Photo

CrySet - We publish your games! And pay you!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
332 replies to this topic

#271 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Looking forward to this! Cryset could become the dominant player in this industry Posted Image

#272 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

This weekend, all revenue given to developers is going to be multiplied by 8! For every game play or download, you'll earn $0.008 - Doesn't sound a lot? For every thousand plays, instead of $1, you'll get $8.

This offer will start at 12:00AM Friday morning, and end 12:00AM Sunday morning.

This offer applies to all games - Browser and non-browser based. Partnered accounts will still earn double! ($16 CPM).

Regards,

The CrySet Team

#273 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Impressive that is more than Adfly, without all the annoyance, lol. Too bad I'm still far from finishing anything. Posted Image

#274 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Not to worry, we'll try and do stuff like this more often.

#275 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Revenue

We found a major flaw in the way we handled revenue/way downloads are counted (Especially in browser based games). This issue has now been fixed and you should start to notice your revenue increasing more :)

#276 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Few updates...

We've written out a small description of how we review games here

To celebrate 10,000 game plays, we're giving some $$ away - Blog post can be found here

A small public log of all the little changes that we make to CrySet. You can view that here

We've also got a new moderator on the forums - Ziggler1

Edited by beatson, 02 March 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#277 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

We're working on a new design! Would love some opinions (so far, they haven't been bad): http://cryset.com/AE8F1/

#278 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hmm, I actually like the old design more. If you don't mind some criticism, it has more style, and the elements are in general, smoothly integrated in general. And the new layout is a bit odd, namely the two games that are randomly at the bottom of the site. Just doesn't really fit in...Posted Image

#279 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19919 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I think you are moving in the right direction by removing the "RPGish" warrior logo, but I still prefer the old layout. The white CrySet bar at the top really looks out of place and I agree with the above comment that the two games at the bottom just look kinda... well.. lost! Or tagged on as an afterthought... and that the old layout had a more rounded and "together" feel.

#280 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hmm, I actually like the old design more. If you don't mind some criticism, it has more style, and the elements are in general, smoothly integrated in general. And the new layout is a bit odd, namely the two games that are randomly at the bottom of the site. Just doesn't really fit in...Posted Image

Ofcourse I don't mind criticism, but what do you mean by 'more style'? The two games that are randomly at the bottom have been mentioned before, I plan to remove them. The rest is practically the same as before in a way (in terms of content, not design). This design is more fluid though, the last one looked really thin on some larger monitors. I did like the old design, but the way I built round it made it really difficult to alter and add new things, one of the many reasons I decided to design a new template.

I have however haven't tested the site on anything less than 1366x768 (yet), so I apologise if it has problems in lower resolutions.

EDIT:

I think you are moving in the right direction by removing the "RPGish" warrior logo, but I still prefer the old layout. The white CrySet bar at the top really looks out of place and I agree with the above comment that the two games at the bottom just look kinda... well.. lost! Or tagged on as an afterthought... and that the old layout had a more rounded and "together" feel.

Well, I'm still working on a new logo. God knows what I was thinking when I originally designed it! The games where at the top, but I moved the to the bottom whilst I tested them before removing them (used them to test the ajax).

What is it about the old design that makes it better than this one? Although I did like the old design, I want to steer away from the dark colours and the huge images - loading times (especially where I live) were quite large.

What resolutions/type of monitor are you both using?

Edited by beatson, 06 March 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#281 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Sorry, I was interrupted while typing so I lost my train of thought. Well, in that case, I will tell you what I liked about the old template so hopefully you can add in some of my ideas. I'm a big fan of sliders, they're awesome, especially when well used. On the older template, it fit in nicely with the background (which I really like as well). So it gives the website an "atmosphere" as a restaurant does. Though use of white space is important, I think that game publishing websites should have a unique look, like the old template with its nice background, color scheme, and image slider. Posted Image

#282 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19919 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yep, all of the above. The large images are a pain and I´d love you to change them, but I do really like the essence of the old design. It is distinct, and atmospheric, and not at all like Armor Games or Kongregate or any other large games host, which is a good thing and sets it apart! Oh and at the moemnt I´m on my laptop which is 1366*768, but my desktop is 1920*1080 and it still looked fine to me.

#283 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

^ Yeah, Nocturne's talk on the atmosphere is what I was trying to get at.

#284 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

So... The current design isn't original then? I took out the background (because it's huge) from the current design, but it didn't look right at all, and I could not for the life of me come up with a suitable background colour.

I tried the design (current one) on a 1920*1080 and after waiting the site to eventually load, it looked really really thin to me - that's sort of what sparked off my intention to change it (that and someone in the web-design business 'advised' I change it to suite larger resolutions).

Personally, I like the new design a lot more. I'm shocked from the responses its gotten from here, as I've had a lot of positive comments from elsewhere.

#285 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19919 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Give it time to get more responses... After all, we are only two of many!!!

