77 replies to this topic

#1 scotay

scotay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 147 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

GameMaker:HTML5 is available to buy Thursday 22nd September 2011 directly from our site here - http://yoyogames.com/gamemaker/html5

We will send an update to all those who signed up for the news later today, with a special thank you included ;) You can *still* sign up for a little while longer today before we close it- http://yoyogames.com...aker/html5/beta

A big gratitude to all the Alpha testers on the GMC and developers who spent time and effort giving us invaluable feedback. We hope to keep continuing to improve so we look forward to hearing what you think once you get your hands on it!

Kirsty

#2 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Once released is there going to be seperate fourm sections for GMHTML5?

For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless, and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a dangerously perfect match. ~ Bill Bryson

#3 Davve

Davve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4065 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Once released is there going to be seperate fourm sections for GMHTML5?

Herp derp.

1Amdi.png Swxmo.png RDHEw.png 17Ezd.png

#4 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

:whistle: I mean for game creations, help ect...

For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless, and then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a dangerously perfect match. ~ Bill Bryson

#5 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image I mean for game creations, help ect...

I guess this is the place to post about these things. When it starts growing too big it probably makes sense to split this in several forums.
Please post links to you GameMaker: HTML5 creations on the web.I am sure everybody is interested in seeing what is possible.
Mark Overmars, YoYo Games, www.yoyogames.com

Twitter:
twitter.com/mark_overmars
Check out my book The Game Maker's Apprentice
Buy my iPhone/iPad/Android game Super Snake HD

#6 JonathanPzone

JonathanPzone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1215 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

Now that it's nearing the deadline, I'm getting a stronger irrational fear that I mispelt my email address in the form.
I originally thought it was okay when I received the email saying the release date, but then I realized they might have just gotten my email from when I purchased GM.

But I don't want to risk signing up again.

BRB 3 years for University

#7 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

Now that it's nearing the deadline, I'm getting a stronger irrational fear that I mispelt my email address in the form.
I originally thought it was okay when I received the email saying the release date, but then I realized they might have just gotten my email from when I purchased GM.

But I don't want to risk signing up again.

There is no problem with signing up a second time for the beta if you are not sure. It does not force you to buy the product. You will simply get a mail when it is available with further instructions.

Twitter:

#8 JonathanPzone

JonathanPzone

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1215 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Ah. The email has already been used. That's reassuring. :happy:
Only one more day.

I'll see if I can emulate textured 3d with draw_triangle. Sounds like a good challenge.

BRB 3 years for University

#9 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

How big is the download going to be as i'm currently on 3G

#10 RPSR1994

RPSR1994

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 330 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

I've read many things about the HTML5 but I never read if there is going to be a free version of it or if there will only be a paid version. Can someone answer me this question or many post a link to some post that might have missed me?

Thanks
Spoiler

Team Request Post

#11 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3054 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

I've applied for beta yesterday, still no reply. I love big companies.
EDIT: Oh how wonderfull... Just got it! See how a nudge works like a charm.

PS: Mark that's some code... I mean really!
PPS: Please make the standard GM look like html... It's way cooler.

Edited by Shadowrend, 21 September 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#12 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

with a special thank you included

I just got my "special thank you"

#13 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

I don;t think the nudge had any effect.

And this is not my code. It was all done by the guys in Dundee.

Twitter:

#14 Guest_foundmarble_*

Guest_foundmarble_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Wow, I cannot believe I am getting this excited about a product! I havenít been this excited about a program since the sequel of Space Quest back in my teen years. :biggrin:

I have only been using GM for a few months now (I really wish I would have stumbled upon this sooner), however, I can see HUGE possibilities for this new installment of GM. Not just for Games. I wanted to try it out putting it through a couple tests on a few of my websites. It may not replace Flash, however, it could start the ball rolling with a little competition. GAME ON!
:thumbsup:

#15 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3054 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

I don;t think the nudge had any effect.

And this is not my code. It was all done by the guys in Dundee.

Yeah I guess the email was scheduled for the time, and what a coincidence I nailed when to post :D (Not irony)
Send them my regards, and give them a pat on the back on how imaginative they are.

Edited by Shadowrend, 21 September 2011 - 05:41 PM.

#16 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8498 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

With today's announcement email, YYGs has included an even greater incentive than their generous $100 off during the Beta period deal. They have also included a $20 off promo-code (expires Sept 27) creating a price of only $79.

