• Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

The Underworld

A Crime RPG about the life and times of a London criminal

Posted ImagePosted Image

Download:
Click Me!

Description:
Not by any stretch complete, as I will outline below. However, this'll give you a taste of the finished product, which I'll continue to work on and release after the voting is over. So far, there's one mission from three categories (Kill, Capture, Collect), simplified shooting, RPG elements and more.

Controls:
WASD Movement
Left Click to shoot

Features to Come:
  • Crew (Recruit gang members)
  • Industry (Operate properties like gambling dens)
  • Far more categories of missions
  • Multiple chapters and locations (not just London)
  • Gain items and weapons from missions and use them on other missions
  • Player VS Player (possibly!)

Please leave feedback and vote for me!

Credits:
London Skyline - Wikipedia Commons (User, Dickbauch)
Badge Picture - Wikipedia Commons (User, Rapyobro)
Uses W3D (Wannabe 3D) Engine from TheSnidr (http://www.thesnidr.com/)
City Ground Texture from CGTextures (ConcreteFloors0045 (Texture: #33522))
Building Side Textures adapted from CGTextures (HighRiseTowerblocks0008 (Texture: #51124))
Building Top Texture included with W3D Engine

Edited by Sondar, 03 August 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Ivaxlar

Ivaxlar

GMC Member

• 26 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

I keep getting "Unexpected error has occurred when running the game" :[ I would have loved to play your game, too.. rpgs are my favorite genre

#3 Sondar

Sondar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

That's annoying - I've never received that error before.

Have you got any information about when the errors occur etc. ?

Thanks
Sondar

#4 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

That's annoying - I've never received that error before.

Have you got any information about when the errors occur etc. ?

Thanks
Sondar

maybe he is in windows xp
otherwise the game is good

#5 Ivaxlar

Ivaxlar

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

I'm running Win7 x64 and the error occurs when I first launch the game.. I'm going to try running it on another computer later tonight so hopefully I'll be able to play it then!

#6 ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob

theUndiscovered

• GMC Member
  • 1335 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Howdy! I apologize that it took so long to deliver my review of your game. In attempt to greatly speed this up, I decided awhile back to simply upload my raw materials for the 37 games I played and reviewed. Originally, I recorded audio of myself playing so that I could go back through and type out my live reactions and feelings; however, I changed that plan and instead have been just giving everyone the audio itself.

Note that during the long reviewing process, I wound up changing some of my goals and recording+playing methods. Therefore, your review may or may not contain the following elements:

• Good, clear audio talking about your game.
  • Terrible, spotty audio talking about your game.
  • References to +1 and -1 etc. (which I had originally used for part of my review process for judging -- before the vote time ended).
  • Concise descriptions of what I like and don't like.
  • Long rambles about what I like and don't like. $:^ P
  • Emotive grunts and hurrahs.
  • Outspoken aggravation at some game-breaking bug(s).
  • Disqualification (from my competition judgment/vote) for copyright infringement.
  • Unrelated tangents from my mind wandering.
  • An extra text file or recorded "post script" stating more about the game as an afterthought -- after I thought I'd finished reviewing.
  • Long spans of time with no real audio -- which usually means I was quite engrossed into your game! Good job there if so! $;^ ]
  • Long spans of time with terrible, spotty audio, in which you can tell I'm trying to tell you something, but I didn't do a good job recording. Wow, sorry if this is the case for yours. $:^ (

This link ( http://www.mediafire.../?67g4j40c2xwn2 ) will take you to my list of all the reviews. You can download yours -- along with anyone else's in case you're curious and/or want to compare. $:^ J

If you would like me to replay and re-review your game -- either because my audio is atrocious or because you've greatly improved your stuff since that summer jam many moons ago, or even something like somehow I missed something and you have information that you feel would change my whole view of your project -- just let me know, and I'll see what I can do. ~nodnod~

Many regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users