storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image

\/ DOWNLOAD \/
http://adf.ly/2PjKl

How to Play: Bibby is a Beaver. He goes around doing Beaver like things.

Bibby can Spin Jump making him invulnerable to Weak Attacks. Spin jumping is really easy, just jump while running. You can also jump on enemies as your most basic attack, the Smash attack. You also can use Bite with Gamepad "B" or "X".

Every time you lose a life you lose 12,000 points. Once you run out of points it 's Game Over and you have to start from the beginning of the Act. To gain points collect stars. If you collect all three you get 10,000 bonus points. At the end of the Act, you also get a small time bonus. Your grade is determined by your completion time and in order to get higher than an F rating you need all three stars. (This grade is not essential to complete the level, though it has some special rewards in the full game.)

The demo includes the first Act. The next demo will include the first Act, 1 battle arena and a special unlockable Arena.

History:

Aug 04, 2011 - First GMC Beta released!

Aug 05, 2011 - Beta update 2.2 released, included with some minor graphical goodies! File Host switched to Yoyo Sandbox.

Aug 06, 2011 - Important update 2.5 released, includes melee attacks, health system, changed sound and more graphical goodies. Going to bed.

Edited by storkEXEC, 21 August 2011 - 04:44 PM.

Bibby the Beaver beta v 2.5

Rabid Ace: Enter the Darkness beta v 1

Eye CANDY. You can't live off candy, too much of it makes you hyper then sluggish, fat, and gives you cavities

My cousins favorite food is broccoli.

#2 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

your game look's good, but dont have a xbox controller atm :S

edit 1: if can't say if i would buy this game becouse i cant play it XD

Edited by BlueDebel, 04 August 2011 - 05:26 PM.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#3 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

your game look's good, but dont have a xbox controller atm :S

edit 1: if can't say if i would buy this game becouse i cant play it XD

You can play with a keyboard, just if you have a xbox controller or gamepad you can play with that as well. :D

Eye CANDY. You can't live off candy, too much of it makes you hyper then sluggish, fat, and gives you cavities

#4 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

ok going to try it

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#5 wakeskater_X

wakeskater_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Interesting:

Just a few things: It isn't intuitive that the happy clown will kill you if you touch him at all - make him angry or evil looking XD

Also: The spin animation looks kinda funny, maybe make it faster or something, i always wonder: WILL HE MAKE IT ALL THE WAY AROUND?!?

Other than that it is interesting - maybe change your start screens so it doesn't look like a sonic rip off - unless it's a fan remake - just ripping ideas is meh.

My Games: 

SBX1&2 and GMC Jam Game: Julius Dragonslayer

Twitter:  @WakeStudio

#6 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

:D

Interesting:

Just a few things: It isn't intuitive that the happy clown will kill you if you touch him at all - make him angry or evil looking XD

Also: The spin animation looks kinda funny, maybe make it faster or something, i always wonder: WILL HE MAKE IT ALL THE WAY AROUND?!?

Other than that it is interesting - maybe change your start screens so it doesn't look like a sonic rip off - unless it's a fan remake - just ripping ideas is meh.

I thought all clowns were evil :P

The spin is easily tweakable, I will see if increasing it by 25%, 33%, 50% or 100% will make it look any better.

You can expect an update very soon, and the level screens will look much cooler.

EDIT: Update complete.

Edited by storkEXEC, 05 August 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#7 wakeskater_X

wakeskater_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

haha very nice, beat the game in a few mins, perhaps you might consider the following: More enemies but make a hearts system where 1 hit doesnt kill you, some other kind of attack maybe to hit enemies making the platformer unique :)

original music XD - if you ever want to make money off it at least. ;)

Just some ideas for ya but it was pretty cool man GJ and good luck with future patches etc

My Games: 

SBX1&2 and GMC Jam Game: Julius Dragonslayer

Twitter:  @WakeStudio

#8 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

haha very nice, beat the game in a few mins, perhaps you might consider the following: More enemies but make a hearts system where 1 hit doesnt kill you, some other kind of attack maybe to hit enemies making the platformer unique :)

original music XD - if you ever want to make money off it at least. ;)

Just some ideas for ya but it was pretty cool man GJ and good luck with future patches etc

Thanks, added fighting mechanics and now the music is completely made by me :D

#9 Terrified Virus

Terrified Virus

Moderators Plaything

• GMC Member
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Looks pretty cool :)

1357275755.png

#10 commodore swift

commodore swift

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

This game made me flatulent uncontrollably. This is a work of art, and should be displayed at museums. Yo bibby! lol
On mod preview. :snitch:

#11 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

This game made me flatulent uncontrollably. This is a work of art, and should be displayed at museums. Yo bibby! lol

LOOOOOOOL! ::lmao:: :lol:

#12 Supertoad25

Supertoad25

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

First off, the graphics and music is nice (except for the intro to the stage.)
Secondly, can't beaver swim? and if not, can't they fall though water like normal animals?
Thirdly, there's nothing stopping be from rushing though levels for the most part, is that why the boss is so hard (by the way, you know your game is ridiculous when...read spoilers below.) and his ultimate attack, seizures! (Also I got an gameover.)

Spoilers:
Spoiler

There was a pirated sample of some music in my game Dot in Danger. piracy is wrong, but the game was not commercial nor is it up anymore, the 2 people who downloaded the game should delete it from their computers. thank you.

#13 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

First off, the graphics and music is nice (except for the intro to the stage.)
Secondly, can't beaver swim? and if not, can't they fall though water like normal animals?
Thirdly, there's nothing stopping be from rushing though levels for the most part, is that why the boss is so hard (by the way, you know your game is ridiculous when...read spoilers below.) and his ultimate attack, seizures! (Also I got an gameover.)

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Lol, I thought the intro music was awesome, nothing but 1980's orchestra hits and midi drums :yes:

The water doesn't really make sense, in later levels you can swim in it. I think it was supposed to have a water fall texture but I never got around to it.

The first act is supposed to be easy, its supposed to be a time trial, maybe its too easy? Maybe I should make it so you have to collect all the stars to continue?

The car is supposed to be humans vs. beavers taking over their habitat.