Thank you!

keep_crap_150_zpsd7af69c5.png

#17 ihato

ihato

Destroyed

• Banned Users
  • 739 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

This costs $99 to buy?! I'm gonna make this my self!

#18 Medusar

Medusar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1228 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

$79 if you sign up right now. Go ahead and make it yourself, I myself have done some experimenting with HTML5 and javascript; getting a very basic "game" to run is not that difficult but GM really takes care of A LOT when it comes to features, optimising code, and cross-browser compatibility. And you get an easy IDE to work with as well. If you want to create a HTML5 game maker yourself, go ahead, but don't expect it to become as good as GM if it's a spare-time project.

Posted Image

Q: Why do programmers always get Christmas and Halloween mixed up?
A: Because DEC 25 = OCT 31

#19 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8050 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

They have also included a $20 off promo-code (expires Sept 27) creating a price of only $79.

I just checked my email and saw that. :smile: This is a really generous gesture. Thanks YoYoGames!

#20 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4398 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

The additional discount is very nice. It's brings the price to a little over £50* which is more than reasonable. Sheesh I thought the $100 discount was great, nice surprise. I have the day off tomorrow so expect me to buy and play with it as soon as possible.

*using todays exchange rate published in my local newspaper and not paypals exchange rate, shouldn't make much of a difference.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#21 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8498 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

They have also included a $20 off promo-code (expires Sept 27) creating a price of only $79.

I just checked my email and saw that. :smile: This is a really generous gesture. Thanks YoYoGames!

Let's also not forget that Sandy has tweeted that buyers of GM:HTML5 will get a discount off of Studio that will atleast be worth $99.

Even if you are not interested in GM:HTML5 but are interested in Studio, you would be a fool to not take advantage of these offers.

keep_crap_150_zpsd7af69c5.png

#22 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8050 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Let's also not forget that Sandy has tweeted that buyers of GM:HTML5 will get a discount off of Studio that will atleast be worth $99.

Yeah... I was wondering about that after I saw the $20 discount (making the price $79).

Keeping the $99 Studio discount would be great. But I wouldn't complain if they revised the Studio discount to only $79 -- despite Sandy's earlier statement.

#23 GStick

GStick

All Secrets Exposed

• GMC Member
  • 1957 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

I suppose this isn't completely off topic in this... topic. But shouldn't this forum be under "GameMaker General Discussion"?

Posted Image
The next generation of Game Maker fighting games? More like the best.
Showdown Academy | Showdown Academy Blog

Check out my new album at last.fm: KatazTrophee

#24 scotay

scotay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

I suppose this isn't completely off topic in this... topic. But shouldn't this forum be under "GameMaker General Discussion"?

For now it is staying here for the launch period. It will be moved to sit amongst the other GameMakers at a later date.

#25 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

Well, I think that extra £10ish discount has just about persuaded me. I'll be getting it. It better not disappoint me... :P
(Although, apart from the horrible GUI, it's looking pretty good so far.)

Edited by Dark Matter, 21 September 2011 - 08:48 PM.

String Distortion (Now Staff Picked!)

The .gmx format disassembly

I'm always happy to help with a problem or question you have regarding Game Maker. Feel free to ask me anything you want!

#26 Shadowrend

Shadowrend

Master of Shadows

• GMC Member
  • 3054 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

Using the information we have with a simple formula we get the price of the GM Studio:
price= 199:20 == x:99
price= 20x == 199*99
price= 20x == 19701
price= x ==19701/20
price= x= 985.05

That means the GM Studio price is going to be around $ 985.05 USD, without the $99 USD discount, should they use this kind of (9.95%) discount.

Edited by Shadowrend, 21 September 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#27 PhiL Blunt

PhiL Blunt

GMC Member

• 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

will we be able to use the extra discount on the 27th? or has to be before? (end of the month pay day, the well is dry squire)
Mature, Chilled & Friendly. Low level poster. I Don't really have that much to say TBH.
twitter: @Blunt_Games, websites: www.bluntgames.co.uk - www.ignitegamejam.com - www.bluntconcepts.wordpress.com - urbanbeatz music store - Nogrip (MODS)

#28 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Yep, I'm pumped!

