Photo

CrySet - We publish your games! And pay you!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
332 replies to this topic

#301 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

Added a simple version of how the developer control panel will work in the new design - At the minute it's only simple, but you can do everything you can do in the current one, in this one (other than altering information/platforms). You can however upload a file to the game :)

There's also a new feature in this control panel, you can de-activate your game, making it unavailable to the public (and re-activate it, ofcourse). Re-activating/De-activating doesn't require the game to be reviewed again.

Also, we're now using SEO friendly URL's, for example, this is how game links look: http://cryset.com/ga...Nocturne/H4x0r/
This is a game search link: http://cryset.com/se...l-games/page-1/
And this is the dashboard link: http://cryset.com/profile/dashboard/

99% of the new site will use SEO friendly URL's

VIS Design - Quality Web Design & Development

#302 DaRk_bLaDe

DaRk_bLaDe

Super Spy Fat Guy

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have a question to do with the payment. How exactly does it work? Through PayPal? or some other such method?

-DaRk
Posted Image

#303 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

I have a question to do with the payment. How exactly does it work? Through PayPal? or some other such method?

-DaRk

You set your PayPal address in your profile settings, and we pay you via that.

#304 AlexTM

AlexTM

GMC Member?

• GMC:Member
  • 1437 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

So like.. because I live in Britain, would the $ automatically get converted to ?

#305 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

So like.. because I live in Britain, would the $ automatically get converted to ?

You'd choose. When your PayPal account is transferred a currency different to your own, it gives you the option to either create a new sort of 'bank' which stores money of that currency OR convert it to the currency you currently use :)

#306 DaRk_bLaDe

DaRk_bLaDe

Super Spy Fat Guy

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

But what if you do not have a PayPal account and are unable to obtain one? would the money just sit in your profile until it can be converted to real money and sent through PayPal?
Posted Image

#307 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

But what if you do not have a PayPal account and are unable to obtain one? would the money just sit in your profile until it can be converted to real money and sent through PayPal?

I suppose in special cases we could make an exception - maybe a different way to receive the money? Or allow you to spend the money on advertisement @ Cryset?

Edit: Also, we don't pay you unless you request to be paid ;) So your money would just sit there, yes.
Edit 2: by request, I mean click the "withdraw" button ;D

Edited by beatson, 22 March 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#308 DaRk_bLaDe

DaRk_bLaDe

Super Spy Fat Guy

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

Ok thanks for clearing this up for me, as i cannot have a PayPal account (under age so i might get my parents to do it :P)

Also how much money does each play of the game (or however money for the developers generate) give the developer? I believe i read the eact number somewhere but i could be mistaken.

Thanks again,
-Dark
Posted Image

#309 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Ok thanks for clearing this up for me, as i cannot have a PayPal account (under age so i might get my parents to do it :P)

Also how much money does each play of the game (or however money for the developers generate) give the developer? I believe i read the eact number somewhere but i could be mistaken.

Thanks again,
-Dark

At the minute its $1 CPM (per 1,000 plays) - So $0.001 per play. This is likely to increase in the future though :) For an upto-date reference, visit your DevCP ( http://cryset.com/home/p/devcp.php )

Edited by beatson, 23 March 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#310 DaRk_bLaDe

DaRk_bLaDe

Super Spy Fat Guy

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Ok thanks :D
Posted Image

#311 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

We're coming close to finishing the "Custom API Fields" (or CAFs) feature on CrySet, development on it after we've finished will be limited (other than to fix bugs etc). Now's the time to speak out if you're wanting to request anything for this feature. For those who aren't familiar with the new feature, you can find a blog post on it here: Custom API Fields.

So far, users can make the following checks on inserted data (where VAL is a developer chosen value):

~Integer Check
Ensures the data being entered is an integer

~Integer <= VAL
Checks the data to make sure it is less than or equal to VAL

~Integer >= VAL
Checks the data to make sure it is greater than or equal to VAL

~String Length <= VAL
Makes sure the length of the string is no less than VAL

~String Length >= VAL
Makes sure the length of the string is no greater than VAL

~String Contains -> VAL -> Accept
Checks the string to see if it contains VAL, submits the data if it does

~String Contains -> VAL -> Deny
If the string contains VAL, deny the data from being inserted

We also allow you to choose default values to be inserted, as opposed to manually submitted data. Checks are not available for default values (because they aren't needed).

