YoYo's Helpdesk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

I know that topics like this are frowned upon, but I don't know where else I'm supposed to go to have this resolved.

I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk 20 days ago, and I still have not had a reply. I marked the problem as "urgent" because Game Maker (GM4Mac) spontaneously stopped accepting my license number and I can no longer run the program.

I'm hoping this topic will bring the issue of the Helpdesk to their attention- not just on my behalf, but on behalf of all the people who are surely waiting for support.

Perhaps some other members or moderators on this forum could suggest more reliable ways of contacting YoYo.

So again- sorry if I'm breaking any of the rules, but it is frustrating that I can't use the software I paid for, without any sign of it changing. I think most other companies would have resolved this issue in days, not weeks.

Edited by Polystyrene Man, 11 September 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 22598 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Actually there is no problem with this type of topic... We frown on people posting pointless "Yoyo Games are evil tyrants" topics, but this is fine! You aren't the only one unfortunately to complain about the help desk as I have recently seen a few topics where people are complaining about the lack of attention.

Apart from hoping that one of the Yoyo guys (who are vary active on this forum) sees this and replies (which is quite likely), have you tried the contact forms here?

http://www.yoyogames.com/help/contact

Maybe sending them a reminder or a query from there would help?

#3 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Actually there is no problem with this type of topic... We frown on people posting pointless "Yoyo Games are evil tyrants" topics, but this is fine! You aren't the only one unfortunately to complain about the help desk as I have recently seen a few topics where people are complaining about the lack of attention.

Apart from hoping that one of the Yoyo guys (who are vary active on this forum) sees this and replies (which is quite likely), have you tried the contact forms here?

http://www.yoyogames.com/help/contact

Maybe sending them a reminder or a query from there would help?

I actually just filled out a contact form, but thanks for the help! I also submitted a bug report, as I'm sure that's where the problem lies.

I didn't know that "the Yoyo guys" peruse these forums, but that's good to hear.

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7709 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

I submitted a ticket to the Helpdesk 20 days ago, and I still have not had a reply.

That's certainly not normal. Others have said their tickets were answered within 1-2 days... or several days in a few cases.

The HelpDesk isn't necessarily fast -- but after 20 days, it's safe to assume the ticket got lost. Or maybe it wasn't recorded correctly for some reason.

#5 Druid TC

Druid TC

Forever Floyd

• GMC Member
  • 1581 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I've had a similar problem - my ticket was sent in 46 days ago and has not received any attention I know of.

#6 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2588 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

We do appear to have an issue at the helpdesk, too many reports of tickets being submitted and unseen at our end - we are currently evaluating alternatives and are looking to migrate in the near future (next couple of weeks)... We need to migrate all the current tickets (that we know about), bear with us.

If it is urgent then file a bug at bugs.yoyogames.com or gm4mac.yoyogames.com they are being reviewed frequently.

#7 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 22598 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

Thnak you for the reply Russel!

#8 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

We do appear to have an issue at the helpdesk, too many reports of tickets being submitted and unseen at our end - we are currently evaluating alternatives and are looking to migrate in the near future (next couple of weeks)... We need to migrate all the current tickets (that we know about), bear with us.

If it is urgent then file a bug at bugs.yoyogames.com or gm4mac.yoyogames.com they are being reviewed frequently.

It looks like the last bug to be "resolved" was back in April.

Honestly, this is pretty ridiculous. Among the reported bugs are numerous reports of crashes. I can't even open the program. People have been waiting 46+ days for a response to the Helpdesk. You need to look after your customers.

Edited by Polystyrene Man, 12 September 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#9 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7709 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

We do appear to have an issue at the helpdesk, too many reports of tickets being submitted and unseen at our end - we are currently evaluating alternatives and are looking to migrate in the near future (next couple of weeks)... .

Glad to hear this will get resolved.

A bit off-topic... but related: who answers the questions and resolves the issues at the HelpDesk? Are there separate YYG staff hired for this? Or is this the collective responsibility of the regular technical staff (like you, mike, and the other programmers)?

#10 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Don't go here, http://yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com/

Go here, http://yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com/

I reported this to YoYo a while back. Obviously not fixed yet.

...too many reports of tickets being submitted and unseen at our end...

I would have not said that publicly.

#11 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 4157 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

I would have not said that publicly.

Really? We can either say the 3rd party software we're using is flawed, and we've finally verified it's losing tickets, than letting folk assume we don't care and will leave tickets unanswered for MONTHS at a time.

You really think the second one is better? I guess we could have fibbed, and blamed the user... But that's just as wrong.

Truth is, we've suspected an issue for a while, but we finally managed to prove it. Theres an issue with the helpdesk software, and letting users KNOW this, means they'll try again to get in touch, rather than waiting weeks and getting more frustrated and angry as time goes on. This is terrible, particularly as we have NO IDEA they are trying to get in touch.

Helpdesk queries are usually responded to within a few days, although depending on holidays, it might be a little longer. But in general if you haven't heard within a week, then theres been an issue, and you should try again.

We are evaluating some new helpdesk solutions so we can eliminate the issue, and give the support users are expecting.