I'm curious to hear from YYG's, what HTML5 means for them&the community... is it simply a product, or are we going to see some integration into the yoyogames gaming site? Maybe even flash-style 'sponsorship' for some games?
HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#29 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

Released on my birthday :D . Too bad I'm a broke college kid now who can't afford it :( .

-IMP

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#30 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

Before the HTML5 version was available, I was thinking to myself "god damnit, why, WHYYYY, can't someone make something JUST like game maker, but make it compatible with HTML5!?"

And then later on I heard about yoyogames' plan and I was over the moon. The potential, of this, is unlimited.

This could easily be used to work with the future windows 8 metro too I assume. If it works with internet explorer 9 (and it does) then surely there will be some kind of simple wrapper that can be placed around the html5 codes to get it to work on practically anything.

Then I saw the RRP of $199 o_O, oh but beta is $99?
I was feeling a bit "blugh" about the $99 price tag, none-the-less I signed up for the beta LAST NIGHT. Then I wake up and I get a $20 discount code!? YESSSSS. I'm about 80% set on buying it, i'll have to try out the beta tomorrow though to make sure it's worth it (which I'm sure it will be).
So I'm quite happy. I've got all the logic down in my head to program but can't be F'ed trying to learn canvas, webgl and all that gritty stuff that comes along with html5 programming.

Google Chromium is open-source, right? So is there a way to hack it to bits and bundle our html5 games in with it to make it a standalone EXE?

Man... I could even make entire WEBSITES with this, it's like, breaking all the rules! I'm very excited, this is going to be a very respectable tool for web development I'm sure.

#31 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9420 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

Google Chromium is open-source, right? So is there a way to hack it to bits and bundle our html5 games in with it to make it a standalone EXE?

GM HTML5 can export exes as well. Why would you want to hack Chrome to do it?

Man... I could even make entire WEBSITES with this, it's like, breaking all the rules! I'm very excited, this is going to be a very respectable tool for web development I'm sure.

Doing this would make your website about as popular as those websites created entirely in Flash.

#32 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

GM HTML5 can export exes as well. Why would you want to hack Chrome to do it?

Chrome is also compatible with linux and mac.

Doing this would make your website about as popular as those websites created entirely in Flash.

Not true. It doesn't all have to be sounds and moving images.

#33 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

Then I saw the RRP of $199 o_O, oh but beta is $99?
I was feeling a bit "blugh" about the $99 price tag, none-the-less I signed up for the beta LAST NIGHT. Then I wake up and I get a $20 discount code!? YESSSSS. I'm about 80% set on buying it, i'll have to try out the beta tomorrow though to make sure it's worth it (which I'm sure it will be).

Just to avoid some disappointment: you cannot try out the beta. There is no free trial version. You will simply have to buy it.

Twitter:

#34 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Just to avoid some disappointment: you cannot try out the beta. There is no free trial version. You will simply have to buy it.

Haha so you're saying I signed up to have the chance to buy the beta? So people who haven't signed up will have to wait till it is out of beta to purchase?

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark :). I still think I'll be buying it.

#35 JacksonYarr

JacksonYarr

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Haha so you're saying I signed up to have the chance to buy the beta? So people who haven't signed up will have to wait till it is out of beta to purchase?

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark :). I still think I'll be buying it.

No, the beta will be available to everyone at the price of $99 USD. When it comes out of beta, the price will change to $199 USD. Those who signed up for news on the beta version will receive an additional $20 USD discount - if they purchase it within the next few days.

What Mark means is that there won't be a free lite version of HTML5. If you're interested in trying the HTML5 version of Game Maker, you will have to purchase it.

Hope this clears things up.

Edit:
To clarify further, if you purchase the beta version of Game Maker HTML5 - You will not have to pay again once it comes out of beta.

Edited by JacksonYarr, 22 September 2011 - 08:07 AM.

#36 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

It's the 22nd in New Zealand. Let me purchase it already! :P Tehehe

My games - Boy Goes to Space, Proleague (Facebook & Kongregate), Making WayJam Tart (GMCJam#14) and Seal Fighter

Currently working on FloxGM - All-in-one backend for leaderboards, scores, cross device saves and analytics

Check out my website: ryanloader.me, or follow me: twitter.com/RaniSputnik

#37 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9420 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

It's the 22nd in New Zealand. Let me purchase it already! :P Tehehe

Not only that, but it's been the 22nd for over 20 hours!

