Is my GM 7 key still usable?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 THE KAPPTIN

THE KAPPTIN

El Capitano

• 2374 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if it's still possible to use the registered version of GM 7. I bought it about 6 months ago, but now when I try to open the activation page (inside Game Maker) it just shows a red-x dead image. Is there anything I can do here?

#2 GStick

GStick

All Secrets Exposed

• GMC Member
  • 1923 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well, I can say I was able to do it a couple months ago. I do recall something about the page not displaying right, but I was able to enter all my info correctly.

Maybe it doesn't work now though, I'm not sure. Hope you get it to work.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 22282 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I still have GM7, and GM8 on my PC without any problems. If your key doesn't work then you will have to get in touch with softwrap...

http://www.softwrap....px?section_id=9

#4 Nadz

Nadz

GMC Member

• 42 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

I own GM7 registered. I see no sign of an "upgrade" offer. Do you have to pay the full price for GM8.1?

#5 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8338 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

I own GM7 registered. I see no sign of an "upgrade" offer. Do you have to pay the full price for GM8.1?

Yes.

#6 Necdilzor

Necdilzor

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 45 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

That sucks. Buy it again full-price? D:!

#7 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8338 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Your not buying it again.

You are buying a different, upgraded version. And if you had been paying attention, you could have bought it for $25.00 instead of $39.99, two months ago. YYGs, did everything they could to get the price increase information out there.

Your negligence, your problem.

#8 MadMez

MadMez

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

I have Win 7 64 bit and bought the full GM version 7 with a book. Have already had my money's worth and quite a bit of fun (although my efforts are awful!) but have been unable to get it to register now I've upgraded to a new computer.

I have re-installed, re-registered, un-installed deleted and deleted the registration files, ran it as admin, installed it as admin and tried different locations for the instalation.

After 5 attempts with Softwrap Support to get my old v7 registered I have given up and got 8.1. I'm a bit leery of buying it (but I know I will anyway :)) because of the complete failure to get the 'old' version running.

I searched here and have 2 e-mails from Softwrap saying 'we have it now fixed!' only to find that that statement is a little premature. I think they've run out of things to try as I haven't heard from them in 3 days.

Any ideas? I think I will just bail on it and get 8.1...

#9 Orbitguy

Orbitguy

UNS Lead Guy

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

8.1 is quite different from 7.0, as I was a registered user of both and it took some time to transition, especially with the new sprite editor that was introduced in 8.0.

http://gamemakerblog...eatures-listed/

8.1 has room zoom in and out, and some font fixes among many other things

To the guy above my post, I would just get 8.1, since 7.0 won't upload to the sandbox anymore(I think)

Edit: oops this topic is like 2 months old lol

Edited by Orbitguy, 04 September 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#10 teej

teej

The PIXEL'er

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

I swear though that I made a successful GM7 license reactivation this year (maybe 4 months ago). But my hard disk just crashed and I needed GM7 Pro... but the embedded upgrade GM webpage is no longer working it seems.

Although, there's really no more reason to use GM 7 since its likely that YoYo will not support this version 7 anymore (except continue old projects made with it). But I have lots of GM7 projects which I intend to continue working on using the latest GM Standard. The small projects are easy to convert but the larger projects really takes some time. In this case, I'm hoping some genius would create a gm7 to gm8 editable file converter.

#11 donjon

donjon

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

good to know that nice informative post

#12 Caracol

Caracol

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Your not buying it again.

You are buying a different, upgraded version. And if you had been paying attention, you could have bought it for $25.00 instead of $39.99, two months ago. YYGs, did everything they could to get the price increase information out there.

Your negligence, your problem.

I never frequented the forums or website a ton, and because of that I missed both the free offer and $25 offer to upgrade. Having registered my GM7 version, I'm assuming they had my email at least, they could have had the courtesy to shoot an email or something. I never got anything.

Anyway, I also registered GM7 on a new computer just a few months ago. If they stopped registering GM7, it had to have been recently.

Edited by Caracol, 09 February 2012 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users