#12 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7709 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

So Mike... just curious: both of those links/pages should be useable?

http://yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com/ AND http://yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com/ should both work?

I think some people were suspicious that the first link (the old one, apparently) might be putting the tickets into some abandoned queue that didn't get checked anymore.

Edited by chance, 13 September 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#13 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8362 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

http://yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com/ AND http://yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com/ should both work?

I think some people were suspicious that the first link (the old one, apparently) might be putting the tickets into some abandoned queue that didn't get checked anymore.

I created an account on yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com
I then immediately tried to login to the yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com with the same account and could not login in. So it appears that the two URLs use a different user database, that suggests that there might well be a different ticket database as well.

Nice find FlashPulse.

#14 Polystyrene Man

Polystyrene Man

Fake Plastic Fun

• 702 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:30 PM

I created an account on yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com
I then immediately tried to login to the yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com with the same account and could not login in. So it appears that the two URLs use a different user database, that suggests that there might well be a different ticket database as well.

Nice find FlashPulse.

Agreed, good find. The "Support" tab links to the broken Helpdesk. I did notice that I had to create a new account, but I just assumed I had forgotten my login information (somehow...)

In any case, I've submitted a new ticket, so we'll see how long it takes from here.

#15 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

You really think the second one is better?

I know it is. It works. The one from the new webpage isn't linked properly in order for YoYo to respond. I have submitted to the bad link weeks ago with no response. As soon as I used the "working" one, I get a response much sooner.

The 3rd party software isn't flawed. It's the webmasters flaw.

Edited by FLASHPULSE, 14 September 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#16 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member
  • 4935 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:58 AM

I know it is. It works. The one from the new webpage isn't linked properly in order for YoYo to respond. I have submitted to the bad link weeks ago with no response. As soon as I used the "working" one, I get a response much sooner.

Yeah, hard to believe that tickets would randomly just drop out of existence.

Waiting for YYG to confirm the error.

Edited by icuurd12b42, 15 September 2011 - 01:46 AM.
large animation gif removed

#17 conman124

conman124

The Almighty!

• 282 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

He was saying the second option here:

Really? We can either say the 3rd party software we're using is flawed, and we've finally verified it's losing tickets, than letting folk assume we don't care and will leave tickets unanswered for MONTHS at a time.

The second option being

letting folk assume we don't care and will leave tickets unanswered for MONTHS at a time.

I choose the first option of him publicly saying that there is a problem that they have discovered and are trying to fix.

--Conman124

#18 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

But the point is, there wasn't much care for the users. As I had reported this weeks ago (7-28-2011). Any webmaster could have edited the php or whatever it's written in to fix it a long time ago. It should have been fixed in a day.

It seems YoYo's priorities are focused on releasing games to mobile device stores, making the website look better, messing with the forum colors, talking about what is coming, and bla bla bla. All is nice but there has to be some support and development (talking about the Mac version). Just seems there's too much talking and nothing is getting done.

Edited by FLASHPULSE, 14 September 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#19 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8362 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

But the point is, there wasn't much care for the users. As I had reported this weeks ago (7-28-2011). Any webmaster could have edited the php or whatever it's written in to fix it a long time ago. It should have been fixed in a day.

It seems YoYo's priorities are focused on releasing games to mobile device stores, making the website look better, messing with the forum colors, talking about what is coming, and bla bla bla. All is nice but there has to be some support and development (talking about the Mac version). Just seems there's too much talking and nothing is getting done.

No, it's more likely that the person who took your report didn't understand the ramifications of your report. A correlation between what you reported and lost helpdesk tickets hadn't been made.

Mistakes, whether they are technical or human happen all the time. The GMC is just full of people who like to play their superiority card by demonizing YYGs. You're not, you're demonstrating that you don't have any real world experience.

#20 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member
  • 4935 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

No, it's more likely that the person who took your report didn't understand the ramifications of your report. A correlation between what you reported and lost helpdesk tickets hadn't been made.

... And simply tossing it aside was the correct way to handle it? Maybe all these "missing" tickets are just the idiotic helpdesk employees who discard the ticket when they don't see a correlation between anything. According to your logic anyway.

It seems YoYo's priorities are focused on [...] making the website look better

They did such a wonderful job :yucky:

yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com and yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com are obviously completely different systems, so the question is:
Are the ticket handlers responding to tickets submitted to both locations? Likely not.
Since yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com is the newer version, I assume employees were instructed to use the new URL.

[/img]stop wasting my bandwidth[/img]

Edited by icuurd12b42, 15 September 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#21 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

Mistakes, whether they are technical or human happen all the time. The GMC is just full of people who like to play their superiority card by demonizing YYGs. You're not, you're demonstrating that you don't have any real world experience.

No, YoYo understood my report ticket and they acknowledge the help desk error at the time I reported it. I understand mistakes can be made. But this was no mistake. It was just ignored after being reported.

Also, I'm not here to bash GameMaker. I was using it back in 2000 and 2001. And I've enjoyed it. But took some time off from that and actively programming in PureBasic for the last 9 years. But now after coming back to GameMaker here recently, it hasn't been as pleasant as in the past.