Chrome is also compatible with linux and mac.

You specifically said you wished to create an exe. exe's can only be run on Windows.

Anyway, we've spent years complaining that our audiences are limited due to not being web friendly, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't just share links.

If you wish, most browsers allow you to "Save as" a webpage, for offline use. So long as the user has a browser installed, then this could work.

Not true. It doesn't all have to be sounds and moving images.

But it does have to spend time on a loading screen, and it will cut out a significant number of users (at least 30%, more depending on what systems GMHTML5 relies on).

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 22 September 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#38 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

That's fine I guess, thanks for the tip mark Posted Image. I still think I'll be buying it.

No, the beta will be available to everyone at the price of $99 USD. When it comes out of beta, the price will change to $199 USD. Those who signed up for news on the beta version will receive an additional $20 USD discount - if they purchase it within the next few days.

What Mark means is that there won't be a free lite version of HTML5. If you're interested in trying the HTML5 version of Game Maker, you will have to purchase it.

Hope this clears things up.

Edit:
To clarify further, if you purchase the beta version of Game Maker HTML5 - You will not have to pay again once it comes out of beta.

Exactly right.

And there is just a few hours left to wait.

Twitter:

#39 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9420 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

The 22nd is over in a few hours :(.

I guess I'll just have to spend all weekend playing with it :D. When I think about it, it's a perfect release time :)

#40 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

The 22nd is over in a few hours :(.

I guess I'll just have to spend all weekend playing with it :D. When I think about it, it's a perfect release time :)

We probably should have said: Sept 22, UK time.

Twitter:

#41 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9420 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

We probably should have said: Sept 22, UK time.

It was implied, but we just like to complain :P

#42 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Buying Now =)

#43 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Buying Now =)

Surely you jest! D:
HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#44 LegacyCrono

LegacyCrono

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 616 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Squeee! http://store.yoyogam...maker-for-html5
But looks fishy IMHO, I'll wait a bit more

Posted Image

#45 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image
EDIT: Can confirm its working =) Project setup reminds me of visual studio. Does it matter what update steam you choose?

Edited by Mayhem Games, 22 September 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#46 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 4508 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:41 AM

LOL... yeah, we're almost there guys. As things go up, some issues in the store have become apparent. A couple of folk have managed to buy and download it, but you will have to do an update and re-enter your key when the proper build goes up.

We'll tweet, blog, and generally shout very loud about it once it's "officially" out :biggrin:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really excited to see what everyone does with it!!

Mike

#47 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Noooooo! I keep getting an error when I click "buy now" damn guess I'll have to wait an extra five mins :P

EDIT: Oh..... nm

Edited by Rani_sputnik, 22 September 2011 - 10:44 AM.

My games - Boy Goes to Space, Proleague (Facebook & Kongregate), Making WayJam Tart (GMCJam#14) and Seal Fighter

Currently working on FloxGM - All-in-one backend for leaderboards, scores, cross device saves and analytics

Check out my website: ryanloader.me, or follow me: twitter.com/RaniSputnik

#48 PhiL Blunt

PhiL Blunt

GMC Member

• 112 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

so.. does the extra discount end @ 00:00 GMT on the 27th or 23:59 GMT?
Mature, Chilled & Friendly. Low level poster. I Don't really have that much to say TBH.
twitter: @Blunt_Games, websites: www.bluntgames.co.uk - www.ignitegamejam.com - www.bluntconcepts.wordpress.com - urbanbeatz music store - Nogrip (MODS)

#49 Mayhem Games

Mayhem Games

Proud Kiwi

• GMC Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Sounds arn't working. When i try and run tutorial 1 (the 1945 one) the console says "Converting snd_explosion1.wav to MP3...OGG..." and it stops on that

#50 Mark Overmars

Mark Overmars

Game Maker Creator

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Sounds arn't working. When i try and run tutorial 1 (the 1945 one) the console says "Converting snd_explosion1.wav to MP3...OGG..." and it stops on that

First of all, please wait for the proper build.

Second, please reports bugs through the bug reporting system, and not here.

Third, first do some additional testing. Is it just this sound, or does it apply to all sounds?

Sound definitely works for me. But conversion can be a bit slow when the sound is really long.

Twitter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users