~User ID
Automatically inserts the currently logged in users ID

~Users name/email
Automatically inserts either the users name or e-mail

~Date and/or Time
Automatically inserts either the current date, time or both (date and time)

If anyone has any more suggestions towards checks/defaults then please let me know :)

Ta,

CrySet

#312 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1589 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

At the bottom most part of your website, you spelled advertise wrong. Just a heads up. Posted Image

gcjRa8D.png

#313 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

At the bottom most part of your website, you spelled advertise wrong. Just a heads up. Posted Image

lmao, cheers.

#314 Kill...

Kill...

GMC Member

• 94 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

So if I post my game on this website do i still have complete ownership of it.

Edited by Kill..., 05 April 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#315 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yep.

#316 Bcm27

Bcm27

GMC Member

• 333 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yep.

Yes, you have full ownership of any and all titles that you submit, if you want further information view the terms and services.
- Bcm27 -
- Moderator of CrySet Games -
- Amateur Game Designer -Space Fighter-

#317 ohaithar

ohaithar

GMC Member

• 150 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

At the minute its $1 CPM (per 1,000 plays) - So $0.001 per play. This is likely to increase in the future though :) For an upto-date reference, visit your DevCP ( http://cryset.com/home/p/devcp.php )

At the moment the most played game has almost 3k plays in ~6 months?, so that's 3$.
I could get more money in an hour begging on the street, just saying :whistle:

#318 alexandervrs

alexandervrs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

-DaRk

Any chance you'll be implementing Alertpay payments as well in the future? :)

I like the new theme, the games list looks cool but a little distracting with all those sliding effects, especially when you rollover on multiple items fast. A fade in/out effect could work better maybe.
Not sure if you develop your website from scratch or you are based on a framework but a nice feature that I'd like to see is responsive design. Really useful if someone is playing a HTML5 from iPhone let's say and not many game websites honor that.

Another issue, that I think it could lead to more bounce rate, is when I push "Play" on a HTML5 game on the games list, I get transferred to a page with the full description, comments and need to press the "Play in Browser" button in order to start the game, this is kind of a double effort from the user's standpoint. I'd suggest placing the HTML5/Flash game inside that page with the description and comments so it is more immediate to play.

Edited by alexandervrs, 08 April 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#319 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

At the moment the most played game has almost 3k plays in ~6 months?, so that's 3$.
I could get more money in an hour begging on the street, just saying :whistle:

By all means, go beg ;D

-DaRk

Any chance you'll be implementing Alertpay payments as well in the future? :)

I like the new theme, the games list looks cool but a little distracting with all those sliding effects, especially when you rollover on multiple items fast. A fade in/out effect could work better maybe.
Not sure if you develop your website from scratch or you are based on a framework but a nice feature that I'd like to see is responsive design. Really useful if someone is playing a HTML5 from iPhone let's say and not many game websites honor that.

Another issue, that I think it could lead to more bounce rate, is when I push "Play" on a HTML5 game on the games list, I get transferred to a page with the full description, comments and need to press the "Play in Browser" button in order to start the game, this is kind of a double effort from the user's standpoint. I'd suggest placing the HTML5/Flash game inside that page with the description and comments so it is more immediate to play.

Some great suggestions. I haven't looked into AlertPay, but I will do seeing as you've suggested it.

The reason the game is on its own page is size - I've noticed a lot of HTML games tend to be quite large (w*h)... Especially Nocturnes H4X0R! What I could do is just add another link that takes you directly to the game, so give the user a choice between visiting the game page or going straight to playing the game.

Well, seeing as mobile devices cannot download and play most of the games on CrySet, it's seems sort of pointless to create a mobile version of the site. I developed the site from scratch, by myself, so you can imagine it'd be quite time consuming to keep 2 versions of the site working side-by-side!

What I was thinking in the future though, was to develop a HTML5 games only site ran from CrySets database of games - I may/probably will develop a mobile version of that site.

#320 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

How many ppl visit your site everyday (or month) ?

8tO5PfD.png 

#321 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

#322 alexandervrs

alexandervrs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Some great suggestions. I haven't looked into AlertPay, but I will do seeing as you've suggested it.

