77 replies to this topic

#31 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9414 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

Google Chromium is open-source, right? So is there a way to hack it to bits and bundle our html5 games in with it to make it a standalone EXE?

GM HTML5 can export exes as well. Why would you want to hack Chrome to do it?

Man... I could even make entire WEBSITES with this, it's like, breaking all the rules! I'm very excited, this is going to be a very respectable tool for web development I'm sure.

Doing this would make your website about as popular as those websites created entirely in Flash.

#32 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

GM HTML5 can export exes as well. Why would you want to hack Chrome to do it?

Chrome is also compatible with linux and mac.

Doing this would make your website about as popular as those websites created entirely in Flash.

Not true. It doesn't all have to be sounds and moving images.

#33 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

Then I saw the RRP of $199 o_O, oh but beta is $99?
I was feeling a bit "blugh" about the $99 price tag, none-the-less I signed up for the beta LAST NIGHT. Then I wake up and I get a $20 discount code!? YESSSSS. I'm about 80% set on buying it, i'll have to try out the beta tomorrow though to make sure it's worth it (which I'm sure it will be).

Just to avoid some disappointment: you cannot try out the beta. There is no free trial version. You will simply have to buy it.

#34 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Just to avoid some disappointment: you cannot try out the beta. There is no free trial version. You will simply have to buy it.

Haha so you're saying I signed up to have the chance to buy the beta? So people who haven't signed up will have to wait till it is out of beta to purchase?

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark :). I still think I'll be buying it.

#35 JacksonYarr

JacksonYarr

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 248 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Haha so you're saying I signed up to have the chance to buy the beta? So people who haven't signed up will have to wait till it is out of beta to purchase?

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark :). I still think I'll be buying it.

No, the beta will be available to everyone at the price of $99 USD. When it comes out of beta, the price will change to $199 USD. Those who signed up for news on the beta version will receive an additional $20 USD discount - if they purchase it within the next few days.

What Mark means is that there won't be a free lite version of HTML5. If you're interested in trying the HTML5 version of Game Maker, you will have to purchase it.

Hope this clears things up.

Edit:
To clarify further, if you purchase the beta version of Game Maker HTML5 - You will not have to pay again once it comes out of beta.

Edited by JacksonYarr, 22 September 2011 - 08:07 AM.

#36 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

It's the 22nd in New Zealand. Let me purchase it already! :P Tehehe

#37 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9414 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

It's the 22nd in New Zealand. Let me purchase it already! :P Tehehe

Not only that, but it's been the 22nd for over 20 hours!

Chrome is also compatible with linux and mac.

You specifically said you wished to create an exe. exe's can only be run on Windows.

Anyway, we've spent years complaining that our audiences are limited due to not being web friendly, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't just share links.

If you wish, most browsers allow you to "Save as" a webpage, for offline use. So long as the user has a browser installed, then this could work.

Not true. It doesn't all have to be sounds and moving images.

But it does have to spend time on a loading screen, and it will cut out a significant number of users (at least 30%, more depending on what systems GMHTML5 relies on).

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 22 September 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#38 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark Posted Image. I still think I'll be buying it.

No, the beta will be available to everyone at the price of $99 USD. When it comes out of beta, the price will change to $199 USD. Those who signed up for news on the beta version will receive an additional $20 USD discount - if they purchase it within the next few days.

What Mark means is that there won't be a free lite version of HTML5. If you're interested in trying the HTML5 version of Game Maker, you will have to purchase it.

Hope this clears things up.

Edit:
To clarify further, if you purchase the beta version of Game Maker HTML5 - You will not have to pay again once it comes out of beta.

Exactly right.

And there is just a few hours left to wait.

#39 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9414 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

The 22nd is over in a few hours :(.

I guess I'll just have to spend all weekend playing with it :D. When I think about it, it's a perfect release time :)

#40 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

The 22nd is over in a few hours :(.

I guess I'll just have to spend all weekend playing with it :D. When I think about it, it's a perfect release time :)

We probably should have said: Sept 22, UK time.

#41 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9414 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

We probably should have said: Sept 22, UK time.