#286 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Personally, I like the new design a lot more. I'm shocked from the responses its gotten from here, as I've had a lot of positive comments from elsewhere.

Yeah, I know that feeling. But like Nocturne said, it's just two people so far.

#287 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 6966 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Just to unintentionally break up this discussion, I have to point out that CrySet really seems like a promising site what with the revenue formula and all that... I'll gotta keep an eye out for you for when I get more spare time and actually have time to share games again.

So right now you're having problems designing a logo? Hmm... the name "CrySet" makes me think about Cryostatics and stuff, that is, low temperatures near zero Kelvin. Perhaps you could use a design with cool 3D icicles, mist and and stuff on a black background? Just a suggestion. You could perhaps even have a frozen mammoth or something inside a big ice block to symbolize how great your site is, or a bunch of game dev and playing tools such as a gamepad, a keyboard, and some gold coins and goblins to symbolize the general gamingness of the site; perhaps both.

#288 Harrk

Harrk

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I still think that the game names should be a link to that games page. It gets me every time when I try and click the game name thinking it's a link.

#289 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Aye, well I'm still working on it, so hopefully I'll get it to suite everyone most eventually.

Just to unintentionally break up this discussion, I have to point out that CrySet really seems like a promising site what with the revenue formula and all that... I'll gotta keep an eye out for you for when I get more spare time and actually have time to share games again.

So right now you're having problems designing a logo? Hmm... the name "CrySet" makes me think about Cryostatics and stuff, that is, low temperatures near zero Kelvin. Perhaps you could use a design with cool 3D icicles, mist and and stuff on a black background? Just a suggestion. You could perhaps even have a frozen mammoth or something inside a big ice block to symbolize how great your site is, or a bunch of game dev and playing tools such as a gamepad, a keyboard, and some gold coins and goblins to symbolize the general gamingness of the site; perhaps both.

I actually never thought of the site like that. Those are some great idea's I might have a play around with. I was looking to just have a really basic logo though, something that can be easily re-created / adapted.

I still think that the game names should be a link to that games page. It gets me every time when I try and click the game name thinking it's a link.

The new design makes everything a link ;)

#290 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Suggestions. I hope you will consider them. I included what I liked about your previous design and what you could improve on for you new design. Also, I enjoyed your previous color scheme with blue/black. Anyways, take a look at them. Ignore my spelling errors, did it in a hurry.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Sirosky, 07 March 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#291 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Suggestions. I hope you will consider them. I included what I liked about your previous design and what you could improve on for you new design. Also, I enjoyed your previous color scheme with blue/black. Anyways, take a look at them. Ignore my spelling errors, did it in a hurry.
-SNIP-

I consider every suggestion ;)

I'll go through them in order:

~I need to put in a logo (needs designing) where the "CrySet" text is, it's just a placeholder ;)
~Menu doesn't have all the items in place yet - plan on adding more (such as the "community" tab)
~Too little space: Hmm, doesn't look like that on mine, there's a larger gap on my monitor - I'll have to adjust that.
~More subtle? Kind of like the current arrows?
~I suppose I could, the idea was to regularly change those ones a lot more often, though.

Next image:
~The blending is a simple box-shadow, I'd have to remove the current inner shadow to put that there.
~I could add that text to the slider ;)
~The little image circles could be difficult to implement, the current slider is a pre-made one (well, both are).

#292 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much my list of suggestions.

#293 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Just released "stage 1" of the new CrySet Dashboard... Opinions?

(you can login to the new site here, then just click the big blue button that says "dashboard")

#294 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hmm, idk. The same atmosphere isn't there...

#295 Bcm27

Bcm27

GMC Member

• 333 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hmm, idk. The same atmosphere isn't there...

Agreed, it just doesn't feel the same. No mater what, even with all the niceties I still like the old (current) website.

#296 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Not sure I know what you meal? The idea behind this style of dashboard is to fit everything into one (including managing games). Everything about you, your games, your bog, you comments... everything can be managed by clicking 'dashboard'.

#297 NegaChomp

NegaChomp

GMC Member

• 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Wow, your site looks really nice and promising! I'll have to consider publishing a game or two there sometime! (of course, I'll have to get the full versions of all my game design tools first...) I think I'll be registering and adding the site to my favorites.

#298 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19919 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Actually, the newer dashboard is good. Itīs clearer and easier to navigate.

#299 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Actually, the newer dashboard is good. Itīs clearer and easier to navigate.

'Nuff said...

#300 Sirosky

Sirosky

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1441 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Not sure I know what you meal? The idea behind this style of dashboard is to fit everything into one (including managing games). Everything about you, your games, your bog, you comments... everything can be managed by clicking 'dashboard'.

It's what I mentioned last time. I think that it will be difficult to integrate the old atmosphere. But if you can, you will set yourself apart from Armor Games, Kongregate, Miniclip, etc. Going with the consensus is fine I suppose. But for games, you should innovate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users