#1 Peter Porky

Peter Porky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 257 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Judgement

It's a psychological adventure game/RPG dealing with moral dillemas and a mysterious world. Screenshots provided in the link.

The gameplay and artwork is above the curve for most YoYoGames, I'd give it a try :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Peter Porky, 01 September 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#2 Peter Porky

Peter Porky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

bump

#3 FT94

FT94

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

I played the game game without and with the commentary. I like philosifical games, and you didn't used the money/people cliche but people/people. But it needs more use of images to cause impact. And you eliminated the possibility of a third option when you saw that everyone needs to be save or dead.

Bugs:
-There's a lost bone in left-down side of the screen at "hell 1"
-The sprite that holds the katana with two hands when at side, but with one when in front/back.
-You can escape the the torture decision by going directly to the last one.
-There's at "hell 1" a passege to the edge of the screen giving the sensation that is possible to change to other room.
-Commentary doesn't work at the "last hell".
-A lot after a attack with the katana, you can cut the entlangments touching from the sides.
-When the family is killed, the game looks that everone is killed.
-Gas pounds show 0 before the real mensage.
-You can select the same family menber two times, causing a error in the father's mensage.
-Moving spikes failed to cause damage. Consequence of the correct position of the switch?
-The "last hell" have a lot of hit solid places not being solid. And a blocked turret.

Good luck with the game. :thumbsup:

#4 Peter Porky

Peter Porky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

I played the game game without and with the commentary. I like philosifical games, and you didn't used the money/people cliche but people/people. But it needs more use of images to cause impact. And you eliminated the possibility of a third option when you saw that everyone needs to be save or dead.

Bugs:
-There's a lost bone in left-down side of the screen at "hell 1"
-The sprite that holds the katana with two hands when at side, but with one when in front/back.
-You can escape the the torture decision by going directly to the last one.
-There's at "hell 1" a passege to the edge of the screen giving the sensation that is possible to change to other room.
-Commentary doesn't work at the "last hell".
-A lot after a attack with the katana, you can cut the entlangments touching from the sides.
-When the family is killed, the game looks that everone is killed.
-Gas pounds show 0 before the real mensage.
-You can select the same family menber two times, causing a error in the father's mensage.
-Moving spikes failed to cause damage. Consequence of the correct position of the switch?
-The "last hell" have a lot of hit solid places not being solid. And a blocked turret.

Good luck with the game. :thumbsup:

I highly appreciate that you played it through twice. My spriter passed away, and since I have no talent at spriting, providing more images is impossible. Could you provide an example of a third option?

-Never noticed the bone before, thanks. It's fixed now.
-Again, spriter is dead. Can't do anything about it, I might be able to mix and match sprites from the side, but this seems like a minor bug at the moment.
-I thought I patched that, I'll go and find what went wrong.
-Another minor bug, I patched it by placing rocks at the semi-invisible wall
-That's odd, I went through and playtested all of them... I must've changed something, I'll go fix it.
-I've noticed this too; fixed.
-That's true, I'll just make them jump to the edge at the time of Judgement
-This happened with a lot of objects in the game; fixed now.
-The way its coded it would be a pain in the ass to recode, I'll work on it now.
-The switch either opened the gates of zombies or opened the gates of the south; I was unsure of how I would make the spikes do damage, as the player would get stuck on them, frustrating the player.
-I'm assuming you mean the holes in the ground- that's intentional.

You really went in-depth with your play-through. Thanks again :)

#5 Peter Porky

Peter Porky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

bump

#6 FT94

FT94

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Stop bumbing, it makes you look desperate for comments.

I can try to fix fix the sprite for you. You only need to send me the current one.

Third option explanation: link

You don't need to add the third option, but making space for one makes difference in the plot, leaving the player thinking about it.

And What is the role of the petrified man in the history?

More bugs and sugestions:
-The inventory is untidy.
-The tape options could use buttons to look a better, instead of a lot of text.
-The commentary could be written too.
-Maybe a customizaded box for the texts instead of the Game Maker's one.
-There is a white line in the screenshoots.
-Use the Winrar to reduce the file size.
-The solid problem is not the the holes on the ground, but the hospital bed.
-A more precise ammo counter.
-Hotkey to change weapon?
-When you go to the inventory and goes back at the "grassland" you can see some lines on the ground that dissapear after a brief moment. (Or really need to stop playing games for a time...)

You're welcome! (i'm using this expression right?) I like to surprise test games. :smile:

#7 Peter Porky

Peter Porky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

Ehh, I'm bumping to get more plays, to get feedback to improve it... so yes, I guess I'm trying to get more comments.

The spriting can be done by myself, thanks anyway though. It seems like a minor bug at the moment(but bugs are getting more and more minor as I continue polishing the game)

There's a third option in most to some extent:

Save the family members that love each other the most.
Save the family members that you love the most.
Save the family members that fulfills your curiosity to open the safe.

Save the man.
Kill the man quickly.
Kill the man slowly.

Mercy kill someone.
Give them a half-life.
Sacrifice yourself for the person.

Saw-off a shotgun.
Put a bayonet on the shotgun.
Do nothing to the shotgun.

The petrified man was a MacGuffin to give the player a chainsaw(and duct tape), and to show the player he isn't the only one trapped in this world who isn't in some sort of moral dillema.

-What's untidy about the inventory? Functionally or visually?
-That seems like a better solution, I had that in as a placeholder as comp06 was rushing me.
-I took the commentary concept from Valve games, they have it written as well. I'll put that in when I get around to it. I just haven't programmed anything with formatted text before.
-I like Game Maker's in-game messaging system, and I'd have to go through and sift through a bunch of code to replace it with a custom messaging system.
-I'm not concerned about that.
-Ehh, I'm a bit unsure about that. First off, I'm not sure how to do it, second off, zipped files are just a turn-off for me, I want to click "run" instead of download-extract-run.
-Right, I'll try and find a better mask for that.
-Agreed
-I originally had the shotgun-bayonet have a hotkey to change weapon©; Granted it would be a lot easier for gameplay, but then it would leave the shotgun-bayonet completely useless.
-Ehh... its just the imprint of the tiles, nothing can be done about it, it happens when fading in and out of anything.

Thanks again; You are using the expression right ;).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users