It was implied, but we just like to complain :P

#42 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Buying Now =)

#43 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Buying Now =)

Surely you jest! D:

#44 LegacyCrono

LegacyCrono

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 616 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Squeee! http://store.yoyogam...maker-for-html5
But looks fishy IMHO, I'll wait a bit more

#45 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image
EDIT: Can confirm its working =) Project setup reminds me of visual studio. Does it matter what update steam you choose?

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 10:42 AM.

• Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

LOL... yeah, we're almost there guys. As things go up, some issues in the store have become apparent. A couple of folk have managed to buy and download it, but you will have to do an update and re-enter your key when the proper build goes up.

We'll tweet, blog, and generally shout very loud about it once it's "officially" out :biggrin:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited to see what everyone does with it!!

Mike

#47 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Noooooo! I keep getting an error when I click "buy now" damn guess I'll have to wait an extra five mins :P

EDIT: Oh..... nm

Edited by Rani_sputnik, 22 September 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#48 PhiL Blunt

PhiL Blunt

GMC Member

• 112 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

so.. does the extra discount end @ 00:00 GMT on the 27th or 23:59 GMT?

#49 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Sounds arn't working. When i try and run tutorial 1 (the 1945 one) the console says "Converting snd_explosion1.wav to MP3...OGG..." and it stops on that

#50 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Sounds arn't working. When i try and run tutorial 1 (the 1945 one) the console says "Converting snd_explosion1.wav to MP3...OGG..." and it stops on that

First of all, please wait for the proper build.

Second, please reports bugs through the bug reporting system, and not here.

Third, first do some additional testing. Is it just this sound, or does it apply to all sounds?

Sound definitely works for me. But conversion can be a bit slow when the sound is really long.

#51 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

First of all, please wait for the proper build.Second, please reports bugs through the bug reporting system, and not here.Third, first do some additional testing. Is it just this sound, or does it apply to all sounds? Sound definitely works for me. But conversion can be a bit slow when the sound is really long.

Telling me to wait for the proper build is like telling a 12 yr old to sleep on christmas eve. I have been up for the last 36 hours waiting for this :tongue:

Its all sounds. Even if i create a new project and import a sound not included with Game Maker HTML5 it doesn't work.

#52 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4280 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Patiently waiting for tthe proper build to go live so I can spend this money burning a hole in my virtual pocket. Got a small project ready to port for some testing out then it'll be playing time, I miss getting a new toy and being really excited.

Edit :

@Mayhem Games : You should have just waited for dinner and not spoilt your appetite with tempting sugary treats.

Edited by @Alex@, 22 September 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#53 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

@@Alex@ What is this waiting you talk of? :laugh:

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 11:23 AM.

#54 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4280 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

I speak of this error occuring whenever I attempt to purchase :

Oops. It looks like there's been an error
We've got an automated notification of the problem and we're are working as quickly as possible to fix this problem, so please check back soon. Thanks - The YoYoGames Team

found at this link : http://store.yoyogam...urchase/express after clicking Buy Now from this one : http://store.yoyogam...maker-for-html5

#55 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

I purchase mine through http://www.yoyogames...amemaker/html5. But its been changed back to september 22 not buy now

#56 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4280 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ye, I also went directly to the HTML5 page on the main site but it had a September 22 link that linked back to the page I was on, so that was a dead end.

#57 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

Got sounds to work, just reinstalled. :thumbsup: While you wait for the "proper build" i can have a fiddle :biggrin:

#58 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 22053 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Children, children.... Don't you know that patience is a virtue?

(that and the fact that the mods get first download rights, so don't clutter up the server!!!!)

#59 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Who needs patience when you have Game Maker HTML5 :tongue:

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#60 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7516 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

LOL... yeah, we're almost there guys. <...>

We'll tweet, blog, and generally shout very loud about it once it's "officially" out :biggrin:

I'll wait until the eager mobs are through storming the Bastille, before I try to purchase. Sounds like some minor issues need sorting.

No big deal. The discount coupon is good until September 27 (which coincidentally, is a Tuesday. The same day as the storming.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users