problem and we're are working as quickly as possible to fix this problem, so please check back soon. Thanks - The YoYoGames Team

found at this link : http://store.yoyogam...urchase/express after clicking Buy Now from this one : http://store.yoyogam...maker-for-html5

#55 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

I purchase mine through http://www.yoyogames...amemaker/html5. But its been changed back to september 22 not buy now

#56 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4492 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ye, I also went directly to the HTML5 page on the main site but it had a September 22 link that linked back to the page I was on, so that was a dead end.

#57 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Got sounds to work, just reinstalled. :thumbsup: While you wait for the "proper build" i can have a fiddle :biggrin:

#58 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 24183 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Children, children.... Don't you know that patience is a virtue?

(that and the fact that the mods get first download rights, so don't clutter up the server!!!!)

lz6lxdC.pngd7ZQQ3F.gifFlvJzyf.png

40799.png

#59 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Who needs patience when you have Game Maker HTML5 :tongue:

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#60 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8122 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

LOL... yeah, we're almost there guys. <...>

We'll tweet, blog, and generally shout very loud about it once it's "officially" out :biggrin:

I'll wait until the eager mobs are through storming the Bastille, before I try to purchase. Sounds like some minor issues need sorting.

No big deal. The discount coupon is good until September 27 (which coincidentally, is a Tuesday. The same day as the storming.)

#61 JonathanPzone

JonathanPzone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1215 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

The user list in this topic is so colorful. Red and Green, or rather, salmon and olive green. Reminds me of Christmas. ;)

I hope to purchase this before I leave today.

BRB 3 years for University

#62 NAL

NAL

(ง ͠ ͠ ل͜ )ง

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

It's out!

http://www.yoyogames...gamemaker/html5

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ mosig.png ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
Games: All | Innoquous 4 | Maddening Relapse | Ne Touchez Pas IV | The Hilarity Of Murder
Fonts: All | Xero's Theorem | Vermin Vibes Redux | Gang Wolfik | FoughtKnight
Twitter | YYG | YouTube | Facebook | PSN NAL-Games | Xbox NALGames | Wii U NALGames

#63 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

So how do i redownload since i have already brought
EDIT: Ignore its an update

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#64 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4492 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

At time of posting we have a Reviewer, a Moderator and an Admin viewing on top of other members. I suppose we need a Global Moderator and some-one from the GMCG to come on to complete the colours. I feel like I'm going off - topic so I'll just leave this topic now and go to something until the very loud shouting commences.

Well since I posted NAL posted a nice little link to buying that nicely let me purchase a product without a download : giving me this page here when I click the download button : http://www.yoyogames.com/html5

Edit again : I got a download link e-mailed to me apparently...

Mod Edit : Don't give a direct download link out.. you have been warned...

Edited by rwkay, 22 September 2011 - 12:03 PM.

#65 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 4579 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

So how do i redownload since i have already brought

Just do an update.... right click on the updater icon, and select "update"

#66 JonathanPzone

JonathanPzone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1215 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

Paypal isn't accepting my Debit... Weird, I guess it'll have to wait, then.

BRB 3 years for University

#67 scotay

scotay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

It is now LIVE!! Be patient though as there are a lot of people trying to go through now. Watch out on our twitter and facebook for promotions later this and next week!

#68 TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

$79 if you sign up right now. Go ahead and make it yourself, I myself have done some experimenting with HTML5 and javascript; getting a very basic "game" to run is not that difficult but GM really takes care of A LOT when it comes to features, optimising code, and cross-browser compatibility. And you get an easy IDE to work with as well. If you want to create a HTML5 game maker yourself, go ahead, but don't expect it to become as good as GM if it's a spare-time project.

How does one go about getting this promo code?

#69 pedrosorio

pedrosorio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 971 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

$79 if you sign up right now. Go ahead and make it yourself, I myself have done some experimenting with HTML5 and javascript; getting a very basic "game" to run is not that difficult but GM really takes care of A LOT when it comes to features, optimising code, and cross-browser compatibility. And you get an easy IDE to work with as well. If you want to create a HTML5 game maker yourself, go ahead, but don't expect it to become as good as GM if it's a spare-time project.

How does one go about getting this promo code?

It was an offer for the developers who registered to receive info about the beta before the release.
"Let's leave the classics for your parents." - KC LC

#70 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3174 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

how long do we get until the coupon code expires?

i cannot buy it until tomorrow...

#71 Yopenatal

Yopenatal

HystericalQuestioner

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

Tuesday September 27

Conquer and Repeat.

#72 TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

Tuesday September 27

I just bought the GM4 HTML5 but never got any coupon. I paid the full $99.00. Not complaining though. It looks to be well worth it.

#73 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3174 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

Tuesday September 27

I just bought the GM4 HTML5 but never got any coupon. I paid the full $99.00. Not complaining though. It looks to be well worth it.

Wait, did you JUST buy it? Like a couple seconds ago?

#74 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

any planned free demo verison or trial version. Even the most expensive software have free trial versions

#75 Schalk

Schalk

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 487 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:31 AM

I don't really think a trial is necessary. If you want a feel for how game maker works, go use Game Maker 8.1 Standard Edition for free.

Game Maker HTML5 Extensions
Mouse Extension | HTML Extension

#76 TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Tuesday September 27

Wait, did you JUST buy it? Like a couple seconds ago?

#77 ArcadiaDivine

ArcadiaDivine

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'm definitely going to buy this whenever I get a chance (A little late on posting, i know). Nice job yoyo games
Everything bound to life dies eventually.

#78 TheOctagonTheory

TheOctagonTheory

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

This is very late as I haven't visited this forum since my post, but Yes I did but it when it was released and when the discount coupon was in effect but it was handled in such a stupid way that I couldn't take advantage of the coupon. I found out about the coupon in this forum right after I bought the game. I asked the people in charge if I could somehow retroactively use the coupon, but was effectively told, sorry, you already bought GM HTML5 at full price and you are out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users