The reason the game is on its own page is size - I've noticed a lot of HTML games tend to be quite large (w*h)... Especially Nocturnes H4X0R! What I could do is just add another link that takes you directly to the game, so give the user a choice between visiting the game page or going straight to playing the game.

[...]

Maybe you could have like options to resize or pop-out the game in a new window like newgrounds does?
And about the bandwidth, maybe you could have a <div> saying "Click here to play the game" with an image from the game as background, and when clicked on turn the div into an iframe and link to the game through javascript? That would supposedly use less bandwidth if someone just wanted to view the comments.

Edited by alexandervrs, 08 April 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#323 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

[...]

Maybe you could have like options to resize or pop-out the game in a new window like newgrounds does?
And about the bandwidth, maybe you could have a <div> saying "Click here to play the game" with an image from the game as background, and when clicked on turn the div into an iframe and link to the game through javascript? That would supposedly use less bandwidth if someone just wanted to view the comments.

I meant size as in pixels in width/height ;D There are a few games which are 900+ pixels long, and wouldn't fit on the current game pages. Hopefully when we implement the new site that'l change. The game will just load above the rest of the game page ;)

Edit:

Example: http://cryset.com/ga...Ward-(HTML5-WiP)/

Edited by beatson, 09 April 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#324 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1589 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Not bad, not bad.

gcjRa8D.png

#325 Bcm27

Bcm27

GMC Member

• 333 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

Not bad, not bad.

I have my homepage as CrySet, but that's because I am a moderator there and must act accordingly, but yes. Cryset is a fast growing site.
- Bcm27 -

#326 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

We've reached 10,000 game plays. Everyone over level 0 has been given $1 in their account, everyone over level 1 has been given another $1, and everyone over level 5 has been given another $1.

#327 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 24180 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Cool... Nice one, and thank you! Lets hope you keep growing...

lz6lxdC.pngd7ZQQ3F.gifFlvJzyf.png

40799.png

#328 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

fingers crossed ;D

Update:

Updating HTML5/other browser based games will now be a lot quicker as our site mods have a 1-click update system. I'll post an update about how to arrange your zip files accordingly (isn't much you need to do, just make sure the index.html file is in the first-most directory, and can be seen as soon as the zip is opened).

#329 Bcm27

Bcm27

GMC Member

• 333 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

fingers crossed ;D

Update:

Updating HTML5/other browser based games will now be a lot quicker as our site mods have a 1-click update system. I'll post an update about how to arrange your zip files accordingly (isn't much you need to do, just make sure the index.html file is in the first-most directory, and can be seen as soon as the zip is opened).

All proceeding according to plan, it worked smoothly. Great job as usual boss man. :cool:
- Bcm27 -

#330 iNCEPTIONAL

iNCEPTIONAL

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 934 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Well I've uploaded my game to your site and since I think it's a polished and fun game I would be extremely happy if you featured it on the wee banner on the front page, so lets see what comes of it all, eh...

Also, I'll happily provide you with a banner image for the game should it require one to appear on the featured section.

:)

Edited by Freeload, 13 May 2012 - 05:23 PM.

33blqpe.jpg

#331 Jobo

Jobo

Code Jedi Knight

• Global Moderators
  • 2935 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I still like this.

Add a lighter skin, the darkness of the page is killing my eyes when I have to read text.
I'm adjusted to light and thus my eyes have an easier time reading dark on light.
I have to focus and concentrate way too much to read all this.

So valuable suggestion of the month: add a light skin.

Edit: added "still".

Edited by Jobo, 13 May 2012 - 06:52 PM.

Twitter: @jobo_gm - personal account

Twitter: @parakeetide - the GameMaker: Studio 1.x editor you deserve

#332 2d_games

2d_games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1504 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Really beautiful site you have here. I'm going to use this when I have a finished game to upload. :)

I read, in this topic, that you might look into partnerships with other sites? The first thing that came into my mind was 64digits. Maybe you can recommend it as a file host and 64digits can do something to help bring more traffic. Just a thought.

#333 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:34 AM

As I mentioned to the OP via PM, this topic is no longer allowed in Distributing Games so it has been locked. Continue any conversation in the CrySet thread under Website Announcements.

html5ebook20.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users