#1 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hey people (especially Mac users).

Owing to the constant flood of GM4Mac questions I get and to get GM4Mac people a place for GM4Mac technical questions, I pinned a topic in the Mac Creations forum.

It is the place for you to ask any GM4Mac specific questions that are not answered by the FAQ in the topic.

You can find it here.

#2 Smarty

Smarty

GMC Member

• Retired Staff
  • 7465 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Jay... You got an entire topic.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21226 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

I have a question!

What's better? A Mac or a Pc?

Posted Image

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7150 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

I have a question!

Posted Image

I have a follow-on question: Which set of users is more obsessed with that question? :D

Actually, the topic sounds good. I have some questions myself about PC/Mac file compatibility. So I'll ask them there.

#5 ZeroReaper

ZeroReaper

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

I have a question!

Posted Image

I have a follow-on question: Which set of users is more obsessed with that question? :D

Actually, the topic sounds good. I have some questions myself about PC/Mac file compatibility. So I'll ask them there.

Yes you can ask questions, however remember not to be impolite.

#6 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8189 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

Owing to the constant flood of GM4Mac questions I get and to get GM4Mac people a place for GM4Mac technical questions, I pinned a topic in the Mac Creations forum.

The fact that there is a constant flood of GM4Mac questions, shouldn't justify a pinned topic, it should justify a sub-forum.

Creating a a Technical Q&A in a Creations sub-forum is silly. It's a non-intuitive place to look for such a resource.

GM4Mac has been out in beta for close to two years now, time and time again various members have tried to demonstrate a need for such a forum. The unique nature of using GM on a Mac demonstrates a need. The differences between GM4Mac and GM 8.x as well as GM4Mac and GM7 demonstrates a need.

Cripes, it took Chronic an hour or so to create all those sub-forums for the GMCG project, and look how active that place is.

Just create a sub-forum in the Mac Creations and WIP forums section. Create some rules similar to the topic rules you listed and be done with it.

Click your mouse a few times, it shouldn't take months, it should take minutes.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 11 July 2011 - 01:27 AM.

#7 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7150 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Just create a sub-forum in the Mac Creations and WIP forums. Create some rules similar to the topic rules you listed and be done with it.

Oh, those Mac users. Always demanding something. Next thing you know, they'll be demanding the same features as PC users. :D

#8 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:36 AM

Just create a sub-forum in the Mac Creations and WIP forums section. Create some rules similar to the topic rules you listed and be done with it.

You know I'm not the guy to pester for a subforum, we gotta pester the admins. :whistle:

But, this is a temporary solution until we get the real thing. ;)

#9 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8189 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:15 AM

I'm not pestering anybody. I posted a comment that is relevant to the topic.

#10 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• 1587 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

If we can't get a subforum yet, could we at least get a pinned topic in a forum people actually read? Like, The Community?

-PF

#11 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

If we can't get a subforum yet, could we at least get a pinned topic in a forum people actually read? Like, The Community?

-PF

What's wrong with the Mac forums? Most people post on the Mac WIP forum looking for help.

NPT... sorry. Btw... I like your sig. ;)

#12 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9402 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:39 AM

What's wrong with the Mac forums? Most people post on the Mac WIP forum looking for help.

Why put it in the Creations forum then?

#13 Smarty

Smarty

GMC Member

• Retired Staff
  • 7465 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

Sorry, no can do. They exceeded the maximum number of forums you can create on a single board. It happened when they put up the 9 forums for the Game Maker Community Game project. Or maybe when they split the Creations forum into 11, not sure.

Besides, Mac users are just a bunch of attention seekers. There's no way such a forum is justified, it will never get as busy as this place, for example.

#14 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member
  • 4922 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

Sorry, no can do. They exceeded the maximum number of forums you can create on a single board. It happened when they put up the 9 forums for the Game Maker Community Game project. Or maybe when they split the Creations forum into 11, not sure.

Besides, Mac users are just a bunch of attention seekers. There's no way such a forum is justified, it will never get as busy as this place, for example.

There is a limit on the number of forums? That is absolutely ridiculous. All the information resides in a mySQL database, so their should be no theoretical limit on the number forums. I don't know how Invision designed the software, but that is interesting..

Anyway. Scrap the GMCG already!

#15 Smarty

Smarty

GMC Member

• Retired Staff
  • 7465 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

There is a limit on the number of forums? That is absolutely ridiculous. All the information resides in a mySQL database, so their should be no theoretical limit on the number forums. I don't know how Invision designed the software, but that is interesting..

Revel. Please fix your sarcasm meter, it's broken.

#16 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9210 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

Yeah, yeah... I've been dragging my feet a little (well, a lot) on this, but I still aim to get it done and open a general discussion forum for GM4Mac (and GM4Win, but we technically already have that).

Then we can all finally separate from each other and smugly discuss our over-priced, shiny computers and our hollowed-out, virus-ridden machines in peace. Black turtlenecks and pocket-protectors will be optional.

#17 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7150 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Then we can all finally separate from each other and smugly discuss our over-priced, shiny computers and our hollowed-out, virus-ridden machines in peace. Black turtlenecks and pocket-protectors will be optional.

Great imagery. ;)

#18 Knuked

Knuked

GMC Member

• 242 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:35 AM

There's no way such a forum is justified, it will never get as busy as this place, for example.

Haha, one thread? I don't own a Mac but I certainly can imagine there would be more activity here than in the GMCG project section. Delete the GMCG project and I'll give you each a billion dollars :P

EDIT: Oh and while I'm add it, I would like a premium or subscriber based board as well. Seriously. I mean for real. Like ... tomorrow is fine.

Edited by Knuked, 26 July 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#19 Alec12

Alec12

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

how do you switch from simple mode to advanced mode on mac.

#20 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8189 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Goto the Menu / File / Advanced Mode

#21 Alec12

Alec12

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

thanks i get it know just one more thing on version 7.5 how do you get any sound?

#22 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9402 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Play it like you normally would?

#23 Alec12

Alec12

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

do you mean without any sound? because if you do how should i launch it on app store?

#24 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8189 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

thanks i get it know just one more thing on version 7.5 how do you get any sound?

do you mean without any sound? because if you do how should i launch it on app store?

You're not making it clear on whether you don't know how to use sound, or sound isn't working properly for you.

And what does either hsve to do with the app store, and why are you posting this in a FAQ topic?

#25 Alec12

Alec12

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

i don't have any sound files i know how to use sound but i don't have any files, how do you get sound files or how do you record them on a mac?

and i don't know why i'm posting this on a FAQ page i just am!!!

Edited by Alec12, 11 August 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#26 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

This is a forum intended for Game Maker questions. If you don't know what a sound file is or how to make one, you should learn this first before learning Game Maker.

#27 Arial

Arial

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 580 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

What was the name of the MAC dlls?

#28 Revel

Revel

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɔɯƃ

• GMC Member