As for experienced, I more then qualified, in both 2D and 3D.

#22 scotay

scotay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:10 AM

This has now been fixed. This subtle change in the link had gone unnoticed and can only sincerely apologise for anyone who sent a query through this. By all accounts it looked and felt exactly as it should but... it has been a source of mystery for a while why some tickets had gone 'missing'. :sad: Our mistake!

We do consider the tickets very important and respond to all queries within a few days. The Helpdesk is closed over the weekends so Mondays tend to be the busiest, just so you know. Hopefully we will have a new helpdesk set up in the very near future, which will not only track all tickets more securely but can provide other sources of info/resources that can help with what you need faster. :thumbsup:

#23 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8362 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

And simply tossing it aside was the correct way to handle it? Maybe all these "missing" tickets are just the idiotic helpdesk employees who discard the ticket when they don't see a correlation between anything. According to your logic anyway.

Never suggested that at all.

#24 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

This has now been fixed. This subtle change in the link had gone unnoticed and can only sincerely apologise for anyone who sent a query through this. By all accounts it looked and felt exactly as it should but... it has been a source of mystery for a while why some tickets had gone 'missing'. :sad: Our mistake!

We do consider the tickets very important and respond to all queries within a few days. The Helpdesk is closed over the weekends so Mondays tend to be the busiest, just so you know. Hopefully we will have a new helpdesk set up in the very near future, which will not only track all tickets more securely but can provide other sources of info/resources that can help with what you need faster. :thumbsup:

That's great! Now if we can just stop the immature moderators from locking and deleting everyone's post, that would be nice. ;)

#25 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

That's great! Now if we can just stop the immature moderators from locking and deleting everyone's post, that would be nice. ;)

You do realize the immature moderators can just give you a warning and be done with it, right? :)

#26 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

You do realize the immature moderators can just give you a warning and be done with it, right? :)

No offense ugriffin. But I have not received any warnings. I just come back to the forum to find post removed or locked. I'm just not use to this and it's frustrating. I've been using computers since the 80's and been online since it's availability and have never been on a forum that was ruled by such an iron fist, so to say.

For example, just because a topic is solved doesn't mean it has to locked. An issue may come back later and it would be nice to use the same topic. Also, as I see it, as long as a topic is not vulgar or hateful, there's no need to delete post. Forum members should be able to talk about what's on their mind, whether it be good or bad. If some people don't like the topic, then don't reply. Also, just because a topic is an old topic, doesn't mean someone shouldn't be able to respond to it. It's just like history in school. We need to be able to talk about past and current events to make something better in the future.

Anyways... If members on a forum can not discuss with what they have on their minds, resolve their own issues new and old, then what is the forum for?

That and if I hadn't complained about the help desk issue as others did too, it wouldn't be fixed now. ;)

Edited by FLASHPULSE, 14 September 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#27 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7709 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

This has now been fixed. This subtle change in the link had gone unnoticed...

I'm confused about what's been fixed. I just checked again, and...

-- If I select Support/HelpDesk from YoYoGames, I get: http://yoyogames.mojohelpdesk.com/

-- If I select Support/HelpDesk from the GMC, I get: http://yoyo.mojohelpdesk.com/

So BOTH pages work now?

Edited by chance, 14 September 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#28 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8362 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

No offense ugriffin. But I have not received any warnings.

So.

I just come back to the forum to find post removed or locked.

Again so what. Why don't you or the other members behave better.

Your behaviour in this topic demonstrates the imature behaviour you accuse the others of. For instance, Scotay posted here apologising for the helpdesk issue. Instead of just accepting it and moving on you then decide you had to start editorialising about something else. Topic closing. And came to the conclusions that the topic closings are becaue the moderators are imature.

That's nonsense. If you want to discuss the closing of topics, then why don't you create a topic and discuss maturely some changes to the closing policy. You not liking their policy doesn't make them immature. And you name calling like you did wasn't necessary.

You did something similar earlier. You made the assumption that because your ticket was closed inappropriately, the reason absolutely had to be because "YYGs doesn't care about its users". That's just stupid. Do you honestly think that who ever processed your ticket; read it, came to the conclusion that that was the reason there have been reported cases of missing helpdesk tickets, then closed the ticket, without giving a damn. No there are a lot of reasons it fell through the cracks, and human error doesn't mean the company as a whole doesn't care about its customers.

I'm just not use to this and it's frustrating. I've been using computers since the 80's and been online since it's availability and have never been on a forum that was ruled by such an iron fist, so to say.

So what again. A forums policy is dependant on a lot of things and YYGs policy on their forums content is a lot more forgiving than a lot of company owned forums. The fact that you can post negative things demonstrates that. You're statement about this being the most iron fisted demonstrates you're lying or you don't have the experience you claim you do.

#29 FLASHPULSE

FLASHPULSE

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. This is exactly why I do not care much for this forum. I'm out. ;)

#30 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member
  • 4935 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'm not going to argue with you. This is exactly why I do not care much for this forum. I'm out. ;)

I agree with you about everything being closed or deleted. Unfortunately something is preventing me from simply leaving the forum, but I don't know what :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users